• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What don't you like about me

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
How far off was I?

Maybe I shouldn't have stated the negatives of what such an approach brings, but, should have been like the Enneagram descriptor and given the positive spin on it.

But, I was going by the title [purpose] of the thread.

No harm, no foul.

I've enjoyed the discussion immensely so far.

Jaguar

The fact that you started this thread shows you care a little too much what people think of you.

If it's an MBTI satirical experiment to prove a point, that's one thing.
If he's actually serious and gives a rat's ass what a bunch of strangers think of an online persona,
who may, or may not, resemble who he really is-- then therapy is always an option.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I like you DiscoBiscuit. Just because you made this thread, I can't think of a bad thing to say about you, as you just earned a whole lot of respect.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I don't think there is really anything wrong with caring what other people think about you, as long as that never comes before how you feel about yourself.

Qre:us

I do not believe that anybody here would make the best judge of your character, simply because it's the Internet, and all of us are bound to limit what we reveal here. You're more than the words you put in these forums, and you know it, so the only thing anyone can comment on is the facet of yourself you choose to reveal here.

Spot on.

Although, people do reveal some stuff by how they say something, and what they don't say. Depends on who may pick it up.

edit: that's a curious thing, I've been wondering, too, like Jag: why he cares about our (strangers') opinions.

No harm, no foul.

I've enjoyed the discussion immensely so far.

Cheers!

Although, I think of all the responses, you liked mine's the least ;), but, I understand, it's cuz of our recent history. And how I say what I say.

But, regardless, thanks for hearing me out. And, take me with a huge grain of salt. I do. :D

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Spot on.

Although, people do reveal some stuff by how they say something, and what they don't say. Depends on who may pick it up.

Cheers!

Although, I think of all the responses, you liked mine's the least ;), but, I understand, it's cuz of our recent history. And how I say what I say.

But, regardless, thanks for hearing me out.

It's been my pleasure.

What bothered me about wanting to make sure everyone knew that my purpose was noble for starting the thread, is that I didn't want people to start thinking I'm some super deceptive mastermind.

I'm not. I'm just some sad guy, sitting behind a laptop, trying to figure his shit out.

Jaguar

For all you know I'm a woman, 80, with bad breath and legs in dire need of shaving.
If I knew you in person, then you and I would talk.
To ask what someone thinks of your online persona is like asking:
"Hey people, what do you think of my mask?"

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What bothered me about wanting to make sure everyone knew that my purpose was noble for starting the thread, is that I didn't want people to start thinking I'm some super deceptive mastermind.

Remember the insinuation of "unconscious" in my post you quoted.

There's no Machiavellian plot... but in therapy these is a force known as the "pull." All patients try to pull their therapist, without even often knowing it. The therapist is advised to be on the lookout -- "What is the secret need that the patient is trying to get me to fulfill for them by presenting their story in the way they've been doing?"

We're all human, we all cast ourselves in the best way to get what we want.

I'm not. I'm just some sad guy, sitting behind a laptop, trying to figure his shit out.

That's your pull.

Why do you want to be cast as a sad guy, sitting behind your laptop, trying to figure shit out? Why not a confident guy, or an earnest guy, or just some guy shooting the shit?

For some reason, you want to project the "sad guy, please help" image.... although at the same time trying to take extra care to make it known you are actively trying to resolve this on your own and driving the effort (so you don't come off as clingy)... yet still projecting yourself in a way to seem to need the help or you might fail.

Why are you cast as this down-and-out guy in your own internal narrative?

... just questions I am tossing out to you, food for thought stuff that was helpful to me...

For all you know I'm a woman, 80, with bad breath and legs in dire need of shaving.

Wait, you mean you're not?

To ask what someone thinks of your online persona is like asking:

Generally, yeah. Everything is a role = mask, even IRL.

Just that some people have thicker masks than others.

1) The fact that you started this thread shows you care a little too much what people think of you.

Yup, there is true insight... not what we do per se, but the context in which we do it.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Because I am that sad guy.

I had an AWFUL time with bullying growing up. I really never heard a kind word until High School when I grew into myself a little bit.

The vitriolic insults so cavalierly cast my way as a child, have stayed with me. I'm sad because I have a hard time helping people understand me.

I'm sad because people (mostly) don't understand me.

I'm sad because I'm alone.

EDIT: Yay the pity party cycle completes itself.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The possibility of losing gets smaller if you really hate it. Then you cling on and work harder to stop that from happening, instead of having that laid-back slacker attitude of those comfortable with being runners-up.

1. You have to taste defeat first.
2. You confuse pride with ambition. I doubt you can ever be strong if you are motivated only by the fear of losing the game.

Well, if the better plan kills all three birds with one stone... I get you.

Yes, it really all depends on quality and personal opinions.

In a situation where success is measured on a scale of 10, I'd rather choose one 10/10 plan instead of three 9/10 ones.

You're extremely delusional if you think you can see behind the masks of people IRL.

Sorry to hear that :(
Perhaps we can help somehow?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

I had an AWFUL time with bullying growing up. I really never heard a kind word until High School when I grew into myself a little bit.

The vitriolic insults so cavalierly cast my way as a child, have stayed with me. I'm sad because I have a hard time helping people understand me.

Sounds like Enneagram Type 4.

I'm sorry to hear that, man. Hopefully your experiences at TypoC will help you better understand others and yourself.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9

I'm sorry to hear that, man. Hopefully your experiences at TypoC will help you better understand others and yourself.

That's why I enjoy you guys so much. Because (some of) y'all understand. And even the one's who don't generally have a benign interest in trying to learn.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP

This is the story of a lot of NT's - a minority group that feels a bit out of the water.

I can say ENTJ's in my own experieince grow into themselves... your abilities/potentially are truly massive, and so it takes time to get to grips with them and to understand yourself.

Be kind to you and let yourself grow without too much pushing - just be and you will be fine.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
This is the story of a lot of NT's - a minority group that feels a bit out of the water.

I can say ENTJ's in my own experieince grow into themselves... your abilities/potentially are truly massive, and so it takes time to get to grips with them and to understand yourself.

Be kind to you and let yourself grow without too much pushing - just be and you will be fine.

It was weird.

When I was a child, it was like however special, and good I thought I was in my heart, that is how much shit the other kids threw at me.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

yay! Our work here is finished.

Well, not really...

Okay, here's the thing.
Are you still that sad little boy?
...Or is that something you once were -- powerless and overwhelmed?
You look like a grown man to me, when I see your pictures.
Someone with power.

I do not see you as a sad little boy until you present yourself that way to me, and you try to convince me you are.

It's not that you don't feel powerless now, nor that you don't feel sad... but in many ways it is a way you are casting yourself. Because it seems that you feel you do not have the power to be anything else.

... for myself, I have been many things in the past,
but only because it was how I chose to view myself.
Once I changed how I viewed myself, I transformed accordingly.

Transformation is such a tricky business sometimes, and yet as simple as seeing a different 'you' in the mirror. Both hard and easy all at once.

Not in the least.

Three far more than Four, and he's definitely not Four.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
It was weird.

When I was a child, it was like however special, and good I thought I was in my heart, that is how much shit the other kids threw at me.

as a kid everyone is trying to be the same, they change friends every five minutes and part of bonding is the exclusion of other people.

There was a guy at school wiht me from Shrilanka, I went to a typically Scottish high school, he was one of say 3 people who had an ethnicity that was not local grown or Itallian (the school I was in had a fair few second generation Itallian).. hence this poor guy stood out like a asore thumb - he was my bros best friend. He was bullied horribly (I suspect he was either an ENTJ or an INTJ) and is still a fair bit scarred by it, but at the end of the day, he is now a full qualified doctor making life or death decisions over the kids that did him wrong as a kid. If he weere an employer he would be hiring and firing them.

Where I grew up, often the victims for a few years became the bosses for life.

Letting this stuff go would be really good for you to do, because otherwise you will take this negativety with you and it will prevent you beign all you can be

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
yay! Our work here is finished.

Well, not really...

Okay, here's the thing.
Are you still that sad little boy?
...Or is that something you once were -- powerless and overwhelmed?
You look like a grown man to me, when I see your pictures.
Someone with power.

I do not see you as a sad little boy until you present yourself that way to me, and you try to convince me you are.

It's not that you don't feel powerless now, nor that you don't feel sad... but in many ways it is a way you are casting yourself. Because it seems that you feel you do not have the power to be anything else.

... for myself, I have been many things in the past,
but only because it was how I chose to view myself.
Once I changed how I viewed myself, I transformed accordingly.

Transformation is such a tricky business sometimes, and yet as simple as seeing a different 'you' in the mirror. Both hard and easy all at once.

:cry: (in a good way)