User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 50

  1. #21
    Senior Member milkyway2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Ever waited and waited in a queue at the grocery store (especially when you have to be somewhere else) and then someone a few person in front of has some weird coupon or food stamp and the cashier walks away ostensibly to go find some person in authority and you wait and wait and look at the darting eyes of the other person in line. Both wondering, did the cashier forget she was working the til? Your eyes lock but then you both break eye contact and shift your eyes to the tabloids or gum rack or anything...nervously reading about what a wreck Britney Spears is making of her talents...Yeah!

    Well its nothing like that.
    ummmmm..... what

  2. #22
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Just me being goofy (i.e. inferior Fe)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  3. #23
    Senior Member BlueGray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Just me being goofy (i.e. inferior Fe)
    Isn't INTP goofiness more Ne?
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

  4. #24
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueGray View Post
    Isn't INTP goofiness more Ne?
    Oh it is. Cool, I feel less inferior now.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  5. #25
    Senior Member milkyway2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?
    Posts
    201

    Default

    I didn't even get it lol

  6. #26
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milkyway2 View Post
    I didn't even get it lol
    Big buildup with final sentence negating the whole. I prolly could have done it better. Or maybe its just you.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  7. #27
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    I identify fully with the grocery store scenario. Maybe I'm a particularly stressed INTP though...:s
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  8. #28
    Senior Member forzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0
    Posts
    547

    Default

    I been in situations like what the OP described.

    I've realized from personal experience that I tried to push all feelings aside so other people can't see my fear, anxiety, embarrassment, etc. I didn't realized at the same time I was also pushing all other feelings, such as affection and I start worrying how I would appear to people. Of course I denied it to myself, but why else would I hide those feelings. I made excuses that when people knows how you feel that they could manipulate you. This denial caused other things to manifested, like it made me harder to know from a personal level and it made me into a person that was oozing negative attitude.

    People often gave me advices to not care about what other people thinks. Of course i've adopted that method as well, but the social anxiety did not go away. I still felt awkward talking and interacting with new people. Now, this is the time when i found the personality type indicator. For a while, I accepted that I just worked like that, that socializing is not my thing because i'm a introvert.

    Now you might be asking, what is your point? Well, I came into a realization that whenever I'm nervous, it is usually caused by something that is unknown. When you're in a dark room your body is in the alert mode while walking because your eyes cannot see anything. But what does this have to do with anything? Well i told my self that talking to stranger puts me in a position where theres an unknown factor and the reason for my anxiety. But wait, I didn't realized another factor which I neglected and failed to recognized after all these time.

    The feelings that i've neglected had become a noise in the background, always there but I never payed it any attention. I neglected it and I didn't realized that it was eating me up. So i've come into another realization, I would embrace those feelings instead of fighting me and notice how it affected me. Robot much right? And i was surprised by the results, suddently I felt like a heavy burden was lifted off my chest. I realized that those feelings never went away it was always there and because I didn't know how to handle it, my body's reaction was to feel anxious. So once I've done this I had become more confident and the conflicts that gave me nightmare suddently wasn't such a big deal anymore. Why? Because those feelings were not unknown to me anymore and I could concentrate on what's in front of me. This also explains to me why my INFP sister was such a natural speaker in public and why she can socialize so naturally even though she is also a introvert.

    Well if you manage to read this far, congrats...life story are boring aren't they?
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

  9. #29
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    I been in situations like what the OP described.

    I've realized from personal experience that I tried to push all feelings aside so other people can't see my fear, anxiety, embarrassment, etc. I didn't realized at the same time I was also pushing all other feelings, such as affection and I start worrying how I would appear to people. Of course I denied it to myself, but why else would I hide those feelings. I made excuses that when people knows how you feel that they could manipulate you. This denial caused other things to manifested, like it made me harder to know from a personal level and it made me into a person that was oozing negative attitude.

    People often gave me advices to not care about what other people thinks. Of course i've adopted that method as well, but the social anxiety did not go away. I still felt awkward talking and interacting with new people. Now, this is the time when i found the personality type indicator. For a while, I accepted that I just worked like that, that socializing is not my thing because i'm a introvert.

    Now you might be asking, what is your point? Well, I came into a realization that whenever I'm nervous, it is usually caused by something that is unknown. When you're in a dark room your body is in the alert mode while walking because your eyes cannot see anything. But what does this have to do with anything? Well i told my self that talking to stranger puts me in a position where theres an unknown factor and the reason for my anxiety. But wait, I didn't realized another factor which I neglected and failed to recognized after all these time.

    The feelings that i've neglected had become a noise in the background, always there but I never payed it any attention. I neglected it and I didn't realized that it was eating me up. So i've come into another realization, I would embrace those feelings instead of fighting me and notice how it affected me. Robot much right? And i was surprised by the results, suddently I felt like a heavy burden was lifted off my chest. I realized that those feelings never went away it was always there and because I didn't know how to handle it, my body's reaction was to feel anxious. So once I've done this I had become more confident and the conflicts that gave me nightmare suddently wasn't such a big deal anymore. Why? Because those feelings were not unknown to me anymore and I could concentrate on what's in front of me. This also explains to me why my INFP sister was such a natural speaker in public and why she can socialize so naturally even though she is also a introvert.

    Well if you manage to read this far, congrats...life story are boring aren't they?
    Explain the process of "embracing" your feelings. I'm genuinely interested to hear.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  10. #30
    Senior Member forzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Explain the process of "embracing" your feelings. I'm genuinely interested to hear.
    It's more in the line of accepting that when you feel a emotion its ok to act upon it regardless of people's opinion. It's in the same spectrum of "don't care what others think" but you need to make an observation of how your reacting to your emotion. Familiarizing myself to my emotions, from personal experience, had made me less anxious when in public.

    NTs ability to explain the natural order of things with logic is often one of our defining strenght. But we hardly try to understand our emotions which we sometime keep in check. So when said emotion manifest, our mind cannot grash the concept because we have not reflect upon it enough to understand. This will cause confusion and anxiety, because not only are you dealing with an external conflict, but an internal conflict as well which i think is the reason for our anxiety.

    In other words, you don't have to be a feeler...but except that this is a natural process that you have and make an attempt to understand instead of keeping it in check. As a result of understanding, you will be able to control it instead of being overtaken.

    Being confident is being comportable in your own body, if you don't understand your emotions your hardly accomplishing that.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

Similar Threads

  1. Anxiety and the Unconscious
    By Mole in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 05:08 AM
  2. [INTP] INTP and the challenge of flirting
    By saltmineworker in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 12:16 PM
  3. [INTP] Jules and Kamala - The INTP version of 'love' (hehehe)
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 12:41 PM
  4. [INTP] INTP, intelligence, laziness, and the J rebellion
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 12:36 PM
  5. [INTP] The INTP and Feelings
    By reason in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 11:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO