• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Your NT skeletons?!

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
Here's something that I seldom share with anybody-

I am very strongly affected by climaxes in music, movies, books, etc. It can move me strongly and leave me shaken for quite some time. I can get a very powerful high from listening to music, even when completely sober. Radiohead can do this to me (Let Down, Fake Plastic Trees) and quite a few other bands as well. When an orchestra and moves from a lull to an uplifting crescendo- absolutely love it. My hairs stand on end. I love it even more at live shows when you're in a good crowd. I could liken it to a religious experience. It feels like it lasts forever and it washes over every facet of your being. You know how when Paul Pott sang Nessun Dorma (search YouTube if you don't- well worth it) and the female judge exhales and tears up? I got that too.

Believable scenes of sacrifice, suffering, empowerment, crippling loss (with the appropriate music behind it) really resonate with me on a deep level, deeper and more powerfully than I'd ever dare to admit. I thought Transformers 2 was a rather blah movie- but the scene where the old Decepticon rips out his parts to revive/enhance Optimus Prime made me well up. This also applies to a lot of Disney/Pixar films- my NT side can easily identify the individual components that create the effect that I feel at these cliche moments, but it doesn't change how strong the feeling can be for me. I will root for the hero and weep for the suffering of the innocent... I have a much deeper capacity for empathy than I will ever dare admit, EVEN when it's obviously cliche. I was really, really upset when Sector 6 fell in Final Fantasy VII.

I can get extremely nauseated from watching a realistic depiction of violence- I'm not talking about the actual blood and gore but the context in which it occurs. (I love zombie flicks, for instance.) In Prison Break there was a very intense scene where Michael Scofield has his toe chopped off by the other prisoners- I get clammy, my vision blurs, my ears ring and I break out into a cold sweat because the pain seems so real inside my mind. I almost feel it happening to myself. There's a scene in P2 where a guy gets smashed to pulp by a car over and over again which doesn't bother me at all, but later on when the lead female breaks her fingernail off trying to reach her phone- and that gets me good.

Any other NTs feel this way?

Last edited:

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I can get extremely nauseated from watching a realistic depiction of violence- I'm not talking about the actual blood and gore but the context in which it occurs. (I love zombie flicks, for instance.) In Prison Break there was a very intense scene where Michael Scofield has his toe chopped off by the other prisoners- I get clammy, my vision blurs, my ears ring and I break out into a cold sweat because the pain seems so real inside my mind. I almost feel it happening to myself. There's a scene in P2 where a guy gets smashed to pulp by a car over and over again which doesn't bother me at all, but later on when the lead female breaks her fingernail off trying to reach her phone- and that gets me good.

I agree with this. While most of what makes people queasy doesn't even make me blink the small detailed things where the entire process is depicted so well that I can imagine every part of it happening to me does have an effect. Stuff like worms wriggling through skin, slow purposeful slicing of muscles and tendons etc do.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Brave post, and insightful.

I am very strongly affected by climaxes in music, movies, books, etc. It can move me strongly and leave me shaken for quite some time.

yes. actually, I strive to find music, books, and movies that evoke these feelings in me -- they are the most moving.

Believable scenes of sacrifice, suffering, empowerment, crippling loss (with the appropriate music behind it) really resonate with me on a deep level, deeper and more powerfully than I'd ever dare to admit.

yes. (Even in a bad movie, where's a sense of this -- like matrix 3, with Neo literally losing EVERYTHING that made him strong, as he journeys towards his own death without realizing it, and finally has to embrace that -- I'm overwhelmed by the sense of irrevocable, irresistible, impending loss of self.) If the art is GOOD, that's even more overwhelming.

I can get extremely nauseated from watching a realistic depiction of violence

yeah. Like in Bound, where they chop off the guy's fingers with the pruning clippers. Not a lot of gore but just gruesome. It's all context, ambiance, degree of irrevocable loss, etc., that tears me up.... not necessarily violence or gore itself.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
I bawl like a baby when I watch sappy movies. This entertains my friends. Jerkfaces.

UFC. OMG.

I love hugs. Like seriously. The world needs more hugs.

I hate clothing. I understand all the implication of wearing it for social, physical and *other* requirements, but I still resent having to wear pants and making my socks match. Unless it's a big fuzzy sweater or a snuggie, then it's totally alright.

That being said, I am remarkably vain.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
I watch most trashy reality shows...the Housewives franchise on Bravo, Flavor of Love/Rock of Love/Charm School, Bad Girls Club. Sometimes I even go to the message boards about them to read the snark and hot gossip lol.

Something I've never really told anyone and I'm not really even sure how to articulate it -- a lot of the times just driving somewhere or taking the train or anywhere just people observing, I have been overcome with some kind of emotion (I still can't quite pinpoint it) and my eyes will well up with tear (not sad ones either) but people will be beautiful to me. Watching all kinds of people and even the smallest things will trigger this, I have a really hard time explaining it. But its something like everything is alright with this world and people are beautiful.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
America's Next Top Model can get me stuck in front of a tv all day. Same thing with that NYC Prep show that was on Bravo. O.M.G.

YESSSS. I love a good ANTM marathon. Though I never watch them when they actually air at their regular time. I wait to catch a marathon and then I'm out for the day. I actually learn stuff from ANTM!

My new favorite show is Steven Seagal: Lawman. :wubbie:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Here's something that I seldom share with anybody-

I am very strongly affected by climaxes in music, movies, books, etc. It can move me strongly and leave me shaken for quite some time. I can get a very powerful high from listening to music, even when completely sober. Radiohead can do this to me (Let Down, Fake Plastic Trees) and quite a few other bands as well. When an orchestra and moves from a lull to an uplifting crescendo- absolutely love it. My hairs stand on end. I love it even more at live shows when you're in a good crowd. I could liken it to a religious experience. It feels like it lasts forever and it washes over every facet of your being. You know how when Paul Pott sang Nessun Dorma (search YouTube if you don't- well worth it) and the female judge exhales and tears up? I got that too.

Believable scenes of sacrifice, suffering, empowerment, crippling loss (with the appropriate music behind it) really resonate with me on a deep level, deeper and more powerfully than I'd ever dare to admit. I thought Transformers 2 was a rather blah movie- but the scene where the old Decepticon rips out his parts to revive/enhance Optimus Prime made me well up. This also applies to a lot of Disney/Pixar films- my NT side can easily identify the individual components that create the effect that I feel at these cliche moments, but it doesn't change how strong the feeling can be for me. I will root for the hero and weep for the suffering of the innocent... I have a much deeper capacity for empathy than I will ever dare admit, EVEN when it's obviously cliche. I was really, really upset when Sector 6 fell in Final Fantasy VII.

All of the above, the latter one I may have more tollerance.

The first and second big time, I cried at a ballet once, not only was the music heavenly, but the dancers were doing an amazing job in a love scene.

Ahhh, I even cry at Lassie movies (actually I do but I don't ever let myself watch such crap), little house on the prairy had me in bits each week.....

Serious "agaisnt all dds" touch me too...

Very un-NT

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
I like to dance while clubbing....sober.

I actually like lady gaga's songs.

I listen to rap music.

I felt inspired and disgusted after watching "The Blind Side."

I've enjoyed watching American Idol.

Zombieland is the best movie ever.

Ninja Assassin was based off my life story.

Well Stocked

MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w6
-I like pro wrestling. A lot.
-I watch VH1 reality shows. The trashier the better.
-I like Lady Gaga.
-I read gossip websites.
-I think the Bible, the Koran et al have some redeeming value.
-I enjoy cooking.
-I watch informercials and shyster TV preachers. I enjoy analyzing the marketing/manipulation techniques they use, but the universal appeal of the idea that making "three easy payments" or "touching your hands to the screen" can solve all your problems resonates with me more than I'm entirely comfortable with, despite the fact that I recognize it as false.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I bawl like a baby when I watch sappy movies. This entertains my friends. Jerkfaces.

UFC. OMG.

I love hugs. Like seriously. The world needs more hugs.

I hate clothing. I understand all the implication of wearing it for social, physical and *other* requirements, but I still resent having to wear pants and making my socks match. Unless it's a big fuzzy sweater or a snuggie, then it's totally alright.

That being said, I am remarkably vain.

+1 to all of these. I cry during movies all the time. Doesn't even have to be a sappy movie. An episode of Star Trek once brought me to tears. Like, serious, snot-coming-out-my-nose sobbing. Lol.

Love hugs and wish I got more physical contact.

Well, clothing I'm divided on. On the one hand, it's a pain and being naked is just way easier, on the other I like developing my own fashion and style. I like the aesthetics of good clothing.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I like nearly every Matthew McConaughey movie ever made.

Despite my agnosticism, I really enjoy the mythology behind Heaven v. Hell, Angels vs. Demons, and Armageddon prohecies. Love movies like Constantine and those of similar theme.

I am a hopeless romantic.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love the movies Clueless and Legally Blonde- they warm the cockles of my heart :blush:

I have serious doubts as to whether or not life is worth living without high threadcount sheets

and embarassing tendancy for anyone? I've accidentally slammed almost every portion of my anatomy in the car door over the course of my life- head included :doh:

Gen

MBTI Type
INTP
I actually can't finish a novel unless its of the crappy romance variety. :blush: