• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs - what do you do to relax?

Cindy

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't think I spend enough time just chilling so I'm looking for some good ways to recharge.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can't help you. I'm bad at relaxing as most of the time I am stressed.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I like to lift weights. I've done that for years, it can be very soothing at times. Occationally I juggle as well, or paint minatures. All of those are Se related, I suppose. Sometimes I play computer games or read. Mostly I read history books these days. Quite often I just day dream, which definitely Ni related!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I agree with Andy, exercise is usually relaxing. It can't be too strenuous, though. There's a point at which exercise is relaxing and a point at which it's just painful.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
My INTJ builds things. I think it gives him a chance to escape his Ni for a while, and it serves a practical purpose, too. He's really good at it, actually.

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
Reading - historical books
RTS games
Exercise - busy learning to swim in order to scuba dive

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't relax, I simply can't. If I'm stressed, I force myself to "keep calm", and it usually works.

ETA: ^ Exercise and games are fun, too

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Actually, IME, they're more likely to snuggle them on the couch. Don't tell them I said so. :ninja:

Cuddling with people/animals is a most logical and useful activity, since it stimulates the release of endorphins :D definitely one of my favorite ways to unwind...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Find an INFP in a cuddle mood. But not me, I'm in "no touchy feely or I do scratchy bleedy" mood right now.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't really relax. Partying gets close, though. I would also recommend marijuana if you're not opposed to breaking laws.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
Walking or bicycling in the summer. Designing and building gadgets. Correcting the misguided. :)

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I can only wonder if posting on TypoC is a stress release or stressor.

Cindy

MBTI Type
INTJ
I am surprised so many of you said excersize. It was one of the first things that popped into my mind as well though I wasn't sure wether I could really categorise it as relaxation. You have convinced me that excersize is an INTJ's way of relaxing.

Reading can be good. Has to be a magazine with me as I often read books others wouldnt even consider material of leisure. Or does an INTJ find relaxation in reading mind bending books? And I tend to get over involved in a good story which then becomes more of an obsession or escapism than relaxation. Who knows what mood I'll be in at the end. Maybe forgetting what world I live in is OK sometimes though.

Hey MonkeyGrass as a child I used to be relaxed by building things too. Then came perfectionism and a need for purpose in every activity. I could build a model boat but then what would I do with it? I don't mind doing jigsaws with my friends though (lol - as dumb as it sounds - doesn't happen often, don't worry). Its OK to just throw it back in the box at the end cos not much effort was really expended.

Kambo - Scuba diving would be great! Snorkellings as close as I've gotten and always had something soothing about it. It's a different world down there. Everything floats and sways sooooooooooo slowly. Watching the fish at the aquarium is relaxing too.

My cat doesn't like cuddling much lol. I try to cuddle him into submission but it never works. Your right though Poppy, cuddling is good.

Actually Metamorphosis I believe over here we are legally allowed to have a couple of plants for personal use. Alcohol is my drug of choice but usually causes more stress in the long term.

Matthew2 - TypoC has become a bit of an addiction for me. I thought maybe this is one of my ways of relaxing. Depends what topic draws me in. The night I spend hours in the Fluff Zone listening to music was a good one.

Thinking about giving building a model boat a go...

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Relaxation through mental exclusion? Interesting.

Pausing your thought processes by focusing on something else, sounds like it'd be nice. A shame I don't have the attention span to keep that up myself.