User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Wow, I love the replies so far. They are very helpful, thank you all so much.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I like ENFPs a lot. There is always something to talk about. As long as they can deal with me not wanting their tokens of affection and other stuff they do to "reinforce emotional bonds", then we are cool. Seriously, when I am with ENFP friends, it can be nothing but laughter. Unless they are uneasy or paranoid about something or trying to insist that they know me better than I know myself because of their "ability to read people" - in which case they become my absolute least favorite type to be around.

It also annoys me when they do self-centered things that have a negative effect on other people - things like showing up really late or being generally flaky - which presumes their importance over everyone else's. But beyond that, I love ENFPs.

They are warm and caring and funny. And almost every ENFP I know is extremely talented in whichever artistic realm they are drawn too. Lovely people.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    Haha oh boy. Was the winking face supposed to imply something? Hehe.
    And yeah, I LOVE most other ENFPs I know. They're just..Really easy to get along with.
    This is true. I find that I get along great with all the NF types. Probably the least with the INFPs.

Edit: so are you asking because you have an xNTP love interest?

I had an ENFP friend once. He was insane, always full of energy and everything made him happy. It was intimidating.
    Hello

I've one in my family and have known three definite ones in my social circles at various points in my life.

Good: Available, truthful, helpful, enthusiastic, adventurous

Bad: Needy, manipulative, self-righteous, insensitive, professional gaslighters

Addendum: "truthful" doesn't equal "honest". I've had various ENFP's deliberately and knowingly "selling" me arrangements and ideas that are very much to my disadvantage, without actually telling any lies - just selective truths!!

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    This is true. I find that I get along great with all the NF types. Probably the least with the INFPs.
    That's weird, cos they're my fave NF's Be interesting to see how that correlates to our different preference strengths...
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    That's weird, cos they're my fave NF's Be interesting to see how that correlates to our different preference strengths...
    Well it's relative. I'd take an INFP over an ESFJ any day (no offense to you lovely ESFJs. We just don't click). I just find it draining to always be trying to draw the INFPs out of their shells. Maybe I just haven't met the right ones.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    Good: Available, truthful, helpful, enthusiastic, adventurous
    Bad: Needy, manipulative, self-righteous, insensitive
    Wow. That's exactly that, I experienced.

It's strange. I had two big ENFP-contacts in my life. Both had a very warm aura, when I said something, I felt understood. But "out of sight, out of mind", after we met (intimate) they didn't invest anything. I felt understood in some subjects, but I did not see any interest in my person. That's something, I did never understood. I began to reproach myself for that situation.

At the beginning of the interaction both did very silly things. Like running away, fleeing. They captured the conversation, and sometimes they talk 90 per cent of time, and I could count the questions about me on only one hand. I felt powerless, like a thing they can use and throw away, whenever they want. When I suggest a date, they tried to give conditions, that are almost respect-less. And all the early dates were initiate by me.

And I really hate that. I appreciate loyality and honesty, and a working-together. The manipulative part was obvious. Both were girls, and both used to pull their fingers exactly in that wound, I hided. I cannot explain, why they did it. For a strange reason (maybe because I was reproaching myself for this unsecure situation?) it made me addicted, and let me suffer emotional pain.

All in all: Funny people, very warm, can hold very deep intelligent conversations - but much too self-centered and ruthless.

Anyone experienced the same?
    ** Upgrading my english **
    Corrections for my language are willingly seen

Enneagram: 7w6

Well it's relative. I'd take an INFP over an ESFJ any day (no offense to you lovely ESFJs. We just don't click). I just find it draining to always be trying to draw the INFPs out of their shells. Maybe I just haven't met the right ones.
    Ah, yeah - actually I don't find it difficult to draw INFP's out once I have them present with me. It's getting them to be present that's the difficult part! You know, that whole thing where you always have to initiate everything and you're supposed to be secure (to arrogant levels) in the knowledge of their regard for you, enough to keep believing that they like you even though they never contact you?

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid and Flammable View Post
    It's strange. I had two big ENFP-contacts in my life. Both had a very warm aura, when I said something, I felt understood. But "out of sight, out of mind", after we met (intimate) they didn't invest anything. I felt understood in some subjects, but I did not see any interest in my person. That's something, I did never understood. I began to reproach myself for that situation.
    Hm, I think it's down to secondary Fi... I think that's why I prefer the INFP's, because their Fi seems to produce a powerful sort of sincerity that, when it's shoved to secondary importance, seems to turn into "situational attachments" that can be used to morally 'prop up' their decisions, and can leave a person feeling quite "used" - this page here describes it in a way that seems to tally with my experience... edit - it's rather like Ti in NTP's - in the INTP where it's primary, they love gaining knowledge for its own sake and pursue it doggedly, whilst the ENTP, having Ti as secondary, it becomes "situational" like the ENFP's Fi, and rather serves the needs and promptings of Ne.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

MBTI
    ENFP

Edit: so are you asking because you have an xNTP love interest?
    Haha. XNTPs are amazing, of course.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid and Flammable View Post
    Wow. That's exactly that, I experienced.

All in all: Funny people, very warm, can hold very deep intelligent conversations - but much too self-centered and ruthless.

Anyone experienced the same?
    Self-centred? Can be. Ruthless? No.

Despite their effusive and seemingly open, accepting natures, they actually play their cards close to their chest - they let very few people get really close.

People like other people (or don't) because of how they make them feel. ENFPs really know how to make people feel good. And so everybody loves them. But most fail to realize that this doesn't really say anything about how they feel about you personally. It's just their default way of being.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.