User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    Well, bad as in, he skips school, misses school, talks back to teachers, drinks, etc. I mean, I'm guilty of the above too.. But not as much as he. He has a very 'I don't give a shit' attitude. Not good.
    He will probably grow out of that slightly but with ENTPs, in my experience with them, they always have a sort of anti-authority, don't give a f*ck attitude (although they really do when it comes to important things). If you ever become an important thing in the ENTP's life then you don't have to worry about this, because although ENTPs might seem like they lack morals, their moral code is intact when it comes to people they care about deeply. Once again, this is in my own experience, obviously. So, to sum up, although an ENTP might treat teachers and school obligations like shit, they will not treat the people they love this way.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    As long as they're intelligent enough to bridge the gap between skipping but failing school and skipping but finishing school, I wouldn't be too worried..
    Yeah, usually ENTPs are smart just not very motivated/driven in the way that the majority of people are. Don't date/marry an ENTP if you want a sugar daddy or anything like that (not trying to imply that you do), because ENTPs don't often do well in our SJ school and work system. They are, if I remember correctly, the type who has an income, overall, second lowest. It's definitely in the bottom three but can't remember the specifics.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Yeah, usually ENTPs are smart just not very motivated/driven in the way that the majority of people are. Don't date/marry an ENTP if you want a sugar daddy or anything like that (not trying to imply that you do), because ENTPs don't often do well in our SJ school and work system. They are, if I remember correctly, the type who has an income, overall, second lowest. It's definitely in the bottom three but can't remember the specifics.
    Um, don't know about that:

ENTP

• In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Taking classes, going to school," "Writing," "Playing sports," "Playing with computers or video games"
    • Underrepresented in "Watching TV 3 or more hours per day."
    • Academic subjects preferred: art, science.
    • 1 of 2 types most frequent among college alcohol policy violators.
    • In national sample, highest of all types in liking work environment characteristics "Independence & achievement" and "Opportunities for advancement & high pay, but not job security" and including "Variety of tasks" and "Clear structure" among top 3 characteristics
    • 1 of top 3 types liking "International opportunities" as a characteristic.
    • Most important feature on an ideal job: creativity and originality.
    • In national sample, dissatisfied with "Promotions," "Opportunities to use talents," and "Salary" in their work.
    • In national sample, among those types most dissatisfied with their work and among those with the highest income.
    • With ENFPs, had highest mean level of coping resources.
    • Overrepresented among those having Type A behavior.
    • In national sample, highest in coping with stress by "Confronting the problem."
    • In national sample, ranked lowest in "Ever had heart disease/hypertension."

ENTP Personality Type

MBTI
    HUMM

I've seen those stats before.
    On a side note, ischemic heart disease and hypertension are linked to Type A behavior, but ENTPs are simultaneously overrepresented among Type As, and lowest in prevalence of prior heart disease/hypertension. This computes not. Probably still possible though.
    ain't over till it's over.

MBTI
    INTJ

Hmm, I don't know where I found my list of income levels. I just searched online a little bit and couldn't find it so maybe it was not a reliable source? I'll keep looking and if I find where I got that from, I will post it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

1 of 2 types most frequent among college alcohol policy violators.
    yup, with intps.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Don't be stupid girl! Why in the would would you wanna buy a bucking bronco when you can get a horse to ride that doesn't need to be broken. Dating a 20 year old ENTP will be just like riding a bucking bronco and even if you can stay on for a long time it won't be a comfortable ride after the first fun few months are over.

Go for an INTJ, you can't know this yet because they don't seem fun to you at first but they're a better balance for you and you can bring them out of their shell, you would be shocked at how fun they are once you know them well.

I would stay clear of a young ENTP until he's done doing damage (unknowingly) to himself and the people around him and that's gonna be awhile still.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    He will probably grow out of that slightly but with ENTPs, in my experience with them, they always have a sort of anti-authority, don't give a f*ck attitude (although they really do when it comes to important things). If you ever become an important thing in the ENTP's life then you don't have to worry about this, because although ENTPs might seem like they lack morals, their moral code is intact when it comes to people they care about deeply. Once again, this is in my own experience, obviously. So, to sum up, although an ENTP might treat teachers and school obligations like shit, they will not treat the people they love this way.
    Aww. Well that is good to know. He does treat me with respect, but does not always watch himself. He'll make little remarks (Ex: 'why do you always ditch me?') that go right to the heart, but I try not to let it bother me. He REALLY dislikes when I authoritize, though. Every time I tell him what to do (which is usually GOOD, responsible advice) he shoots back with 'I do what I want'. I feel like just laying down the law sometimes, but I don't want to offend him and push him away. It's hard.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Aww. Well that is good to know. He does treat me with respect, but does not always watch himself. He'll make little remarks (Ex: 'why do you always ditch me?') that go right to the heart, but I try not to let it bother me. He REALLY dislikes when I authoritize, though. Every time I tell him what to do (which is usually GOOD, responsible advice) he shoots back with 'I do what I want'. I feel like just laying down the law sometimes, but I don't want to offend him and push him away. It's hard.
    Horrible, horrible, horrible idea. Why do you think you're entitled to have him do what you want without convincing him of the good sense of it? Not only that, why do you think you have the right to impose something upon him, instead of asking it of him? In other words, who the hell do you think you are?

This is pretty much our strongest manifestation of Fe. It doesn't play well with Te, as you've noticed. You'll just have to deal with it, because he's not changing on that one.

The bolded, this is the nail in the coffin if you want to end the interaction with an ENTP.

If he's nice, he will tell you to kindly fuck off. If he's not so nice, he will figure out a way to do exactly what you don't want such that it negatively hinders you....just to stick it to you. (he's young, thus, these possibilities are likely)

Do not try to control the ENTP. And, never, ever, ever, tell them what to do, unless it has a logical basis; in which case, you explain what can be done, and why (choice is important to them).

They do not take sleights to personal autonomy very well, those ENTPs.