• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTP/INTPs, come here. Now.

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
How do you feel about ENFPs? Simple question, I know, but I think it deserves some fairly detailed answers, especially if you have experience with an ENFP. :) Tell me how interaction went at first, and how it was after a while, the things you liked and what you did like, etc.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
In general I like their exuberance and sense of humor, and silliness, but sometimes it can get a little stalky. For example, there was this one girl that I was talking to on a dating site (we'd traded real name info) that google stalked me and told me all the things she found out about me-- before we'd even been on a date! I realized she was just being careful, but was very playful with all the things she found out.

Eventually I find they want more from me than I can give though.

Edit: as friends they work out great though, for me.

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ooh, I see. :)

What kind of things do ENFPs 'want' from you that you cannot give?

Infidel

MBTI Type
INTP
I haven't met an ENFP I didn't like :) they are just so darn friendly and optimistic.

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well I'm only speaking from a sample of one or two but . . . lots of attention. ;)

Haha oh boy. Was the winking face supposed to imply something? Hehe.
And yeah, I LOVE most other ENFPs I know. They're just..Really easy to get along with. :)

Soren

MBTI Type
INTP
Really nice and cool.

But flaky as hell(flakier than me), and can't take a stand when it matters.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Fun people. Love their exuberance and joie de vivre. That being said, they can be the most frustrating obstacles in a political context.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Absolutely LOVE ENFP's. The shared Ne makes for a great connection. Here's my ENFP story. Became friends with one - instant connection. And intense. I could talk so openly with her and without even realizing it, we were spending lots of time together. She developed feelings for me, but her Fi kept her from revealing it outright to me. She sent very mild signals - signals that most men probably would respond to - but I can be pretty aloof (INTP) and not pick up subtle hints. So, things continued to "grow" and I just thought "really good friends". Outsiders began to see that she had feelings, and I would tell them that we were just really good friends. They didn't believe me. We just had really great fun together and nothing was going on.

Well, it reached a point where she finally felt the need to make it known that she had feelings - probably because I wasn't responding to the subtleties. So, she began to - as someone else already stated - become very needy. "I cooked a meal, do you want to come over and eat?" When I would say no, it was like I had made my "girlfriend" mad. I felt guilty. She would kind of pout or somehow seem hurt or like I wasn't giving her enough of my time (remeber we weren't together at this point). She got needy and INTP's, generally speaking, do not like that. We like independence in others. Be your own person. Don't "need" me in order to be happy. Be happy on your own and then come spend time with me and it will be fun. When your happiness is reliant upon an INTP being with you whenever you feel lonely, it's going to be tough because we're off in our own heads a lot of the time and that neediness is pulling us out of our heads. We're not good hosts because we don't want to have to entertain people. ENTP's might be better at entertaining, but INTP's are introverts and after we have a great conversation with you, we revert back to being independent.

Not saying we can't make great, dedicated partners, but we are not won over by someone needing our company and we are not won over by people who "try to get our attention" or try to be the center of our attention - I think, if anything, we find that kind of behavior extremely annoying.

ENFP's are great fun. Just give the INTP space - lots of it. Really, really learn to respect that space. Let the INTP come to you, rather than trying to "convince him to spend time with you". Give us options. "Hey, you should come over one of these weekends and I'll make some good grub. Maybe we can watch a movie too. Let me know sometime if you're interested."

Instead of "OMG. Look at me in hyper mode. Don't you want to come and spend time with me right now?" Maybe we do, but very often we don't. My ENFP never came to terms with that.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pretty cool overall; it's nice that they're all about random ideas and will indulge all kinds of silliness. They're usually up for adventures and other such things, and are pretty open and accepting people who will usually go out of their way to be nice or help you if you ask for it. Umm...downsides are that they can't see things impersonally when necessary and they tend to get offended a little too easily, but they bounce back quickly enough that it's not a big deal.

One of my favorite types to be around, overall.

tango

MBTI Type
eNFP
As an ENFP, I know that I prefer spending time with INTP/INTJ's. However, I am under 5% extroverted; I like to spend half of my time alone doing something I like. This might be just enough space for introverted, intuitive thinkers, because we get along psychic-well.

Cheetah

MBTI Type
iNtp
:wubbie: I love ENFPs!

As already said, they're really friendly, and will get me to do stuff when normally I'd have just gone home and sat around bored all weekend. And Ne is so very, very awesome. Bouncing Ne around between me and an ENFP is so much fun ^_^ I can play around with an ENFP without getting tired of them because it's on sort of the same wavelength, and without the things about, say, an ENTP that bother me (arguing gets boring, playing doesn't). And, stuff. I don't know, it's hard to describe, especially when I'm half asleep. I'll try for a better post tomorrow when I'm awake >.>

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
there cool!

I tutor one maths in exchange for cookery lessons and being half-italian it is a mighty fine deal!

Very cool people just have trouble detatching at times and extremely annoying when they go all INFP depressive on you!

Other than that great. Especially one with good Te there really intelligent and fun in a way that I can't not admire as an ENTP!

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
How do you feel about ENFPs? Simple question, I know, but I think it deserves some fairly detailed answers, especially if you have experience with an ENFP. :) Tell me how interaction went at first, and how it was after a while, the things you liked and what you did like, etc.
There is only one such encounter.
I was short of fags. I had a sixpence.

It was a holiday. One place was open, downtown. It was a hamburger joint.
I nursed my coffee.

The place was almost empty.
Two girls occupied another table. They were discussing in Italian.
I looked at them.

One of the girls said in English: We talk in Italian. Is it a problem with you?
I said: Go ahead.

She said: Come and sit with us.
I said: Do you have a fag?

I liked everything. The interaction was perfect.
Nothing was wrong.

Apart from the set up.
But it is not our doing.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
my mom is an enfp(with low extraversion, maybe more like xnfp nowadays) and she raised me alone, best mom i could have hoped for. she can be really annoying at times, but usually much fun, even when we arent doing enything. fun to talk about random things and laugh at weird stuff that most people wouldnt even get. nowadays i dont spend much time with her, maybe because she was there so much when i was growing up that i still feel like i need some freedom from her, even tho its been 4 years when i moved alone. i mean she gave me space, but she was still there invading my space in some weird way i cannot explain.

i got a friend(guy) who i think might be enfp, hes fun, but somehow not very strong connection.

then there is this girl, sweetest one i have ever seen, before i met her i couldnt have even dreamt of someone like her existing. but so fucking fustrating, i like her very very much, but i think i hate her even more for what shes doing.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First impressions are usually cute and silly, like little kittens.

Getting to know them is always interesting and surprising though.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I dont like them, I dont like anybody. I dont even like this keyboard. Stupid keyboard !

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There have been two ENFPs in my life.

One, was my mother's friend, but eventually became a close family friend. I think she is one of the coolest people I have ever met, albeit slightly irresponsible. Well, who isn't. I kind of modeled myself after her as a child, because I thought her flamboyancy was great. She is also very pretty. This was maybe when I was in the fourth grade. I like them a lot, for the most part.

However, their irrationality drives me up a wall.

Person #2: Last year, as a freshman, I met a senior who is an ENFP. We got along perfectly for the most part, but her emotions and short temper came between us on occassion. She disliked my glaring use of rationality, I disliked how she couldn't see how ridiculous what she said was.

In conclusion: great people. Couldn't date one probably, unless they were well balanced. Great friends, probably great at parties. I like them as people.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I am friends with at least one ENFP (I'm not sure about the type of another friend).
She's almost a textbook ENFP. When I read the ENFP description, I went like: this is Friend!! And even now, if I want to check if someone is an ENFP, the first question I'll try to answer is "does he/she act more or less like Friend?"

We were friends from the very first time we met each other. I like her enthousiasm! We can spend hours making all sorts of crazy "what-if" connections. She has taught me to roleplay and enhanced my improvisation abilities.

There is only one thing I don't like about her - she spreads her attention to even more projects and people than I do; causing her to be quite forgetful. *I* am the one who whips out the agenda if we want to come together... (and that's a remarkable thing - I'm a terrible P) But when she's there, everybody forgives her.

When she's among a group, she makes the group feel good together, even if the members are totally different. That's what I appreciate the most.