User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: ENTP Men

MBTI
    Entj

Default ENTP Men

Would you freak if a woman told you she loved you? How would you respond based on how you felt about her or what you were ready for?

I told a long distance entp that used to be around and seemed to pursue me for 7 months that I used to love him and gave him a list of whys. I don't know why I told him what was in the past but he didn't respond at all to it. It was done through email.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Depends how long I knew her...

And it depends how she said it, did she mean it unconditionally without any regard for any outcome or did she expect something in return; was she putting forth an obligation and trade off?

I'm keen to that stuff.

If I knew her a while, and liked her too, I'd be happy though. Why be freaked out over liking someone who loves you back? The only reason I can think of is because one partner does not feel the same way.

MBTI
    Entj

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Depends how long I knew her...

And it depends how she said it, did she mean it unconditionally without any regard for any outcome or did she expect something in return; was she putting forth an obligation and trade off?

I'm keen to that stuff.

If I knew her a while, and liked her too, I'd be happy though. Why be freaked out over liking someone who loves you back? The only reason I can think of is because one partner does not feel the same way.
    I told him I didn't want a response to it, and he hasn't. I guess I got what I asked for and I told him when my boyfriend and I were having problems. I told him all that with the fact that we had gotten back together. I guess I just thought he would say some kind of acknowledgement.

MBTI
    ENTP

I usually don't believe it when someone tells me they love me (romantically*), I figure they love an impression or projection of me.

It's usually infatuation.

If a girl said she loved me and believed it (again, romantically*), I wouldn't be freaked out if I a) felt the same way b) see the potential to feel that way. Otherwise, I'd either be disappointed or annoyed.

* When I say "romantic love" I mean it in a multi-layered and multi-faceted way that includes the eros, philia, agape, etc...
    I have have to experience that.
    You can call me Charles.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Girls only tell me that they hate me and want to kill me with a shovel
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

^ I hate you and want to kill you with a rake.

Just thought I'd change it up.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

rly? i love you, but for the sake of the rest of us, you need to run into traffic

It really depends what situation i'm being told I'm loved. also, through e-mail is... not a good way to say that, really- not to me at least. I would at least call if you couldn't see each other face to face.

YouTube - Daft Punk - Face To Face

(takes the place of entropie for a split second)
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

Woman: "I love you."
    Me: "I know right? How can you not? I love me too!"

I'm going to answer this assuming that I don't care for you romantically, because if I did then you wouldn't have had to post this thread to begin with. Now- If you told me that you loved me, I would tell you that I'm flattered, thank you very much. I'd leave it to you to figure out that the affection is not reciprocated, so that it isn't awkward for you. If you push for a response, I would be civil about it and perhaps respect your courage, but (I don't know how to put this nicely) my appraisal of your value as a person would drop- because you don't "get" it, and I don't enjoy being "tied down" by people like that.

If you were stunningly attractive, I would enjoy the attention and play along. But (and there's an important lesson to be learnt here!) the attractive women (and this applies even to those who are not physically attractive) have always found more effective ways to wrap men around their fingers. That IS what you want, isn't it? Remember, attraction is not a choice.

Declarations of love are romantic in principle, but have a ridiculously high failure rate. It almost always makes people uncomfortable because they seldom see it coming. Sometimes, even if the other party might be interested, the awkwardness of the scenario compels them to become impervious to your advances as a safety mechanism. That's because anybody who declares love in reality comes across as a potentially clingy, creepy, stalker sort of person who should be avoided. (The only time this does not apply is when the couple has already been courting for some time.) How can you expect someone to reciprocate your love when you just made them really uncomfortable?

It's much better to use progressive signals (it's called flirting!), because you can sense when you're not getting anywhere and then either alter your strategy or move along unscathed.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    Would you freak if a woman told you she loved you? How would you respond based on how you felt about her or what you were ready for?

I told a long distance entp that used to be around and seemed to pursue me for 7 months that I used to love him and gave him a list of whys. I don't know why I told him what was in the past but he didn't respond at all to it. It was done through email.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    I told him I didn't want a response to it, and he hasn't. I guess I got what I asked for and I told him when my boyfriend and I were having problems. I told him all that with the fact that we had gotten back together. I guess I just thought he would say some kind of acknowledgement.
    One question: why? Why did you email him about loving him in the past? Why now? What was your motive?

Point blank, he saw no function to your declaration and if there was a function, he was probably a bit skeptic of it. I.e., she's doing this when her and her bf, are rocky....nice. The implied "insincerity".

He might have sensed that you were trying to keep him on your rolodex for the 'just in case' future. You were needing that affirmation...and he's not gonna provide that.

Any inkling of getting played, especially with feelings, and you'd meet with a wall with regards to the ENTP, if they're acting at their best. If they were at their worst, they'd wring you for your worth. You got off lucky.

MBTI
    XNTP

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    Woman: "I love you."
    Me: "I know right? How can you not? I love me too!"
    Wow, I'd respond in almost the complete opposite manner. I dislike ambiguity in almost all circumstances, and if a person has put themselves out on the line like that, and I felt something for them, I feel like I owe them my honest appraisal.

That being said if I didn't really feel that way about them, I may begin to avoid them at all costs after I told them how I felt. I'm just weird...