User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

Here's something that I seldom share with anybody-

I am very strongly affected by climaxes in music, movies, books, etc. It can move me strongly and leave me shaken for quite some time. I can get a very powerful high from listening to music, even when completely sober. Radiohead can do this to me (Let Down, Fake Plastic Trees) and quite a few other bands as well. When an orchestra and moves from a lull to an uplifting crescendo- absolutely love it. My hairs stand on end. I love it even more at live shows when you're in a good crowd. I could liken it to a religious experience. It feels like it lasts forever and it washes over every facet of your being. You know how when Paul Pott sang Nessun Dorma (search YouTube if you don't- well worth it) and the female judge exhales and tears up? I got that too.

Believable scenes of sacrifice, suffering, empowerment, crippling loss (with the appropriate music behind it) really resonate with me on a deep level, deeper and more powerfully than I'd ever dare to admit. I thought Transformers 2 was a rather blah movie- but the scene where the old Decepticon rips out his parts to revive/enhance Optimus Prime made me well up. This also applies to a lot of Disney/Pixar films- my NT side can easily identify the individual components that create the effect that I feel at these cliche moments, but it doesn't change how strong the feeling can be for me. I will root for the hero and weep for the suffering of the innocent... I have a much deeper capacity for empathy than I will ever dare admit, EVEN when it's obviously cliche. I was really, really upset when Sector 6 fell in Final Fantasy VII.

I can get extremely nauseated from watching a realistic depiction of violence- I'm not talking about the actual blood and gore but the context in which it occurs. (I love zombie flicks, for instance.) In Prison Break there was a very intense scene where Michael Scofield has his toe chopped off by the other prisoners- I get clammy, my vision blurs, my ears ring and I break out into a cold sweat because the pain seems so real inside my mind. I almost feel it happening to myself. There's a scene in P2 where a guy gets smashed to pulp by a car over and over again which doesn't bother me at all, but later on when the lead female breaks her fingernail off trying to reach her phone- and that gets me good.

Any other NTs feel this way?
    Last edited by visaisahero; 12-07-2009 at 12:02 PM. Reason: grammar, spelling

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    Yes.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I can get extremely nauseated from watching a realistic depiction of violence- I'm not talking about the actual blood and gore but the context in which it occurs. (I love zombie flicks, for instance.) In Prison Break there was a very intense scene where Michael Scofield has his toe chopped off by the other prisoners- I get clammy, my vision blurs, my ears ring and I break out into a cold sweat because the pain seems so real inside my mind. I almost feel it happening to myself. There's a scene in P2 where a guy gets smashed to pulp by a car over and over again which doesn't bother me at all, but later on when the lead female breaks her fingernail off trying to reach her phone- and that gets me good.

I agree with this. While most of what makes people queasy doesn't even make me blink the small detailed things where the entire process is depicted so well that I can imagine every part of it happening to me does have an effect. Stuff like worms wriggling through skin, slow purposeful slicing of muscles and tendons etc do.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Brave post, and insightful.

I am very strongly affected by climaxes in music, movies, books, etc. It can move me strongly and leave me shaken for quite some time.
    yes. actually, I strive to find music, books, and movies that evoke these feelings in me -- they are the most moving.

Believable scenes of sacrifice, suffering, empowerment, crippling loss (with the appropriate music behind it) really resonate with me on a deep level, deeper and more powerfully than I'd ever dare to admit.
    yes. (Even in a bad movie, where's a sense of this -- like matrix 3, with Neo literally losing EVERYTHING that made him strong, as he journeys towards his own death without realizing it, and finally has to embrace that -- I'm overwhelmed by the sense of irrevocable, irresistible, impending loss of self.) If the art is GOOD, that's even more overwhelming.

I can get extremely nauseated from watching a realistic depiction of violence
    yeah. Like in Bound, where they chop off the guy's fingers with the pruning clippers. Not a lot of gore but just gruesome. It's all context, ambiance, degree of irrevocable loss, etc., that tears me up.... not necessarily violence or gore itself.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

I bawl like a baby when I watch sappy movies. This entertains my friends. Jerkfaces.

UFC. OMG.

I love hugs. Like seriously. The world needs more hugs.

I hate clothing. I understand all the implication of wearing it for social, physical and *other* requirements, but I still resent having to wear pants and making my socks match. Unless it's a big fuzzy sweater or a snuggie, then it's totally alright.

That being said, I am remarkably vain.
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

I cried in both Transformer movies.

MBTI
    ENTP

I watch most trashy reality shows...the Housewives franchise on Bravo, Flavor of Love/Rock of Love/Charm School, Bad Girls Club. Sometimes I even go to the message boards about them to read the snark and hot gossip lol.

Something I've never really told anyone and I'm not really even sure how to articulate it -- a lot of the times just driving somewhere or taking the train or anywhere just people observing, I have been overcome with some kind of emotion (I still can't quite pinpoint it) and my eyes will well up with tear (not sad ones either) but people will be beautiful to me. Watching all kinds of people and even the smallest things will trigger this, I have a really hard time explaining it. But its something like everything is alright with this world and people are beautiful.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ZiL View Post
    America's Next Top Model can get me stuck in front of a tv all day. Same thing with that NYC Prep show that was on Bravo. O.M.G.
    YESSSS. I love a good ANTM marathon. Though I never watch them when they actually air at their regular time. I wait to catch a marathon and then I'm out for the day. I actually learn stuff from ANTM!

My new favorite show is Steven Seagal: Lawman.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTP

Here's something that I seldom share with anybody-

I am very strongly affected by climaxes in music, movies, books, etc. It can move me strongly and leave me shaken for quite some time. I can get a very powerful high from listening to music, even when completely sober. Radiohead can do this to me (Let Down, Fake Plastic Trees) and quite a few other bands as well. When an orchestra and moves from a lull to an uplifting crescendo- absolutely love it. My hairs stand on end. I love it even more at live shows when you're in a good crowd. I could liken it to a religious experience. It feels like it lasts forever and it washes over every facet of your being. You know how when Paul Pott sang Nessun Dorma (search YouTube if you don't- well worth it) and the female judge exhales and tears up? I got that too.

Believable scenes of sacrifice, suffering, empowerment, crippling loss (with the appropriate music behind it) really resonate with me on a deep level, deeper and more powerfully than I'd ever dare to admit. I thought Transformers 2 was a rather blah movie- but the scene where the old Decepticon rips out his parts to revive/enhance Optimus Prime made me well up. This also applies to a lot of Disney/Pixar films- my NT side can easily identify the individual components that create the effect that I feel at these cliche moments, but it doesn't change how strong the feeling can be for me. I will root for the hero and weep for the suffering of the innocent... I have a much deeper capacity for empathy than I will ever dare admit, EVEN when it's obviously cliche. I was really, really upset when Sector 6 fell in Final Fantasy VII.

All of the above, the latter one I may have more tollerance.

The first and second big time, I cried at a ballet once, not only was the music heavenly, but the dancers were doing an amazing job in a love scene.

Ahhh, I even cry at Lassie movies (actually I do but I don't ever let myself watch such crap), little house on the prairy had me in bits each week.....

Serious "agaisnt all dds" touch me too...

Very un-NT

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

I like to dance while clubbing....sober.

I actually like lady gaga's songs.

I listen to rap music.

I felt inspired and disgusted after watching "The Blind Side."

I've enjoyed watching American Idol.

Zombieland is the best movie ever.

Ninja Assassin was based off my life story.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.