User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Take a look in the mirror and don't lie to yourself about what is it you seek. I also suggest taking the mirror to him and doing this together, if aplicable. From there just continue being genuine, life is short and mistakes make you learn. This isn't a drill.

MBTI
    ENFP

I think he really likes me. Well, he told me so, haha. The only thing I REALLY dislike is how much he gets in trouble. Is this common for young ENTPs? He does pretty bad things.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    There was also an instance where him and I were supposed to hang out, but his truck wouldn't start, and he apologized repeatedly.. And also told me he would make it up to me. Buuut, I'm still really unsure. ENTPs are SO HARD for me to read! I'm usually very very very good at reading people.. but ugh.
    Ugh is right. Stop trying to "read" people based on what you think they mean, and just ask him what he means. Be direct.

And a long rambling apology may not mean anything other than he's giving you what he thinks *you* want. See the danger in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    "If he says he thinks he is 'falling for me', how should I take that? Should I take that with a grain of salt, or recognize that as great potential?"

He said to you he thinks he is falling for you?!? Just like I said to my ESTJ!
    You've got further than I thought. The correct response to this is:
    "Let's try it out!" (Just like he said to me)
    There is potential. Surely.
    Seems like we have an M.O. - that's exactly what I said to my INTP. That I think I might be falling for him. And I sure as hell meant it. And "let's try it" out was essentially what my INTP said back to me (once I cut through all his extraneous words ).

Don't make jokes in a situation like that. Seriously, don't.

As a matter of fact, listen to everything Proximo says, especially the bolded:

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    Not too sure about the "mirror his seriousness level" style advice... I know for myself, about the only way I can face expressing serious emotions is through the medium of humour...

Edit - In fact, if he's expressing emotions at all through humour, then I'd say if it's done sarcastically, he doesn't mean them. If it's not, then he probably does.

Not too sure about this, either... if he's innocent and genuine, he'll find it irritating. Plus, I've noticed that when ENFP's try to do the "true words said in jest" thing, it often comes off as confrontational, however "jokey" they try to seem... I think possibly because the difference is kinda between "I could be bothered about this, but I'm truly not, so I'm joking about it to let you know I could be, and might be if you do it again or worse in future", and "I am bothered about this, but I'm pretending not to be by joking about it". The first I usually pick up on as fair warning, and I'm cool with it. The second puts my back right up, and gets me in a panic cos I feel sure that this is about to become some tedious head game...

The difference in intention tends to usually be pretty obvious, and if you can't pull it off so it comes over as the first of those, or if you do mean the second but are going for the first, then it's likely to have your ENTP jotting you down as a possibly neurotic head-gamer, and he'll bolt.
    Very well said.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I think he really likes me. Well, he told me so, haha. The only thing I REALLY dislike is how much he gets in trouble. Is this common for young ENTPs? He does pretty bad things.
    Depends on what you think is "bad", but generally, the answer is yes.

MBTI
    ENFP

Well, bad as in, he skips school, misses school, talks back to teachers, drinks, etc. I mean, I'm guilty of the above too.. But not as much as he. He has a very 'I don't give a shit' attitude. Not good.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I think that is pretty much normal. I'm sure that he gives a shit about things that matter to him, though.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I think that is pretty much normal. I'm sure that he gives a shit about things that matter to him, though.
    Word. Thing with young ones is, they don't really know what matters to them. Or what should matter to them.

As long as they're intelligent enough to bridge the gap between skipping but failing school and skipping but finishing school, I wouldn't be too worried..
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Well, bad as in, he skips school, misses school, talks back to teachers, drinks, etc. I mean, I'm guilty of the above too.. But not as much as he. He has a very 'I don't give a shit' attitude. Not good.
    Guilty. But I skip(ped) school for the same reason I did so well in class: shit's easy.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

I tend to like it when the ladies initiate things with me, both mentally and physically. I do not know if that has as much to do with my type as it does with my general laziness towards finding relationships.

That is not to say I have an aversion towards starting things. I just generally don't feel like it.

Though, I think making us react to spontaneous action is something that most of us enjoy on some level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

People eventually grow up and find out what they do give a shit about. Teachers usually don't know what the hell they're talking about anyway.

What environment are we talking about here (city, country, suburb)?