MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    NFs seek happiness in relationships with others

SPs seek happiness in sensory experiences and living life to the fullest.

SJs seek happiness in familiarity and order.

NTs are by far the most neurotic and messed up of all of them because they seek happiness in competency and control over there environment.

INTs try to gain mastery over an internal world.(See schizoid and Avoident personality disorder)

ENTs try to gain master over their external world.(Egomania and Compensatory Narcissism )

INTJs and ENTJs are different because there main functions are so different.

Te is very efficient and ruthless at whatever it sets its mind to, the problem being that it often never re-evaluates if its goals are really that good of an idea.

Ni is..... uhh.... somthing different than that.

You seem to be using a bizarrely narrow view of human nature.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

My dad is an intp, so I'm pretty used to the differences between the types

in general he's a bit calmer than I am (I fidget madly whenever I can) and signifigantly less likely to wonder outloud for 15 or so minutes what the pros and cons of getting a pet troll, or something equally impossible, would be (but burgalers would NEVER succeed!)

we'll both ponder purely theoretical ideas and properly analyze them and such, but you can easily tell which one of us is the introvert and which is the extrovert
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

The difference betweeen INTP and ENTP is that the INTP seems distant while the ENTP seems crazy. However the INTJ seems both distant and crazy, while the ENTJ is the NT that most seems like it can fit in with the normal humans. Sure those ENTJ's think crazy things too, but they can keep it in check better than the other NT's can.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I'm not sure I'd define the smirk in the same way, a mate of mine once described it when I was a teenager, as "a smile that seems like it didn't quite get teh joke, but will smile anyways, just to please you"...

I thought that was very sweet.

Tink gaps between E and I typs of
    xNTP
    xNTJ

Not nessesarily if they get on, most NT's get along OK, it's just the I and the E type seem to have a gap...
    I wasn't agreeing, actually. It's the juggling that makes me smile.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Based on observation of the people I know:

Profile of an ENTP with an optimized E:
    1. Comes from a rich family

2. Uses family resources to pursue his passion

3. Profession is related to that passion. And other sideline jobs are also related to that passion.

4. Has a very broad social network (i.e., connections)

Profile of an INTP that implodes in his introversion:
    1. Possibly comes from a non-affluent family.

2. Because of the family's financial standing, he cannot realistically pursue his passions. It's already hard (well, maybe not exactly hard, but it's not that easy) for an INTP to pursue his passions because of the Ti filtering.

3. May have started working early because of the family's status quo. Worse, that profession requires extensive Te.

4. If he's still in college, he's probably taking up a college degree where it's Te intensive, but because he thinks he's smart, he probably thinks that he can do well in it in the long run. Until eventually, he got drained.

5. Probably haven't learned MBTI yet. Hence, taking up the wrong degree.

6. If he lives in a ghetto community, he's probably feeling the pressure needed for social compliance by the community, which is probably SFJ in nature. It's already burdening to have the other factors listed above, and this one adds another layer on that.

Consider the ENTP guy above.
    Let's say he has this quirky expensive habit. Let's say photography. Everyone knows that this is a very expensive hobby. High end cameras cost higher than an optimized PC. And you'll also be needing an optimized PC for that.

In case that the regular SF acquaintance that he has isn't able to relate to the hobby, that ENTP guy can get in touch with his other contacts (which can also be quite affluent), that are possibly as quirky as him, and thus his extroversion is better practiced.

The INTP guy below isn't enjoying the same level of perks. Although the ghetto community may provide a significant number of acquaintance, they may not necessarily fall into the quirky NTP mode that the guy is oriented to.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    ENTP

Just saying, the pressure to act according to society's rules is higher in a poorer, or more ghetto family? I don't follow.

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Unvaluable Money has a habit of doing that.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    NFs seek happiness in relationships with others
    SPs seek happiness in sensory experiences and living life to the fullest.

SJs seek happiness in familiarity and order.

NTs are by far the most neurotic and messed up of all of them because they seek happiness in competency and control over there environment.

INTs try to gain mastery over an internal world.(See schizoid and Avoident personality disorder)

ENTs try to gain master over their external world.(Egomania and Compensatory Narcissism )

INTJs and ENTJs are different because there main functions are so different.

Te is very efficient and ruthless at whatever it sets its mind to, the problem being that it often never re-evaluates if its goals are really that good of an idea.

Ni is..... uhh.... somthing different than that.
    Hey VM,

don't let the thought police get you down... they are so special that they know that istead of discussing your opinions and dissagreeing with them - they choose to attack you .... NICE!

I agree with the bolded bit and don't really agree to much with the other bits....

Although technically you may have a point with the conditions, it would be via badly applied maths...

NT = c.5-10% of the population, depending on whos stats you will use...

In 1000 people that = 50
    INTx = 2% of the pop = 20 people
    ENTx = 3% of the pop = 30 people

So say any of the mental heal conditions map onto 10% of the population, within our INTx pop you'd expect 2 people to have a condition, and 3 people in the ENTx pop.....

In order to show elevation of the pop if you found 3 people in the INT population and 4 or 5 people in the ENT pop = it would mean these conditions are more prominant in these groups... the fact that the numbers are really shit and prone to sampling error is unlikel to be reported along with the statistics.... This is one of a few reasons I don't buy a pronounced correlation between mental illnes and MBTI. Hopefully you can follow and I've not screwed up.

Te may be ruthless, but I don't buy they don't reevaluate their goals.

And as I said don't let the thought police get to you, or they wll be chasitsing you for talking about the down side of personality types and feigning that everyone is only ever the nice side of the personallty thing - which is lame

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    My dad is an intp, so I'm pretty used to the differences between the types

in general he's a bit calmer than I am (I fidget madly whenever I can) and signifigantly less likely to wonder outloud for 15 or so minutes what the pros and cons of getting a pet troll, or something equally impossible, would be (but burgalers would NEVER succeed!)

we'll both ponder purely theoretical ideas and properly analyze them and such, but you can easily tell which one of us is the introvert and which is the extrovert
    I'm a mad figiter, I can be really calm especally in a storm.
    I think I have some of those INTP qualitiers too.

The fact you both ponder the intro v's the extro kind of indicates my point in the first post, that the two are simialr enough for ENTP/INTP