• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Your NT skeletons?!

SecantSquared

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I've always wondered about this.
Christians believe that God is the Beginning and The End
The Alphta and the Omega, and that everything has been pre-determined by the mighty hand of God, that all has been decided by a great being in the sky.

They also believe that God blessed Man with free will. But how can we have free will if everything has already been decided, that everything we do has no consequence to the final result, since that final result has already been dictated? It's like playing a game of chess where the winner has already been declared, regardless of how I move my pieces -- Is that really free will?

Never understood that blatant contradiction. Every single time I ask a Christian about this, he or she just tells me that 'We do not understand the ways of God'. How goddamn convenient. The last time I chatted this up with a Christian, he stood up and physically threatened me -- no kidding.

don't question a christian (devout, anyways). instead of using logical arguments, it appears that force is much easier for them to use.

What stuff do NT's "secrete?"

you don't want to know.

O

Oberon

I recently read and enjoyed a Stephanie Plum novel (part of a series by Jane Evanovich). It was complete and utter fluff, and chick fluff to boot... and I liked it.

There, I've said it!!!

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
The Alphta and the Omega, and that everything has been pre-determined by the mighty hand of God, that all has been decided by a great being in the sky.

They also believe that God blessed Man with free will. But how can we have free will if everything has already been decided, that everything we do has no consequence to the final result, since that final result has already been dictated? It's like playing a game of chess where the winner has already been declared, regardless of how I move my pieces -- Is that really free will?

Never understood that blatant contradiction. Every single time I ask a Christian about this, he or she just tells me that 'We do not understand the ways of God'. How goddamn convenient. The last time I chatted this up with a Christian, he stood up and physically threatened me -- no kidding.

No Christans (well the onese I know) don't ebelvie god is in control, he is omnipresent and takes severla forms depending on what Christian Team you belong too... the trinity seems to be the common beleif.

God is the almighty voyer and can interveen but we make our own choices and take the consiquences that come with them.

Hence nothing fatalistic about it really, nothign preordained. Actually Catholicsimsim is particularly hot on daming anything that suggests pre- ordained... which is rich because when they ordain preists they are ordained for Eternity and not life. (you marry until death do you part), but you are ordained for longer... eternity - what is that about... You'll be a preist in heaven

Intersting enough the after life doens't exclude reincarnation to my knoweldge

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
I enjoyed the second star wars trilogy

astroninja

MBTI Type
INTP
I enjoy fluff. Fluff can be nice and soft and yummy to nibble on.
But the one thing I will never, and I mean NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ever get into, cross my heart and hope to die, is TWATLIGHT -- Twilight.

I hate that bleeding franchise with every fibre of my being -- and I'm being very honest here. A freaking college kid can write better than Meyers. It saddens me greatly that 85 million idiots around the world disagree. It's a blight on every talented aspiring and struggling author in the world.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Off topic Tink!

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
god can't be omni present if he created the world from nothing, there was nothing for god to be present in any form, christians will say he was present in a spiritual world we need a physical world to have a concept of a spiritual world

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Off topic Tink!

I know but he ASKED.......

OK more stuff...

I take an intellegent book to the coffee shop and read their trashy magazines full of celebrity gossip..... I want to know about the lesbian affairs, the dope, the weight on weight off culture....

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
god can't be omni present if he created the world from nothing, there was nothing for god to be present in any form, christians will say he was present in a spiritual world we need a physical world to have a concept of a spiritual world

I'm not defendign, just explaining to astroninja some of the theory behind Christianity... please keep in mind it's been a long time since I had much of an inkling of canon lawa or even roots of Christian beleifs.

O

Oberon

You've just run up against the primary limitation of materialist philosophy. Fortunately, no God worth believing in would be bound by our lack of understanding.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
You've just run up against the primary limitation of materialist philosophy. Fortunately, no God worth believing in would be bound by our lack of understanding.

I love that answer

and I really love this thread........

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dressing up and role-playing with my gf...:doh:

So are you Batman or Pocahontas?

I love some disney movies.

I tear up at the end of Beauty and the Beast and during Enchanted's dance scene. Big deal. it's as funny as hell. :)

Did you watch The Hunchback of Notre Dame? I rather enjoyed that one! My art teacher from way back forced us to watch it during class. Brings back memories; maybe that's why I like it.

The whole scene with Frollo singing "Hell's Fire" is pretty unsettling.
The music actually was well written, and the opening sequence moving for an animated pic.

O.J. didn't kill his wife. It was never proven in a criminal court of law.

If the glove don't fit, well... whadabunchash...

No, that's just what some Christians believe. A smaller movement (but growing a bit) is the Open movement, where God doesn't know all the future and weaves it together with human beings. It's caused some heated contention. Other Christians just claim to not know either way.

... The last time I chatted this up with a Christian, he stood up and physically threatened me -- no kidding.

He had no choice.

I enjoyed the second star wars trilogy

Arrrg, we have a winner!

*pulls paper bag over his head and boots him*

astroninja

MBTI Type
INTP
What's the most embarrassing CD you people own?
I have.... the first three albums from The Backstreet Boys :S

P.S. When the heck will my Junior Member status get upgraded a notch?!

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Leo Sayer - anthology or some along those lines... I have laods of Chris de Burgh

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
the beatles greatest hits compilation......the kinks were better