User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Bunch of off topic crap moved to the crap off topic thread.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    The only NT type that this rings particularly true for is ENTP, but yes, it's absolutely true for me as well.

I guess it is a weakness in a way, but it's also a strength. I have trouble self-motivating without other people to bounce ideas off of. I chalk it up to Ne never really knowing if its ideas are any good without external validation.
    Perhaps I'm a special case or something, but I totally disagree XD

People tend to distract me, and get in the way. They insist on fighting to do things in a poorly thought out way because of 'tradition' or some other silly ill-reasoned excuse.

Most of the time I find I *LEARN* faster when people are around, especially when teaching them, but... in terms of being 'productive'? No, I do that much better on my own, without people getting in the way, or trying to trust them with anything at all because they're just going to screw it up.

Hate group work so much... either A: I do all the work, or B: give them something small I don't think they can break, but they always find a way to screw it up anyway, or just don't do it at all, then I'm left missing something that needs done and should've just done it on my own int he first place anyway.

ThatGirl

I actually find other people distracting, unless I am in direct competition with them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

I had a coworker who was ENTP over the summer.

He did his best work when he had the coworkers nearby that he could talk to most. And he always had his headphones. And of course, if he wasn't teasing the lady across from him, nothing was going the right way.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    ENTP

For the most part, yes. Oddly enough, if I'm alone, I can't get any motivation and I draw way too much attention to myself. Being around other people working/creating helps me want to do the same. Especially in art classes.
    In my defense, I am a terrible person.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't need it, but I strongly prefer it.

What kind of work are you talking about?

MBTI
    ENXP

I need other people to be enthused, but there are times where noise helps and times where it hinders. At the very least, I need some good jazz going to get me chiiillled (this is where a Starbucks holds some appeal).

It's a bit of a balance. Brilliant people are brilliant to work with, and less-than-brilliant people are just fun to amaze. However, when crunch times comes around and I *need* to focus, I can't do it with people but I can do it with some background stimulation, like a podcast or a nice CD.

The best compensation would be a group project :p

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    ENTP

I'd agree with what both of you are saying. If I'm doing any kind of manual task, I need noise. However, if I am trying to do a manual task, and someone interrupts me with something that causes me to remove focus from the list of things I was doing, then I get SUPER irritated very quickly. It happened once when I was moving recently. I was like, "stop talking and let's just get this bullshit done! Then we can talk about whatever."

When I was younger, my parents used to make fun of me because I would have the TV on, the radio on, the computer on, and I'd be reading a book with all this chaos around. But if they came into say something to me, I would get really snappy.

I like getting my math homework done in the library, but if someone keeps trying to talk to me while I'm doing the work, I'll get pissed.

If I'm writing, I need music on. If I'm cleaning, I need music on. Hell, I need music on always.

MBTI
    ENTP

It truly depends on what kind of work I'm trying to get done.

With most of my work, however, I do prefer to bounce ideas off of other people.
    If you were to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?