• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Do ENTP's get attached quickly?

No, getting attached to people is really hard for me. I can become "pals" with someone real quick and have fun with them, but there is little real emotional attachment on my end.

Do they feel it is really hard for people to "understand" them?

For the most part yes. I've learned that most of the time people don't want to take time to learn all the details, so I've trained myself to give a quick watered down version as my initial response to anything and then see if the person is still interested in learning more. If a person wanted to know the real me then, they'd have to be willing to be exposed to my thought process.

Is it unusual for an ENTP to be artistic above "thinking and rational"?

Most definitely. :yes: Intuition is in the driver's seat, and that is what decides what needs to be done. Intuition has two advisors: thinking and feeling. I like to go to thinking first to see what he comes up with, but sometimes he just doesn't have what it takes to get the job done. Then I need to go to feeling to help me out. So if intuition invents an artistic type job it wants done, then feeling plays a much more important role then it normally would in decision making.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Do ENTP's get attached quickly?

As mentioned, not particularly. When it comes to people, we're eternal tourists. We might be impressed by them at first, but out of sight, out of mind for the most part.

An ENTP is never going to fall in love at first sight, for example. He or she will rationalize out of that way too early in the process.

Do they feel it is really hard for people to "understand" them?

You have no idea. Imagine being a tour guide of someone else's house, giving that person the tour. That's what it can feel like - you're really excited about the world we live in and all the cool things involved in it, but another person will think you're just making a huge deal out of the most mundane thing.

There's also the "universal benificence" thing that most people don't get. To put it in less flattering terms, we really assume the best of you until you've given us a reason not to. Not only that, but we assume you do the same of us. Consequently, whenever others interpret our statements to be potshots at them, it leaves us confused and wondering what the hell happened.

Along the same lines, most people do not realize that we do not make statements that judge others' character. Those determinations are entirely internal, and kept to ourselves. Statements we make that seem like such usually are opinions on the consequences of a person's behavior.

Is it unusual for an ENTP to be artistic above "thinking and rational"?

I'm not sure. I'd guess it's related to which particular sensory/motor center a person is strongest in.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
How does it feel to be ignored?

I spent the majority of my weekend with ESTP and INFP friends, so I was more comfortable than usual when it came to blurting out whatever came to my mind.

Then I ran into people I sort of knew and decided to have dinner with them; they didn't react the same way, actually quite the opposite. They didn't react- at all. Then I began to think they were ignoring me.

I felt like I was delivering jokes on stage to a bad audience.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
You can yell at me, argue, hurt me, laugh at me, offend me, but when people start to ignore me, it's way more worse than all of the above

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
:rolli:who said that :rolli:

:D

I did! :D The thing is, that when people ignore you there's no way how to prove you're right. But when they do all the things i mentioned before, you always have a chance to violate them back, mentally of course :D

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I did! :D The thing is, that when people ignore you there's no way how to prove you're right. But when they do all the things i mentioned before, you always have a chance to violate them back, mentally of course :D

Ah, so we are getting to the nub, it's all about being right, so NT....:D

LOL, I do it too, NT we need to learn to embrace wrongess

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
How does it feel to be ignored?

I agree with the above posters. I feel very, very bad when I'm ignored. I want feedback!
Oh, I don't really need to prove I'm right. But I want to be either right or wrong! I want you to argue if you think I'm wrong. I want to discuss.
If you prove me wrong, I will gladly say so and thank you for correcting me. I even prefer that to people agreeing to make me feel better or something.
But I want interaction. I want to be heard. I want you to find my opinions interesting enough to either agree or disagree.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
A question for ENTPs
What do you think of ENTJs, INTPs and INTJs?

INTPs: I have this impression...

ENTPs are more extraverted versions of me. They don't need to get away from socializing. They go out rather than spend time reading or writing. They don't look back to how they interacted with other people and fear they didn't do it well enough.

INTPs are more introverted versions of me. They don't need external input to function. They are more independent. They don't blurt out inconsistencies. They won't initiate contact. They don't like to speak for a public and be the center of attention. They don't need the reassurance from other people to know they are interesting. Instead of looking back how they interacted with other people, they feel awkward at the moment of the interaction itself.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
ENTPs are more extraverted versions of me. They don't need to get away from socializing. They go out rather than spend time reading or writing. They don't look back to how they interacted with other people and fear they didn't do it well enough.

Oh yes they do, and sometimes I look back at the situations too. But I guess it's also because I'm only approx. 60% extrovert.

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
innovation.jpg

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
They don't look back to how they interacted with other people and fear they didn't do it well enough.

I suppose? I mean, in some of those awful self-conscious moments, I'll wonder if what I said did more harm than good, but I'm usually focused on satisfying the future through the present moment.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

You mean ENTJ, right?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP

Oh yes they do, and sometimes I look back at the situations too. But I guess it's also because I'm only approx. 60% extrovert.

You mean ENTJ, right?

You convinced me :-D From now on, I'll wear that ENTP badge proudly and not doubt about the E part of my personality!

A new question!

I always feel the need to be productive, somehow, with "productive" meaning working out ideas and doing all those nice things I'm always imagining I would do when given some free time. Free time is time to be productive. If I spend my free time playing games or socializing, I will get frustrated because time just goes away without any "results". Doing things that need to be done doesn't count towards "productivity" either. If I work the whole day, I have the impression I've done nothing at all, even if the house is cleaned and a meal is cooked and the lessons are prepared.

Is this a general ENTP thing or is it just me?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
can eating a whole bag of baby carrots affect me badly, like killing me of vitamin A poisoning or something? :huh:

and what toppings should I put on my pizza?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
should ENTPs date other ENTPs?
Why not?
No, really... why decide on type when it comes to dating?
Stick to the one with who you feel at ease. There exists something like love, you know...
(Of course, I'll recommend an ESTJ, but my view is scandalously subjective on this.)