• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What don't you like about me

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Because I am that sad guy.

I had an AWFUL time with bullying growing up. I really never heard a kind word until High School when I grew into myself a little bit.

The vitriolic insults so cavalierly cast my way as a child, have stayed with me. I'm sad because I have a hard time helping people understand me.

I'm sad because people (mostly) don't understand me.

I'm sad because I'm alone.

EDIT: Yay the pity party cycle completes itself.

:hug:

I had no idea you had that problem. I never thought an assertive guy like you would have any trouble socially, or care what people thought of them. In fact, there have been a lot of times I've been jealous of people like you, because it seems from my perspective like you can get just about anything you want.

You seem so different from me on the surface... but I guess you're not totally. I didn't get insulted much growing up, I just worked to be ignored, and was successful. But I'm sometimes sad for the same reasons.

I know everyone else is down on you for caring what other people think of you, and seeming kind of "sad"... but to me, you just seem more human now. :yes:

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
:hug:

I had no idea you had that problem. I never thought an assertive guy like you would have any trouble socially, or care what people thought of them. In fact, there have been a lot of times I've been jealous of people like you, because it seems from my perspective like you can get just about anything you want.

You seem so different from me on the surface... but I guess you're not totally. I didn't get insulted much growing up, I just worked to be ignored, and was successful. But I'm sometimes sad for the same reasons.

I know everyone else is down on you for caring what other people think of you, and seeming kind of "sad"... but to me, you just seem more human now. :yes:

And one of this thread's main bullet points has been found.

EDIT: :hug: right back at ya!

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was reading quite a few of the posts in this thread. The one thing that really stuck out to me is that you said you were bullied as a child through high school. I can see that this is probably a huge reason why you feel you need/want to be understood and liked by others. If your peers didn't always treat you kindly or thought of you in a horrible light then I can see growing up and feeling like you have to prove yourself to everyone you come across. Whether its to prove that your a real man, strong, noble, kind or whatever it is that you feel you need to prove to others. Maybe, just maybe, you feel that the things other people say will make you feel more like a man and if what someone says is harming your man persona then you fight back to prove that, well, you are a true man.
The only issue I see is your self confidence. From where I stand, it seems pretty low. When our confidence is low, we sometimes do things to up our confidence but in reality it makes us look desperate or ....well lacking self confidence.

I think you have alot to offer, especially if you can over come your self confidence problem [that is if there is one]. For I too have and still do deal with self confidence issues so I see it pretty well. I do hope this helps you. :hug:

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Yea thats a lot of it stepho.

The lack of acceptance among my peers combined with my parents telling me I wasn't ever working hard enough did a number on my little mind.

EDIT: It's like my entire life has just been a struggle to make other people proud.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yea thats a lot of it stepho.

The lack of acceptance among my peers combined with my parents telling me I wasn't ever working hard enough did a number on my little mind.

EDIT: It's like my entire life has just been a struggle to make other people proud.

:yes: I see exactly what your putting out there. As you already know i've gone through the same crap and it does change the way your mind works and it does make you defensive and easily hurt when certain things are thrown at you.
This is oh to familiar for me, except my parents ignored me and I just wanted them to notice me. Well as you may or may not have caught, its hard for me not to do certain things to be noticed because that is where my self confidence issue is at. I want to do something to please others for that satisfaction of knowing that other person notices me. I felt pretty ignored growing up, so thats the problem I have.

I see this desire to please others in you and it may or may not be for attention. It was the attention deal for me. I think the best you can do right now is to own up to your weaknesses and look them in the face. You do NOT have to be that way. YOU can choose to change. Don't ever believe you have to be a slave to those weaknesses. Just say "Yeah, those are my trouble spots, but they don't own me and I can change it".
Its also really wise to have friends who will show hard love to you. When they see something that needs to be approached, they'll approach it because they want to see you at your best. If the people around you are always going to sugar coat things, thats not so good. But it needs to be done out of love and respect.

I'm sorry if I've rambled a bit :blush:
You're who you make yourself to be.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Yea.

Learning to own your own faults is the hardest part. Once you've passed that hurtle, the battle is mostly downhill.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think you know what you've got to do.
I won't preach to the choir ;)

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't like your shirtless pictures. :dont:

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
you sound like a delicious hallucinogen :)

so i like you