User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Help with INTJs

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Evidently at the age of 13 Niffer has already mastered the female arts of emotional blackmail and tear-anny. An ENFP with a high IQ is like a bear with laser eyes.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Anyway cracking an INTJ isn't that hard when you understand their motivations. INTJ's tend to be frustrated that other people don't realize how truly brilliant they are, so you can win points by feeding this delusion. (Do it subtly though, if you overdo it, then you will turn them off.) This will be enough to stroke their ego, but it won't be enough for them to actually respect you in any way. For that you have to get involved into their interests and help feed it in some way. Often times knowing the subject thoroughly enough so that they can bounce ideas off of you is all that this takes, because if nothing else it helps them to verbalize the ideas that they've already had but couldn't adequately express. Once you are past the preliminaries then the INTJ will be willing to open up more, so you can learn more tricks toward the specific INTJ in question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Well put, sadly.
    Seconded. Think Frasier.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

You think Frasier is an INTJ?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    You think Frasier is an INTJ?
    Like most fictional characters I think he defies typing. I think his dominant function is Ni but for obvious reasons he is made to be more extroverted. His auxiliary function is not consistent, but I think it is more often Te than Fe.

Martin Crane: If you weren't so damn stubborn, you'd apologize to Roz, get her back on the show, and everybody'd be happy.
    Frasier: As usual, you've overlooked a key psychological component in this whole issue.
    Martin Crane: You'd have to admit you were wrong.
    Frasier: Exactly!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Other than offering the obligatory "any type is capable of being adverse to apologizing", I will respond with an unequivocal, resounding: Hmm. Okay, fair enough.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Wow you guys really do manipulation well. I love it !

I think I've got his attention now. I've basically tried to lay things out so that they appear to be neat and getting sorted, sort of laying the ground work for him to spring board from.

I'm not sure but I think it's just me he doesn't trust. Either that or he's being competitive. Everyone in the group has designed their character with him sitting beside them offering ideas and suggesting ways in which they could make their character more powerful, more efficient etc etc but when it comes to mine he seems more likely to undermine the choices and rationales laid out and ends up basically totally apathetic towards the character unless confronted at which point he says it's fine as it is. Perhaps I'm making him think too hard or perhaps it's because my knowledge of the system rivals his? Who knows.

It'd sure be nice though to find a nut cracker so that I can see where I'm going wrong. Bloomin IJs are a frickin nightmare sometimes.

Oh and Niffer, I think you get the award for most cunning answer yet though it's a tight battle between you and The_Liquid_Laser.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Frasier as an INTJ? I can't see it myself. He lacks the ENFP side as far as I can see. I suppose considering the background it's possible but he'd have to be quite a stupid INTJ.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Other than offering the obligatory "any type is capable of being adverse to apologizing", I will respond with an unequivocal, resounding: Hmm. Okay, fair enough.
    I actually do agree with this. (Whaddyaknow! ) Frasier's M.O. of aggressively rationalizing when he's wrong ("As usual, you've overlooked a key psychological component in this whole issue.") is just so INTJ though.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Like most fictional characters I think he defies typing. I think his dominant function is Ni but for obvious reasons he is made to be more extroverted. His auxiliary function is not consistent, but I think it is more often Te than Fe.
    And to not be a party pooper, I will offer my own resounding, "Hmmm, sounds reasonable," response.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Interesting.

I ran a group of eight and nine players for three years, every weekend, summers and holidays, and the most memorable sessions were when the more inventive of the party would veer off, forcing me to ad-lib. It really was exhilarating -- once a suspension of disbelief had been achieved, I could choose to employ, based on the expressions of my friends, which of the plot devices I had thought of the minute before.

How, I wonder, does that reflect on either me or your observation?
    Actually I was being a bit facetious in my comment. (I probably should have put a smiley in there.) Although I did have an INTJ friend plan out an entire campaign and then when my INTP friend made up his character he had to scrap the entire campaign because the character couldn't fit into the elaborate storyline that had already been planned out. That was just one incidence though, usually he was a very good GM.

In general I think INTJ's can make excellent GM's because they can make elaborate storylines which are fun to play through. Also their worlds end up as some type of organized insanity which is always fun to play in. Gladly I've never had to play through an INTJ death dungeon. I bet it would be too difficult to be fun (unless there was a huge stack of pregenerated characters to go through and you had to see who could get through it with the least amount of deaths).
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com