User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NT's, arguments and attitude to other NT's in debate

He who laughs Array

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    It depends on the concrete situation. If my friend is wronged then I'll help him I guess, whether or not he's an NT. Otherwise I might try and mediate the situation if I think there's been a misunderstanding. It depends...are you thinking of a specific case here?
    No particular case, but I just see that as an difference between NTs and NFs that will probably want to protect their peers more than NTs would. I just find it interesting that this seem to happen often on a forum.

And you could take out type, I agree. But its just so much fun to stereotype people.

I do not side with rationales. I side with rationality.

If I see a rational trying to engage in a rational argument with someone who is being irrational, then I will take part in my own objective way.

If I see a rational trying to engage in a irrational argument with someone who is being rational, then I will take part in my own objective way.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    Would you protect some other NT at any cost in an argument the person is in? Even how good friends you are with said person? One scenario being they are not completely right in their reasoning.

Do you feel the need to protect other NTs, that might be friends/might not be, that are being criticized or being unfairly put on the spot? This does not include the need to tell the person putting them on the spot how illogical their criticism is. But it does include criticism that are decently fair, but a bit harsh in its wording.
    Why on earth would I protect someone just because of their type?

I don't even really think about "siding with people," even if I don't happen to personally like someone involved in the conversation. If they make a good/fair point, I'll note it openly.

I tend to not like abusive people, though, even if I happen to agree with their points. I'll note what parts of their argument make sense, but if they keep it up, I might start poking at them for their poor attitude if that attitude seems unnecessary.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Dooraven View Post
    I'm not really sure why I would want to defend anybody based on their MBTI type alone. If they're wrong they need to be criticised, if they're write however, I will voice my support.

Senior Member Array avolkiteshvara's Avatar

I would donate all my clipped finger nails to another needy NT.