User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    5w6?

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
    Kambo - Scuba diving would be great! Snorkellings as close as I've gotten and always had something soothing about it. It's a different world down there. Everything floats and sways sooooooooooo slowly. Watching the fish at the aquarium is relaxing too.
    Cool, have an aquarium although only one fish left as small kids keep killing fish by overfeeding or throwing in their porridge

So now playing FB Fish World.

As for Scuba - yes I want to be underwater like Jacques Cousteau. Am sure its as nice you describe it

the INTJs I am personally familiar with seem to de-stress by settling into an established routine that they're familiar with- for one it's going to the library, choosing a book, having a smoke, sitting in his "spot" with everything in it's right place. For the other, it's a lot about keeping physically fit, going for his usual run. In both cases, de-stressing tends to be a very solitary, comforting process of self-assurance- reminding themselves what they're good at and comfortable with. Both of them have a very clinical, thorough and ordered approach to self-reflection, and I imagine it helps with the de-stressing process.

INTJs, does this resonate with you?

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Thinking about giving building a model boat a go...
    Model building is great for zoning out...I used to spend hours making buildings out of toothpicks. If I had a space to do that now, I am sure that I'd be hitting the toothpicks and wood glue pretty regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    the INTJs I am personally familiar with seem to de-stress by settling into an established routine that they're familiar with- for one it's going to the library, choosing a book, having a smoke, sitting in his "spot" with everything in it's right place. For the other, it's a lot about keeping physically fit, going for his usual run. In both cases, de-stressing tends to be a very solitary, comforting process of self-assurance- reminding themselves what they're good at and comfortable with. Both of them have a very clinical, thorough and ordered approach to self-reflection, and I imagine it helps with the de-stressing process.

Yes, if I'm really stressed out I always grab a coffee and go for a walk. Puts me at ease usually. I wish I had a more structured regimen for relaxing, at the moment I haven't really got my own space and my schedule is a little too hectic for that (probably a stress factor in itself!).
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    nnnn

cooking

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Drink and become an ESFP.

Hey, I never said I was a good role-model

In all seriousness though literature, meditation, music, exercise (relaxes my mind oddly enough), and hikes (should the weather permit).
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp

I lay in bed and try to clear my head. (this rarely works, but sometimes I fall asleep)
    I also watch out my window or listen to some quiet music.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
    who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
    memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
    easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
    -Severus Snape

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    We snuggle animals. We crush people.

Yes, this sounds familiar.

Almost all of the things I do to de-stress are sensory related. Whatever can pull me out of my head for any length of time is a welcome adventure at moments when I feel like I'm going to crack. I've been known to do any of the following:

1. Kung Fu
    2. Play Guitar
    3. Dance
    4. Drink
    5. Have sex
    6. Sing
    7. Play with my dog

Often I do these in combinations. For instance, my birthday was last week and it was also a reminder of a death in our family the year before. I was stressed all week, didn't want to go out with friends or even be reminded that it was my birthday. However... when I got home, my daughter and I ended up putting on music, dancing, singing and playing with the dog.

Times when I am alone, I've been known to drink and play my guitar or have sex while doing kung fu. (Ok the very last one is a lie, just seeing if anyone is paying attention)
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't think I spend enough time just chilling so I'm looking for some good ways to recharge.
    Go someplace beautiful and sit...
    think, write, read, draw, watch.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    Times when I am alone, I've been known to drink and play my guitar or have sex while doing kung fu. (Ok the very last one is a lie, just seeing if anyone is paying attention)
    Right, I'm sure you'd be all for it if you had someone willing to mix them with you the right way.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Yes, very much so.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.