User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    ^ Very young, still needs social conditioning.

Edit: at bLAze
    Social conditioning wouldn't be the word. Maybe moreso maturity and life experience to be exact. Sorry if I wasn't able to assist you then, OP. Take it with a grain of salt in that case, unless some older ENTJ's want to chime in...

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

We can be pure hell till we grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    We can be pure hell till we grow up.
    WHAAAAT? BUT I'M PERFECT
    At what age do we grow up? Up until recently I have always been a steamroller. I still am a steamroller but it is SO HARD TO RESIST OWNING STUPID PEOPLE! But I try my best to let it go...

I am type 8 "The Challenger" and I know for a fact that I must piss people off all the time.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

You won't be grown up until you respect other's enough to listen to their opinion.

EDIT: I'm one too, and what helped me to stop doing it, was realizing that I was just trying to show everyone how smart I was when I did it, and that everyone else resented me for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    You won't be grown up until you respect other's enough to listen to their opinion.

EDIT: I'm one too, and what helped me to stop doing it, was realizing that I was just trying to show everyone how smart I was when I did it, and that everyone else resented me for it.

Even the people that I know are wrong?
    I try my best to listen. I really do. It just doesn't always work out.

What age does this "maturity" you speak of come at? 20s? 30s? Most of the time I do not even understand why the other person is getting pissed off until I take the time to think about it from their (illogical) POV. By then, it's too late.

The thing is that I don't care whether or not I piss these people off. I shouldn't have to tailor down my tone so that they feel less stupid. I shouldn't have to withhold the truth to make them feel better about their insecure selves.

Ahh, I say all this now, but I am sure that it will change in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by bLAze View Post

The thing is that I don't care whether or not I piss these people off. I shouldn't have to tailor down my tone so that they feel less stupid. I shouldn't have to withhold the truth to make them feel better about their insecure selves.

Let's hope so.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

*looks at watch*

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Let's hope so.
    I just gotta find the balance.
    I've been trying this new thing where I listen, listen, listen. Respond if someone talks to me directly. Nod my head if they look at me. Really try my best to listen.

But then pick my battles wisely. Rather than always calling people out, I only go through with it when I feel the time has come.

It's been working well so far, but now people are always asking me if I am OK. Apparently, when I am not speaking over people, I am not well. Lose-Lose

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    5w4

You will mature when you develop your Ni. Lol, no but seriously I think that is why people think, "Did he really just say that?" when the ENTJ speaks. I have about ten ENTJ's that I know (one ENTJ brother), and when they engage in convo with someone (especially a female) I usually end up having to find somewhere to hide my face and laugh hysterically afterwards because of the overwhelming social gall. Do those thoughts just spill out uncontrollably?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8sx
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MyIsland View Post
    I have about ten ENTJ's that I know (one ENTJ brother), and when they engage in convo with someone (especially a female) I usually end up having to find somewhere to hide my face and laugh hysterically afterwards because of the overwhelming social gall. Do those thoughts just spill out uncontrollably?
    I was once trying to talk up a girl that I worked with. I was amazed at the crap coming out of my mouth. The voice in my head was saying "STOP. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP!" but I couldn't. The voice in my head then said "OH MY GOD, YOU REALLY CAN'T STOP CAN YOU?!" This is a problem not just with females, but the whole population in general. The girl still went out on a quasi-date with me, though I was young and didn't know how how to pursue. I think the problem might be that I think what I'm saying is pure friggin' genius or comic gold. The majority of the human population finds it offensive, in bad taste, and not funny (I think they think it's funny, they just don't want to admit it).

I get the same reaction you give your brother from a lot of my friends. I like to view it as a filter. People who can appreciate me and know how to handle and take me stay in. Everyone else is washed out.