User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Dear INTPs your Si

Dear INTPs how does your Introverted Sensing work? How do you use it?
    Hot-hearted head

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w6

I'm not really sure how to describe Si but here is an explanation I found which is pretty accurate.

An INTP Profile
    INTp (MBTI)
    LII (Socionics) but typed as ILI as well
    5 wing 6
    Ti > Ni > Si > Ne > Te > Fi > Se > Fe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

^ the part about Si is very accurate. Every important part and most of the lesser parts of the Si description fit. Memories, sense of atmosphere etc all resonate strongly with me. The most common way of using Si to accomplish something is probably through getting information from memories and internal thoughts.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    INTP

My response to Dooraven's link:

I'm sort of an aesthete, but in a kind of "platonic" sense, so nobody would ever guess it. I am interested in fashion, but the way I dress doesn't reflect that at all. People have commented on it--I dress in the most nondescript way, don't even care about stains much, so people are really surprised when I start going on about 18th century gowns. This is changing, when I have money I shop for nicer things, but I don't put any thought into what I wear every day. I doubt I'll ever look like someone who's into fashion.

I also care about interior decoration, though you wouldn't tell from seeing my room. I have nothing on my walls, my room is usually somewhat cluttered; if I clean, it is extremely spartan. I picked the simplest furniture. But it's not because I like that style. Really, I love Rococo furnishings, and my ideal home would be a simplified, slightly rugged Rococo.

So, the aesthetic sense I have in my mind is rarely expressed in the outside world. I think it's partially out of an "all or nothing" sense. Getting one fancy picture frame wouldn't give me much pleasure because I wouldn't notice it; I would have to do the whole room to feel the ambiance of a certain style. So until I'm living somewhere I know I'll be living for a long time, I won't bother. But that does make me want to settle soon, so I can start that project.

When traveling, I mostly want to walk around, read in parks, and sit in cafes, I don't want to do a lot of sightseeing. I wouldn't bother going on a trip if I had to stay in a crummy hostel; or rather, I would save and go on vacation once every five years instead of every year in order to stay in a nicer place.

I love things from the past, such as historical fashion and design. I love period films (I'm pretty much the only person in the world who liked Marie Antoinette, I think) and any TV show with a highly stylized look, like Carnivale or Pushing Daisies. For my last birthday, I made my friends watch Black Adder III and eat fancy pastries with me, but I was bummed that we didn't wear costumes for it. If only I had any friends who liked Marie Antoinette and would do that with me. (I really, really like fancy pastries.)

Regarding sentimentality/hoarding: I must buy books, rather than borrow them, though I almost never re-read them. I was in a cooking class in first grade, and a lot of the things we made were more about decoration than cooking; I had to take a picture of everything I took home, but I never looked at the pictures. But compared to most people I am very good at getting rid of things; its really only books and things I've made that I have to keep, and I'm even pretty quick to get rid of things I've made (which I sometimes regret). I can not stand keeping anything associated with bad memories around, which is why I throw away any school-related papers as soon as the semester's over.

MBTI
    INTP

Bump! Sorry if my essay of a post was too hijack-y.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I agree with the need to get something done either right or not at all. It seems so pointless to only get some small piece accomplished that is never really noticed.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    INTP

That link is pretty good. I never quite knew how to describe how i felt about memories, but that's it exactly. I'm always disappointed if the atmosphere changes in a place I haven't been to in a while. The reason I chose to work at an aquarium is because I love the atmosphere of most aquariums. Atmosphere is really important to me, though I probably couldn't tell you any details of a place that had what i consider a perfect atmosphere. I collect things, too, but not things of a certain kind, that would be considered valuable by anyone other than me, more like a collection of unrelated items that mean a specific thing to me.

The fact that "melancholic" was spelled incorrectly on that website is really bothering me, though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

My Si is not too great for me. I am kinda a slob and my stuff is disorganized. I get lost and forget where I parked my car in parking structures or even on the street. It seem like as well as a disconnect with space I also have a disconnect with time. I have a hard time throwing away junk. I tend to value memories and nostalgia more than others. Think about the past see what I did right and wrong and try to keep what is right and discard what is wrong but then forget about my specific plans while doing the act (regardless going through this exercise helps prepare). In general pretty oblivious to the details of my physical environment and more concerned with just taking in a general feel.

I think I differ from a lot of INTPs in that when I choose I can be a fashionable and well dressed although it tends to be a bit erratic. One day I can be in my Italian suit with tie and cuffs and looking sharp and GQ the next day I can be in cutoff shorts T shirt and a beanie (but still looking pretty cool or cooler than most) Am complemented a lot about how I dress. Think it is because my Dad was always a spiffy dresser. I do however need to take the time to hang up my clothes because I have been caught several times with wrinkles in my dress slacks.

Boxes of stuff, dishes in the sink, files mixed and a long time to reorganize with a lot of distractions along the way; clearly not one of my strong points AT ALL.

I am convinced I am an introvert but nevertheless it feels like my Fe is stronger than my Si.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP

I don't use Si; it uses me.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Si also makes me quite nostalgic; for example, I remember that while everybody else was celebrating elementary/middle/high school being over after graduation, I just felt sad that one chapter of my life was irrevocably closed.