INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by astroninja View Post
    I've always wondered about this.
    Christians believe that God is the Beginning and The End
    The Alphta and the Omega, and that everything has been pre-determined by the mighty hand of God, that all has been decided by a great being in the sky.

They also believe that God blessed Man with free will. But how can we have free will if everything has already been decided, that everything we do has no consequence to the final result, since that final result has already been dictated? It's like playing a game of chess where the winner has already been declared, regardless of how I move my pieces -- Is that really free will?

Never understood that blatant contradiction. Every single time I ask a Christian about this, he or she just tells me that 'We do not understand the ways of God'. How goddamn convenient. The last time I chatted this up with a Christian, he stood up and physically threatened me -- no kidding.
    don't question a christian (devout, anyways). instead of using logical arguments, it appears that force is much easier for them to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    What stuff do NT's "secrete?"
    you don't want to know.
    When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
    - Bernard Bailey
    It is bad luck to be superstitious.
    - Andrew W. Mathis

sp/sx/so

Oberon

I recently read and enjoyed a Stephanie Plum novel (part of a series by Jane Evanovich). It was complete and utter fluff, and chick fluff to boot... and I liked it.

There, I've said it!!!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by astroninja View Post
    I've always wondered about this.
    Christians believe that God is the Beginning and The End
    The Alphta and the Omega, and that everything has been pre-determined by the mighty hand of God, that all has been decided by a great being in the sky.

They also believe that God blessed Man with free will. But how can we have free will if everything has already been decided, that everything we do has no consequence to the final result, since that final result has already been dictated? It's like playing a game of chess where the winner has already been declared, regardless of how I move my pieces -- Is that really free will?

Never understood that blatant contradiction. Every single time I ask a Christian about this, he or she just tells me that 'We do not understand the ways of God'. How goddamn convenient. The last time I chatted this up with a Christian, he stood up and physically threatened me -- no kidding.

No Christans (well the onese I know) don't ebelvie god is in control, he is omnipresent and takes severla forms depending on what Christian Team you belong too... the trinity seems to be the common beleif.

God is the almighty voyer and can interveen but we make our own choices and take the consiquences that come with them.

Hence nothing fatalistic about it really, nothign preordained. Actually Catholicsimsim is particularly hot on daming anything that suggests pre- ordained... which is rich because when they ordain preists they are ordained for Eternity and not life. (you marry until death do you part), but you are ordained for longer... eternity - what is that about... You'll be a preist in heaven

Intersting enough the after life doens't exclude reincarnation to my knoweldge

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

I enjoyed the second star wars trilogy

MBTI
    INTP

I enjoy fluff. Fluff can be nice and soft and yummy to nibble on.
    But the one thing I will never, and I mean NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ever get into, cross my heart and hope to die, is TWATLIGHT -- Twilight.

I hate that bleeding franchise with every fibre of my being -- and I'm being very honest here. A freaking college kid can write better than Meyers. It saddens me greatly that 85 million idiots around the world disagree. It's a blight on every talented aspiring and struggling author in the world.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    What stuff do NT's "secrete?"
    not a lot actually ENTPs tend to hang out... observe Balugh earlier post

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

god can't be omni present if he created the world from nothing, there was nothing for god to be present in any form, christians will say he was present in a spiritual world we need a physical world to have a concept of a spiritual world

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Off topic Tink!
    I know but he ASKED.......

OK more stuff...

I take an intellegent book to the coffee shop and read their trashy magazines full of celebrity gossip..... I want to know about the lesbian affairs, the dope, the weight on weight off culture....

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by human101 View Post
    god can't be omni present if he created the world from nothing, there was nothing for god to be present in any form, christians will say he was present in a spiritual world we need a physical world to have a concept of a spiritual world
    I'm not defendign, just explaining to astroninja some of the theory behind Christianity... please keep in mind it's been a long time since I had much of an inkling of canon lawa or even roots of Christian beleifs.