User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Present your ideas to be constructively criticized

Another attempt to make something at least mildly useful of this forum.

Post your ideas which could use a bit of new perspective and we'll do some group work on 'em.

please don't be shy.

if no one posts within 48 hours I'll throw some of mine in.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I got some/too much Coleman's white gas or camping fuel. I want to get rid of some of it but don't want to be environmentally unsound/nor break the law by dumping down the sink. There is a chemical disposal sight but its a bit of a drive. Could I just pour the stuff in my gas tank?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTJ

well if you were pulled over while burning that you'd be fined.
    Ready to risk that?
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Maybe...it would be nearly impossible for them to prove and I wwould feel more ok about it than pouring it down the sink.

Thanks for the input.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I got some/too much Coleman's white gas or camping fuel. I want to get rid of some of it but don't want to be environmentally unsound/nor break the law by dumping down the sink. There is a chemical disposal sight but its a bit of a drive. Could I just pour the stuff in my gas tank?
    Why don't you sell it or else give it to someone who could use it?

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    How can you have too much fuel?... Seriously? It only has one purpose, keep it and use it for what it is intended for, and don't forget the steak...
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    How can you have too much fuel?... Seriously? It only has one purpose, keep it and use it for what it is intended for, and don't forget the steak...
    Yeah you could put it in another container and store it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ

Do you have any junk mail you need to get rid of? You could pile it up in your driveway and dump the Coleman's fuel on it and light it and that way you'd solve two problems at once without hurting your car (unless you have a small driveway).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I was gonna post how life was meaningless or something but I thought of an idea I had a few years ago and posted on a few forums and got flamed for (not constructively I felt).

Smoking license!

If you smoke, you can pass test and get a smoking license. A person with a smoking license would be able to buy tobacco at x% discount.

This test involves naming at least 5 diseases smoking increases, naming 10 seriously harmful chemicals in a typical cigarette, what and how does nicotine affect the brain etc

But the main point of the test is to scare/motivate people into quitting smoking. It would sneakily have questions like 'If the average smoker loses 10 years of his life, and Jimmy, who is a smoker, would die when his/her grandchild is 15. Would Jimmy, if he was a non-smoker, see his university-bound grandchild graduate from a university, if he/she were to graduate at 22? And, if the average smoker spends roughly £x a week on smoking, how much does he spend in 10 years?

It would be a fairly hard test to pass with a reasonable amount of studying needed, the point being during the studying, it truly educates; chemically, medically, philosophically, economically, mathematically, other sciencewordally everything about tobacco smoking so that most people put real steps into stopping smoking before they take the test. The minority that do carry on, do so accepting the real and serious risks.

p.s. I'm a heavy smoker

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Also why do we have an economic system in which the means of production and distribution are privately or corporately owned and development is proportionate to the accumulation and reinvestment of profits gained in a free market. When we can have economic system characterized by the collective ownership of property and by the organization of labor for the common advantage of all members available to use?

srsly