• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT Extroverts - Do you need other people around to be most productive?

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
Maybe this isn't an NT thing, but instead a trend happening to a majority of our culture who are now getting used to having this consistent media exposure to work.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
This is embarrassing, because it feels like a form of weakness, but I have a lot of difficulty getting work done if people aren't there. I don't need to talk to them or know them or involve them or anything. I just need them around and visible or else my brain turns to sludge.

Does anyone else get ten times more work done around people than alone? Should I buy some cardboard cutouts?

I am absolutely the same way........working alone is torture for me. I need people to bounce ideas off of, and provide excitement and motivation.

When an idea hits, the first thing I need to do is call someone who's opinion I trust and flesh it out and bounce it off of them 100 different ways.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
I am exactly the other way around . (if we generalize)

That's no shock......most INTJ's i've ever known have to lock the door and bolt it when they get down to work.....DO NOT DISTURB!

In fact INTJ's seem the MOST 'DO NOT DISTURB OR DIE!' folks of any of the types.

One of my best friends is an INTJ........so we meet and I bounce ideas off of him like crazy........then when he's exhausted with that he locks the door and really hammers out the ideas we discussed in to something resembling coherent form........when he presents me with that and I bounce away some more.

It actually works as a pretty good process........he gets ideas and perspectives he wouldn't have gotten on his own.......and I get the benefit of his singular vision and work ethic.