User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    How far off was I?

Maybe I shouldn't have stated the negatives of what such an approach brings, but, should have been like the Enneagram descriptor and given the positive spin on it.

But, I was going by the title [purpose] of the thread.
    No harm, no foul.

I've enjoyed the discussion immensely so far.

Quote Originally Posted by astroninja View Post
    The fact that you started this thread shows you care a little too much what people think of you.

If it's an MBTI satirical experiment to prove a point, that's one thing.
    If he's actually serious and gives a rat's ass what a bunch of strangers think of an online persona,
    who may, or may not, resemble who he really is-- then therapy is always an option.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I like you DiscoBiscuit. Just because you made this thread, I can't think of a bad thing to say about you, as you just earned a whole lot of respect.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I don't think there is really anything wrong with caring what other people think about you, as long as that never comes before how you feel about yourself.

I do not believe that anybody here would make the best judge of your character, simply because it's the Internet, and all of us are bound to limit what we reveal here. You're more than the words you put in these forums, and you know it, so the only thing anyone can comment on is the facet of yourself you choose to reveal here.
    Spot on.

Although, people do reveal some stuff by how they say something, and what they don't say. Depends on who may pick it up.

edit: that's a curious thing, I've been wondering, too, like Jag: why he cares about our (strangers') opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    No harm, no foul.

I've enjoyed the discussion immensely so far.
    Cheers!

Although, I think of all the responses, you liked mine's the least , but, I understand, it's cuz of our recent history. And how I say what I say.

But, regardless, thanks for hearing me out. And, take me with a huge grain of salt. I do.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I don't think there is really anything wrong with caring what other people think about you, as long as that never comes before how you feel about yourself.
    +1.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Spot on.

Although, people do reveal some stuff by how they say something, and what they don't say. Depends on who may pick it up.

Cheers!

Although, I think of all the responses, you liked mine's the least , but, I understand, it's cuz of our recent history. And how I say what I say.

But, regardless, thanks for hearing me out.
    It's been my pleasure.

What bothered me about wanting to make sure everyone knew that my purpose was noble for starting the thread, is that I didn't want people to start thinking I'm some super deceptive mastermind.

I'm not. I'm just some sad guy, sitting behind a laptop, trying to figure his shit out.

For all you know I'm a woman, 80, with bad breath and legs in dire need of shaving.
    If I knew you in person, then you and I would talk.
    To ask what someone thinks of your online persona is like asking:
    "Hey people, what do you think of my mask?"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

What bothered me about wanting to make sure everyone knew that my purpose was noble for starting the thread, is that I didn't want people to start thinking I'm some super deceptive mastermind.
    Remember the insinuation of "unconscious" in my post you quoted.

There's no Machiavellian plot... but in therapy these is a force known as the "pull." All patients try to pull their therapist, without even often knowing it. The therapist is advised to be on the lookout -- "What is the secret need that the patient is trying to get me to fulfill for them by presenting their story in the way they've been doing?"

We're all human, we all cast ourselves in the best way to get what we want.

I'm not. I'm just some sad guy, sitting behind a laptop, trying to figure his shit out.
    That's your pull.

Why do you want to be cast as a sad guy, sitting behind your laptop, trying to figure shit out? Why not a confident guy, or an earnest guy, or just some guy shooting the shit?

For some reason, you want to project the "sad guy, please help" image.... although at the same time trying to take extra care to make it known you are actively trying to resolve this on your own and driving the effort (so you don't come off as clingy)... yet still projecting yourself in a way to seem to need the help or you might fail.

Why are you cast as this down-and-out guy in your own internal narrative?

... just questions I am tossing out to you, food for thought stuff that was helpful to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    For all you know I'm a woman, 80, with bad breath and legs in dire need of shaving.
    Wait, you mean you're not?

To ask what someone thinks of your online persona is like asking:
    "Hey people, what do you think of my mask?"
    Generally, yeah. Everything is a role = mask, even IRL.

Just that some people have thicker masks than others.

1) The fact that you started this thread shows you care a little too much what people think of you.
    Yup, there is true insight... not what we do per se, but the context in which we do it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Because I am that sad guy.

I had an AWFUL time with bullying growing up. I really never heard a kind word until High School when I grew into myself a little bit.

The vitriolic insults so cavalierly cast my way as a child, have stayed with me. I'm sad because I have a hard time helping people understand me.

I'm sad because people (mostly) don't understand me.

I'm sad because I'm alone.

EDIT: Yay the pity party cycle completes itself.