• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's, arguments and attitude to other NT's in debate

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
Would you protect some other NT at any cost in an argument the person is in? Even how good friends you are with said person? One scenario being they are not completely right in their reasoning.

Do you feel the need to protect other NTs, that might be friends/might not be, that are being criticized or being unfairly put on the spot? This does not include the need to tell the person putting them on the spot how illogical their criticism is. But it does include criticism that are decently fair, but a bit harsh in its wording.

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
Would you protect some other NT at any cost in an argument the person is in?

No, I wouldn't protect any type from decently fair criticism. I'll even let criticism that's "a bit harsh in its wording" slide if it's decently fair.

How would you defend someone from fair criticism?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
No, if someone is off-base (myself included), that person should be called out on it, if we're having a relevant discourse. I mean, there are many ways to disagree with someone that don't include being a jerk - and type should make no difference.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'd let anyone get blasted as much as they deserved. I'm more likely to intervene if it goes across the line.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Nope, NTs get the full force of my own NTishness. I know they can handle it, and would be insulted if I held back.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
No, I primarily go on issues and the principles I believe in, not the mbti type of the people involved. I'm sure a lot of the people I've clashed with in my life have been NT's.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
So you wouldnt go in "sidekick mode" to an NT? What if they where wronged, would you then tell off the person that wrong them? Would you help them, even if they where what you consider your friends?

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
It depends on the concrete situation. If my friend is wronged then I'll help him I guess, whether or not he's an NT. Otherwise I might try and mediate the situation if I think there's been a misunderstanding. It depends...are you thinking of a specific case here?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
So you wouldnt go in "sidekick mode" to an NT? What if they where wronged, would you then tell off the person that wrong them? Would you help them, even if they where what you consider your friends?

Depends. If they're right, you point that out. If not, let them deal with it.

Dooraven

MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w6
I'm not really sure why I would want to defend anybody based on their MBTI type alone. If they're wrong they need to be criticised, if they're write however, I will voice my support.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
It depends on the concrete situation. If my friend is wronged then I'll help him I guess, whether or not he's an NT. Otherwise I might try and mediate the situation if I think there's been a misunderstanding. It depends...are you thinking of a specific case here?

No particular case, but I just see that as an difference between NTs and NFs that will probably want to protect their peers more than NTs would. I just find it interesting that this seem to happen often on a forum.

And you could take out type, I agree. But its just so much fun to stereotype people.

Ethereal

MBTI Type
INTP
I do not side with rationales. I side with rationality.

If I see a rational trying to engage in a rational argument with someone who is being irrational, then I will take part in my own objective way.

If I see a rational trying to engage in a irrational argument with someone who is being rational, then I will take part in my own objective way.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Would you protect some other NT at any cost in an argument the person is in? Even how good friends you are with said person? One scenario being they are not completely right in their reasoning.

Do you feel the need to protect other NTs, that might be friends/might not be, that are being criticized or being unfairly put on the spot? This does not include the need to tell the person putting them on the spot how illogical their criticism is. But it does include criticism that are decently fair, but a bit harsh in its wording.

Why on earth would I protect someone just because of their type?

I don't even really think about "siding with people," even if I don't happen to personally like someone involved in the conversation. If they make a good/fair point, I'll note it openly.

I tend to not like abusive people, though, even if I happen to agree with their points. I'll note what parts of their argument make sense, but if they keep it up, I might start poking at them for their poor attitude if that attitude seems unnecessary.

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
I'm not really sure why I would want to defend anybody based on their MBTI type alone. If they're wrong they need to be criticised, if they're write however, I will voice my support.

Agreed