• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What happens when two ENTPs date?

What about an ENTP and an ENFP?

Is there a nuclear explosion involved? Does it ever work out?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

What about an ENTP and an ENFP?

Is there a nuclear explosion involved? Does it ever work out?

If only anyone lived to tell the tale........

A

A window to the soul

ENTPs, have you seen this article? What do you think of it?
http://pleasebeniceto.me/2011/11/caring-for-your-entp/

I think it's pretty clever. The following snippet is hilarious!
If your primary mode of interaction depends on exchanges of social currency, you would be well advised to curb such behavior or return your ENTP to the pet store. If you are an ESFJ, be sure to demand your money back by screaming at the shop clerk, and don’t forget to knock over a stack of reptile cages in a huff on your way out.

This is especially true for me...
Don’t make your ENTP angry.

If your ENTP has done something to upset you, they can be trained easily with clear and direct communication of what they have done and how the issue can be resolved. They may be sensitive in this arena, so be sure to express your concern in as reasonable a manner as possible; if your concern is expressed in an emotional or immature fashion, the ENTP will likely default to Fe (against their will) and will lash out or disengage entirely from your relationship. The ENTP likes to engage in problem-solving and will approach any disagreement well from this angle, using the preferred functions of Ne and Ti.

If you have wronged the ENTP and the issue is addressed, they will be relatively forgiving, although they do not tend to forget things easily. On the other hand, if you have deliberately done something to harm or upset your ENTP, or have wronged someone they care about, you are really in for it. Your best course of action in such a scenario is to find a new circle of friends. Whether the ENTP intends to engage in such behavior or not, you will become socially destroyed if you dare to attack within its protected range.

:ng_mad:

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP

Great article. So fun to read and they did a great job of explaining things too. I don't recall finding any glaring mistakes (which is odd, nothing to argue with :cry: ) and that's unusual for any 'descriptions' of ENTP.

But, I don't think another ENTP in the room would automatically become competition. Bah. I'd be too lost in the give and take and laughing to worry about who is being looked at. Silly. They're right about us not meeting others of our kind often though.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP

Great article. So fun to read and they did a great job of explaining things too. I don't recall finding any glaring mistakes (which is odd, nothing to argue with :cry: ) and that's unusual for any 'descriptions' of ENTP.

But, I don't think another ENTP in the room would automatically become competition. Bah. I'd be too lost in the give and take and laughing to worry about who is being looked at. Silly. They're right about us not meeting others of our kind often though.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Right, so "leaving the page" posts the post and "staying on the page" posts the post. Got it. My decision actually means squat.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Would you date an INTP? (Not necessarily me, just any INTP). Or would we bore you to tears?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Would you date an INTP? (Not necessarily me, just any INTP). Or would we bore you to tears?

Absolutely!

I've been around many for a long time and the last thing I've been is bored.

A

A window to the soul

Yeah. :) I think the tumultuousness level in the room will vary by conversation topic.

[MENTION=7197]Antimony[/MENTION], take a look at this; from the article posted earlier:

Exercise caution with other ENTPs.

ENTPs are rare and dynamic creatures who are generally unused to interacting with others of their own kind. Ever self-analytical, the ENTP resents its own flaws and sees them readily in others. As such, two ENTPs in close proximity may butt heads if they possess key differences or view issues through different prisms of rationality.

ENTPs are also used to shining in a room full of people and drawing energy from their engagement and attention. As such, two ENTPs in the same group may inadvertently exhaust each other when attempting to act as a magnet for the “three ions” mentioned above.

Two ENTPs who are on the same wavelength, on the other hand, can collaborate to form a superconductor of creative, inventive energy. ENTPs who really, really dig each other should be highly encouraged for the dynamic effect they have on the world around them.

Qre:us

Can you stand at rejection?

Depends. Rejection can be a humbling life lesson. And there are moments in life when it benefits to acknowledge the rejection and learn from it. And accept it, the word, "no." However, there is a tendency to not accept defeat, to re-work a situation to still somehow work out in one's favour. One-upmanship. This is a really great self-preserving trait, if applied with self-awareness and humility. I.e., not always.

do you have paranoia or megalomania?

No, and, no.

On average, in my experience, paranoia seems more common in Js. There's a benefit in being a perceiver, to be open to more information and easily adapting to such new information. Rather that quickly arriving at a decisive conclusion, and needing to be convinced away from that conclusion reached.

As for megalomania - There is an elevated sense of evaluating one's ability versus evaluating other's ability using a decisely lower scale ( which, apparently, is the hubris of all of us, not just ENTP). And added with a positive outlook - I can do/be anything if I put my mind to it . But not as extreme as a megalomaniac.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Depends. Rejection can be a humbling life lesson. And there are moments in life when it benefits to acknowledge the rejection and learn from it. And accept it, the word, "no." However, there is a tendency to not accept defeat, to re-work a situation to still somehow work out in one's favour. One-upmanship. This is a really great self-preserving trait, if applied with self-awareness and humility. I.e., not always.
I do that. But frankly I did end up fixing most of the impossible challenges and such life has thrown at me so far. It's difficult to see ppl not believing i can do it though. At the same time there is a certain motivating factor in it.
I still have difficulties to this day dealing with unwillingness to evolve from other ppl, as i think we all have in ourselves to push ourselves and grow. Fake it until you make it or whatever other expression fits the situation.

No, and, no.

On average, in my experience, paranoia seems more common in Js. There's a benefit in being a perceiver, to be open to more information and easily adapting to such new information. Rather that quickly arriving at a decisive conclusion, and needing to be convinced away from that conclusion
What if that belief that percievers are better at adapting to new information was all a lie!

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Can you stand at rejection?

Not sure if I'm supposed to yes or no my ability to stand at attention or continue on my feet if rejected. So, yes, I can stand at attention. And, yes, I can continue upright when rejected.

If [MENTION=5645]Qrious[/MENTION] was right in guessing you wanted to know how we handle rejection, then I don't do it well, I'm afraid. At first, I try to tweak my approach at whatever rejected me. Fix it. Adapt to something, whatever is necessary. Once I've done all I can think of though, then moving on is much, much easier. It wouldn't make sense at all to continue trying.

do you have paranoia or megalomania?

I'm not paranoid, but I've been called that. I do things to cover contingencies. Like fix my windows to where they'll only open enough to get plenty of air, but no one could fit through. Things like that. I prefer to not have to think about that crap, so I cover it, that's all.

As for the megalomania, um, I'd need that one to be clarified a bit. If I appear so, it's usually always to get a laugh. I am hard, very hard, to discourage however. Love those challenges.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is there anything you aren't good at?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Is there anything you aren't good at?

Tons of things.

- Being someone who works off stress by cleaning the house.

- Being someone who cleans the house.

- Noticing the house needs cleaning.

- Giving a shit that the house needs cleaning.

I really need to clean the house. I think I'll start with the living room and see how I feel after that.

- I'm bad at being able to stop my mind when I should. Meaning that I find it practically impossible to shut it off even when it's to my benefit. I just end up thinking and analyzing about that instead then going off on thoughtful connected tangents.

- I'm bad at coming up with definitive lists of things I'm bad at because I see things in a future sense. I can be shit at something right now, sure, but bad at it? That's just because I'm not done learning it yet.

- Being able to find my typoc blog.

- I'm bad at being a girl.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Heh. I can never find it to post in it.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tons of things.

- Being someone who works off stress by cleaning the house.

- Being someone who cleans the house.

- Noticing the house needs cleaning.

- Giving a shit that the house needs cleaning.

I really need to clean the house. I think I'll start with the living room and see how I feel after that.

- I'm bad at being able to stop my mind when I should. Meaning that I find it practically impossible to shut it off even when it's to my benefit. I just end up thinking and analyzing about that instead then going off on thoughtful connected tangents.

- I'm bad at coming up with definitive lists of things I'm bad at because I see things in a future sense. I can be shit at something right now, sure, but bad at it? That's just because I'm not done learning it yet.

- Being able to find my typoc blog.

- I'm bad at being a girl.

Sounds like you should get a maid... ;)