• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What don't you like about me

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Withdrawing from conversation.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
*twitch* :shocking:

Someone else trying to start a cat fight doesn't make it a good idea to hop in and start swinging.

The first one that comes to mind is you dismissing someone's opinion by stating they had a chip on their shoulder, and it degenerating from there.

I meant specifically. Because I remember a chip on the shoulder discussion in one of the gender threads, I just don't remember being involved in that particular discussion.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Fundementally you are OK

I don't like the attacking thing - it gets me on the denfive (I'm so not good there).
Even watching it directed towards someone else - I don't like it.... that said it seems an element of your age - cos there are a few around that are within similar age group and they suffer from similar thing.

When I say attack mode - by all means express an opinion, dissagree, but don't attack the person who's views you are dissagreeing with... making it personal, and that is never good, and so often it seems to get personal. Argue over ideas - you don't need to lay into people... and they ought not to be laying into you - its unessesary but sadly I do fear its an age thing

If you are not on attack mode you seem like a good person...

I'm not to keen on the avatar right now either.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your flaw is pride. If one can call that a flaw is arguable.
Playing the game doesn't matter, winning the game is what matters :D

You are also impatient. That one is arguable, too.
Let me quote General George S. Patton:
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week."

Besides those two highly arguable traits, which I personally think of as "strengths that cause controversy"...
You've got a good sense of morality, you strive to become better and more knowledgeable, you are daring and you can hold your own and more.

I don't have anything against the avatar, but it could be better :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're a cool dude Disco. I think you're just hard on yourself. That's why this thread got started even. :)

It's good to be hard on yourself though. As long as it's contained and you aren't as hard on other people.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Off-Topic Posts moved.

This is not the "What's Wrong with Tink" thread.
If she wants that, she can start it herself, thanks.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think that sometimes you need to step back and consider your responses before you type them, sometimes you seem a bit defensive.

I seem to like ya.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your flaw is pride. Playing the game doesn't matter, winning the game is what matters :D

Pride itself won't 'win any games' for you, there is simply no correlation. Be an arrogant turd, and I'll laugh at you and leave. Back it up with strength and knowledge, and I'll solemnly bow.

"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week."

That might work on the battlefield. IRL and business and politics... not so much, though I certainly see this as an ars poetica of most ENTJs. It is the main reason why I've noticed I can't possibly be an ENTJ.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Pride itself won't 'win any games', there is simply no correlation. Be an arrogant turd, and I'll laugh at you and leave. Back it up with strength and knowledge, and I'll solemnly bow.

True.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Too huggy. And you let compliments go to your head.

;)

proximo

I think you're cool... I've so far not had any reason to think less than well of you.

I think we disagreed once (can't quite recall, might've been someone else), but if it was indeed you, you were clear and up-front, with an obvious focus on the point at hand, communication and clarity rather than mere ego/drama/defensiveness. Which I appreciated and respected.

You seem aware of your worst faults and to be at least trying not to take them out on others or blame others for the results of them. That's about as much as one can ask of any human, I guess.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pride itself won't 'win any games' for you, there is simply no correlation. Be an arrogant turd, and I'll laugh at you and leave. Back it up with strength and knowledge, and I'll solemnly bow.

That might work on the battlefield. IRL and business and politics... not so much, though I certainly see this as an ars poetica of most ENTJs. It is the main reason why I've noticed I can't possibly be an ENTJ.

The possibility of losing gets smaller if you really hate it. Then you cling on and work harder to stop that from happening, instead of having that laid-back slacker attitude of those comfortable with being runners-up.

As to that second half... It's all about opinions. Most people aren't able to come up with a good plan fast, so it'll be a crappy one.
A good plan is still a good plan, though, and if executed it still yields results.
What do you appreciate more, personally? One single really good plan, or three good ones thought out and executed in the same time-span, solving three problems?
Well, if the better plan kills all three birds with one stone... I get you.
Otherwise, getting things over and done with more quickly is better if there is still quality to it.

This is probably why INTJs take on a very special kind of leadership style.
Much like that of Lenin. Hanging around in the background planning decades ahead and being philosophical, while the ENTJ Leo Trotskij solves the practical issues of public speeches, mustering armies, leading said armies etc.
The Russian revolution has much to offer if one studies it closely.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I don't like my inability to know what level of seriousness a situation requires.

It's like I either want it to be super dooper serious, or I want it to be a strait comedy festival.

I think this goes back to my lack of social awareness.