• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTP boy calling upon INFJ girlfriend for research

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
I'm an ENTP (don't trust my profile, I'm a medium-low E) who's in a relationship with whom I think is an INFJ, but who has some INTJ tendencies (which I think developed after meeting me, God bless).

I have a big debate coming up on Friday, and there are two moots. The first one has to do with a treaty between the Philippines and the 'States and the latter keeping their troops in the former, while the other moot has to do with social networking. I'm wondering how kosher it is of me to ask her for help; the relationship's recently treaded on some shifting sands, and what I've requested of her is to help me do research on the social networking topic. It's the way I've requested her, and as of twenty minutes ago her lack of response, that makes me wonder. When it comes to water, she's the current; I'm the sponge, and I'm asking her to reverse her role and effectively act like *my* extra brain, when it's effectively the mirror of her's.

I can't believe I'm asking this, but am I being too pushy?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
yes

PS = trying to get other people to do work for you is quite ENTP by the way.... :).

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
So is procrastination :p

The rationale behind it is that she's in a tech class, so it'd be something she's interested in and/or has to know. And as I said, she makes the effort to improve her T. I figured she'd be fine with it.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
I'm just wondering if you have sort of a goal with the role reversal experimentation.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
So is procrastination :p

The rationale behind it is that she's in a tech class, so it'd be something she's interested in and/or has to know. And as I said, she makes the effort to improve her T. I figured she'd be fine with it.

Therefore it's OK for you to cheat on your moot and present someone elses research? Why not ask your tutor if it's OK, and then she can get merit for her own work?

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
You don't understand, it's not cheating.

Firstly, I'm not seeing a rule against it. Secondly, we're all part of the Forensics (public speaking) team. Me and my partner (debate partner, not partner partner) are chosen to *represent* the team *during* the debate, however we work as a team for preparation. I will do research on the second moot, but not without finishing the first one; I've already have a number of ideas for how I'd treat the second moot, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

There are other events which are up and coming but the debate's the most recent.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
You don't understand, it's not cheating.

Firstly, I'm not seeing a rule against it. Secondly, we're all part of the Forensics (public speaking) team. Me and my partner (debate partner, not partner partner) are chosen to *represent* the team *during* the debate, however we work as a team for preparation.

There are other events which are up and coming but the debate's the most recent.

You are still presenting another students work as your own. As I say ask your tutuor... (they can give you a definative answer).

Weather it constitutes as cheating or not, I'd still tell you to go whistle if I were her, it wouldn't be for me to do your work. I'd see that as an unreasonable request from you, its your work not mine after all - Id' tell you to go whistle.

At the end of the day she will either say yes, or no - it really isn't our call. But if she says no respect that and don't be a jerk, she a gf not an employee after all.

hope it goes well one way or another.

Lis

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
What? Why wouldn't you solicit her opinion? You didn't exactly tell her to do it; you asked for help.

And what does this have to do with MBTI? I'm pretty sure an INFJ is up to the daunting NT task of research.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
My INFJ girlfriend loves it whenever I ask her for help or imply in any way that I need her and can't get through something without her. It's great. xD

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
But if she says no respect that and don't be a jerk, she a gf not an employee after all.
That's no way to look at things......I think it's far more efficient to find a girlfriend who can do double duty as a secretary/research assistant/maid........is that so wrong? :devil:

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
My INFJ girlfriend loves it whenever I ask her for help or imply in any way that I need her and can't get through something without her. It's great. xD

Selflessness and self-sacrifice are traits I strongly admire.....in other people. ;)

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
Well, shit. We just broke up.

Last time I ever make that mistake :p

Anyway, thanks for the opinions guys. I'm understanding better what the forum is for.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Gotta think the break-up's been waiting in the wings for a while. No worries, lots of fish in the sea.

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
Gotta think the break-up's been waiting in the wings for a while. No worries, lots of fish in the sea.

No, no, it was, for sure.

But INFJ fish are certainly a delicacy that you can't overcook.

They're like tuna, I'm pretty sure they're slowly disappearing.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
No, no, it was, for sure.

But INFJ fish are certainly a delicacy that you can't overcook.

They're like tuna, I'm pretty sure they're slowly disappearing.

True enough. That's why you find yourself a nice ExTP girl for the rebound: lots of laughs, a good time, but in the end you're still hungry when then next INFJ comes around.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm sorry you broke up, but I still can't believe you'd ask anyone else to do your work for you....especially a girlfriend.

It's not ethical or polite, and that has nothing to do with type....good on her for having the backbone enough to refuse.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, shit. We just broke up.
Last time I ever make that mistake :p
Anyway, thanks for the opinions guys. I'm understanding better what the forum is for.

Hey the two things are not nessesarily related.

Sorry you've had a crappy day....

Lis