• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Help me understand the ENTJ!

Jaguar

Do those thoughts just spill out uncontrollably?

Yes. :D Since I was a kid, my Mom called me "The Mouth."

One of my least favorite things to do is end up on an airplane with a baby who cries--incessantly.
It's the repetitive nature of it, that drives me up the wall.
So here I am, baby is several rows down, crying like the end of the world is near.
This went on for 15 minutes straight. Waaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaah.
I couldn't handle it for one more second, so I yelled at the top of my lungs:
"JESUS H. CHRIST!!!!!"

The entire airplane erupted in laughter.
I knew damn well what they were laughing at. Not just me, but themselves.
So the plane landed, and as I am pulling down my bag from the overhead bin,
person after person after person came up to me and said:

"You said exactly what I wanted to say, but couldn't."

Ah well, the story of my life.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I was once trying to talk up a girl that I worked with. I was amazed at the crap coming out of my mouth. The voice in my head was saying "STOP. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP!" but I couldn't. The voice in my head then said "OH MY GOD, YOU REALLY CAN'T STOP CAN YOU?!" This is a problem not just with females, but the whole population in general. The girl still went out on a quasi-date with me, though I was young and didn't know how how to pursue. I think the problem might be that I think what I'm saying is pure friggin' genius or comic gold. The majority of the human population finds it offensive, in bad taste, and not funny (I think they think it's funny, they just don't want to admit it).

I get the same reaction you give your brother from a lot of my friends. I like to view it as a filter. People who can appreciate me and know how to handle and take me stay in. Everyone else is washed out.

I must say, this is one of my favorite attributes :wubbie:. Some of shit that my husband says... *shakes head* It's like a volcano of unfiltered honesty, I find it equally appealing and hilarious. Sometimes though, it's cringe worthy.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I must say, this is one of my favorite attributes :wubbie:. Some of shit that my husband says... *shakes head* It's like a volcano of unfiltered honesty, I find it equally appealing and hilarious. Sometimes though, it's cringe worthy.

With honesty, as with most things, moderation is the key.

Jaguar

With honesty, as with most things, moderation is the key.

Reading your drunken blog posts last night, and calling yourself a "drama queen,"
makes me think you might not be the right person to speak out on the topic of moderation.

I can relate completely. What I don't understand is why, when you say what everyone is thinking and they admit to it, it still seems to be looked down upon by most people?

Well I assure you, no one "looked down upon it" on the airplane.
Even the flight attendants were laughing. :D
No one in my family looks down upon it, they support it. 100%.

Brutal honesty is what got me business contracts that 100 others, couldn't get.
Why would I change something that has been so successful for me?

Never.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
You ENTJs!!! Esp. Jag and Disco - such wonderful specimens!! Damn I miss mine! ENTJs to age well - very very well if mine was anything to go by.

Relationship? We'd been dating for 3 years and it came down to me saying, "Well, are we or aren't we?" (getting married) because I was going to move in either way. So we did.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I've always considered myself extremely good at reading people, but a certain ENTJ has stumped me! So I'm compelled to seek advice on my situation from the MBTI community in the hopes of understanding the motives that drive this type in relationships.

As far as cookie cutter type matches go, this is not it as I am an ESTP: enthusiastic and easy-going as they come. This particular ENTJ has definitely demonstrated the broad characteristics that seem to go with the package, i.e. tightly-checked emotions, workaholic schedule, really direct communication style (seriously, when I first met him I was wholly amazed at his total lack of charm ;)).
But the difference that separates us is intoxicating. I find his aura to be like gravity, it pulls me down from the insanity that is my mile-a-minute thought process and makes me reflect before I speak. Calming, yet stimulating at the same time.

So the situation I'm in, and the root of what's eating me is the the fact that he cheated on his girlfriend when we met, but we have since developed a consistent, yet casual relationship. The predictability is amusing, it's nearly clockwork every 10 days for the past 6 months. I've seen him following some tough emotional situations (death in the family) and to me, I feel like it gets a bit softer between us every time I see him, chipping the ice off bit by bit (myself included).

From what I've read, ENTJs aren't usually prone to casual relationships (or cheating?) I stay hopeful knowing how much he works and believing that he would have moved on by now if there was no potential. Is this completely irrational? I'd love to hear the relationship patterns of the ENTJs here, hopefully to gain some clarity on whether I'm fooling myself.

If there is potential for growth in this situation (although I hope so, I feel there's a good chance the odds are not in my favor) how can I move forward effectively?
I haven't said a word about future, expectations, or anything else that is usually scary...but I keep wondering, should I? I've become content to just continue enjoying things in the hopes of bringing his guard down...My patience is iron-clad when I fixate on getting something, but is patience what pays off with ENTJs? Where do I go from here?

No matter what type you are, if you hook up with someone, and that person cheated on his significant other to do it, then you should expect he/she will do the same to you. Type doesn't matter, it's a morals, values, integrity thing. Just be aware of that. Don't get caught up in trying to look for reasons why he wont treat you the same way.

Jaguar

Damn I miss mine! ENTJs to age well - very very well if mine was anything to go by.

Relationship? We'd been dating for 3 years and it came down to me saying, "Well, are we or aren't we?" (getting married) because I was going to move in either way. So we did.

Talk about kicking stereotypes in the butt. I love it. :D

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
That wasn't half of it. When I say you ENTJs age very well I mean it - the year we were married I was 20... he was 60.