User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENXP

Default ENTP boy calling upon INFJ girlfriend for research

I'm an ENTP (don't trust my profile, I'm a medium-low E) who's in a relationship with whom I think is an INFJ, but who has some INTJ tendencies (which I think developed after meeting me, God bless).

I have a big debate coming up on Friday, and there are two moots. The first one has to do with a treaty between the Philippines and the 'States and the latter keeping their troops in the former, while the other moot has to do with social networking. I'm wondering how kosher it is of me to ask her for help; the relationship's recently treaded on some shifting sands, and what I've requested of her is to help me do research on the social networking topic. It's the way I've requested her, and as of twenty minutes ago her lack of response, that makes me wonder. When it comes to water, she's the current; I'm the sponge, and I'm asking her to reverse her role and effectively act like *my* extra brain, when it's effectively the mirror of her's.

I can't believe I'm asking this, but am I being too pushy?

MBTI
    ENTP

yes

PS = trying to get other people to do work for you is quite ENTP by the way.... .

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Isn't research more of an NTP expertise?

MBTI
    ENXP

So is procrastination :p

The rationale behind it is that she's in a tech class, so it'd be something she's interested in and/or has to know. And as I said, she makes the effort to improve her T. I figured she'd be fine with it.

MBTI
    INFJ

Insecurity is not MBTI material.

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

I'm just wondering if you have sort of a goal with the role reversal experimentation.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Almighty View Post
    So is procrastination :p

The rationale behind it is that she's in a tech class, so it'd be something she's interested in and/or has to know. And as I said, she makes the effort to improve her T. I figured she'd be fine with it.

Therefore it's OK for you to cheat on your moot and present someone elses research? Why not ask your tutor if it's OK, and then she can get merit for her own work?

MBTI
    ENXP

You don't understand, it's not cheating.

Firstly, I'm not seeing a rule against it. Secondly, we're all part of the Forensics (public speaking) team. Me and my partner (debate partner, not partner partner) are chosen to *represent* the team *during* the debate, however we work as a team for preparation. I will do research on the second moot, but not without finishing the first one; I've already have a number of ideas for how I'd treat the second moot, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

There are other events which are up and coming but the debate's the most recent.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Almighty View Post
    You don't understand, it's not cheating.

Firstly, I'm not seeing a rule against it. Secondly, we're all part of the Forensics (public speaking) team. Me and my partner (debate partner, not partner partner) are chosen to *represent* the team *during* the debate, however we work as a team for preparation.

There are other events which are up and coming but the debate's the most recent.
    You are still presenting another students work as your own. As I say ask your tutuor... (they can give you a definative answer).

Weather it constitutes as cheating or not, I'd still tell you to go whistle if I were her, it wouldn't be for me to do your work. I'd see that as an unreasonable request from you, its your work not mine after all - Id' tell you to go whistle.

At the end of the day she will either say yes, or no - it really isn't our call. But if she says no respect that and don't be a jerk, she a gf not an employee after all.

hope it goes well one way or another.

Lis

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

What? Why wouldn't you solicit her opinion? You didn't exactly tell her to do it; you asked for help.

And what does this have to do with MBTI? I'm pretty sure an INFJ is up to the daunting NT task of research.

I... suppose. Yeah!