half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I'm the same. I've always been known for not giving a crap about keeping my old records, art, writings, photos, toys, or anything that most people would keep for sentimental reasons. It's kind of bitten me in the ass here recently, because I've been looking for tokens from my past that might lend some insight to my type, and I don't have anything. Ah, well.
    Yeah, *positive* tertiary function development usually develops in your late 20s, I think. Until then, your tert usually is weird and wonky - either rejected completely, or relied on in a way that is a total misunderstanding of what it's supposed to be. For me, my tert Fe was all about people manipulation when I was younger and now it is a genuine sense of empathy and caring for others. So, I'm guessing that your Si won't be this way for long.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Yeah, *positive* tertiary function development usually develops in your late 20s, I think. Until then, your tert usually is weird and wonky - either rejected completely, or relied on in a way that is a total misunderstanding of what it's supposed to be. For me, my tert Fe was all about people manipulation when I was younger and now it is a genuine sense of empathy and caring for others. So, I'm guessing that your Si won't be this way for long.
    Yeah I am in my 30s so I get what you mean. Well its a strange thing for me, I might just be a very logical INFP. Because Ive always been a very intense as a kid with a big imagination, I had some strange ideas. I think that having a IXFJ mother really helped me develope my extraverted feeling. She has been the influence on a lot of the moralcode I live by (as all parents are to a certain extend) but the Fe helped me develope that from an early childhood I think.

I have been taking the functions tests a few too many times. And I scored high on Fi, which might suggest INFP. But as I have dug deeper into my feeling side and understanding it I have come to the conclusion that it might very well be more of Fe I use.

Just a little about me thats unrelated but still not completely. I just think that as Ive grown older I have developed a different kind of melancholy than Ive had before, which might be the emergence of the tertiary functions in my personality. Im also not as intense internally as Ive been in my 20s.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    Yeah I am in my 30s so I get what you mean. Well its a strange thing for me, I might just be a very logical INFP. Because Ive always been a very intense as a kid with a big imagination, I had some strange ideas. I think that having a IXFJ mother really helped me develope my extraverted feeling. She has been the influence on a lot of the moralcode I live by (as all parents are to a certain extend) but the Fe helped me develope that from an early childhood I think.

I have been taking the functions tests a few too many times. And I scored high on Fi, which might suggest INFP. But as I have dug deeper into my feeling side and understanding it I have come to the conclusion that it might very well be more of Fe I use.

Just a little about me thats unrelated but still not completely. I just think that as Ive grown older I have developed a different kind of melancholy than Ive had before, which might be the emergence of the tertiary functions in my personality. Im also not as intense internally as Ive been in my 20s.
    You sound very Fi to me, hahaha... either way, we all use all the functions to some degree, and yeah, parents have a huge influence on us. I was also just speaking in another thread about how women tend to learn (or learn to use) Fe faster than their male counterparts because that is expected of us as women. There are many variables to consider, I suppose.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    You sound very Fi to me, hahaha... either way, we all use all the functions to some degree, and yeah, parents have a huge influence on us. I was also just speaking in another thread about how women tend to learn (or learn to use) Fe faster than their male counterparts because that is expected of us as women. There are many variables to consider, I suppose.
    I just think Im a very humanistic oriented INTP. Because some to most INFPs drive me up the wall with their emotional rants and needs to show emotions. And I dont know if you've read the descriptions by Linda Berens and Dario Nardi that description fits me about 80-85% to the INTP.

(And yes I understand that you didnt mean it that serious )

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I'm INTP and have a healthy dose of fairly developped Fi available to me. Although it's never dominant and always regulated by Ti.

This is seen from my strong sense of the illusion that is control. See what I did there? :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP

I've always loved history, and I loved seeing stuff from my mother's childhood or high school days, so I always saved things that I thought were cool, sort of as artifacts. I figured my children or nieces or nephews might get a kick out of it someday. But a lot of that stuff doesn't necessarily have sentimental value.

I'm sentimental about my grandparents, who are gone. I made sure to keep a few things that represented things we did together. I didn't care so much about having "stuff" that didn't represent anything. So I guess it's situational.

I don't get a kick out of being melancholy or anything. If I feel negative emotions, I try to make them go away. Most of my strong F friends seem to get mired down in the negative feelings, and let them take hold for a while. That would drive me nuts.
    Something Witty

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Most of the times I am sentimental, I'm not really sentimental but just don't have a clue, and am choosing the safe route, just in case.

Some of the times, when I am really sentimental, it's due to reflection and realization of false predictions.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I'm the same. I've always been known for not giving a crap about keeping my old records, art, writings, photos, toys, or anything that most people would keep for sentimental reasons. It's kind of bitten me in the ass here recently, because I've been looking for tokens from my past that might lend some insight to my type, and I don't have anything. Ah, well.
    +3

Not sentimental at all. Rather glad about that. Sentimentality is really lame and self-indulgent. I'm not melancholic either - not in that wistful way. I'm just a miserable sod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

I have some occasional sentimental memories or thoughts, but I don't keep objects for long. My parents kept my school yearbooks because I told them I was going to throw them away. The lack of attachment to objects and novelty only seems to increase with age. I quit watching TV entirely, in fact, I don't even own one.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

I don't like just sitting around being sentimental.. but I like good memories and feelings connected with smells. I usually enjoy that when it happens. Is that Si?? For example, I was at the store and I sniffed the kind of cologne my ex used to wear and all of a sudden I got all these memories and feelings about what I was doing then and what I felt like and what I was thinking. I usually don't remember stuff very well, so it's cool when I do.

But I don't like it when a song comes on that reminds me of my boyfriend cheating on me because then I get super pissed and want to cry and punch things... and I'm like TURN THIS GODDAMN SONG OFF