• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

Cloudpuppy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Take a deep breath, exhale slowly. I think you just experienced the classic ENTP stress response, and the major stressor might be school (not you).

ENTP's have a tendency to take on too much, become overwhelmed, and take it out on the people that mean the most to them that can throw them a lifeline, but don't. What is the lifeline? Well, since the ENTP hidden agenda according to socionics is to be loved, I'm guessing if you can speak to an ENTP in their love language you're golden. Generally, that's going to entail giving the ENTP a little space, pay attention to his physical needs, have a listening ear if he wants to talk about his stressors, offer non-patronizing support, and words of affirmation.

I wouldn't spend too much time over-analyzing or harboring an ENTP's hurtful words or actions that are a product of severe stress. Have confidence around your stressed-out ENTP, be positive, and he'll pull through quickly! :)

Thank you kindly for your reply! I really appreciate it.

He actually came over today and we had a discussion about it. It appeared that he got hurt and took a big step back, but now it's all okay again between us. Besides... "Let's live and see what happens" is what he said. :)

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTPs, why do you refuse to believe that other people can be evil or wish you harm?

A

A window to the soul

Thank you kindly for your reply! I really appreciate it.

He actually came over today and we had a discussion about it. It appeared that he got hurt and took a big step back, but now it's all okay again between us.
You are welcome! That's great news! You have a history together, so I don't think he's going anywhere unless he thinks you're stringing him along or not being real.

Besides... "Let's live and see what happens" is what he said. :)
It's back on. :)
:hifive:

Fleeting

MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTPs, why do you refuse to believe that other people can be evil or wish you harm?

I think that it's mostly just not really being aware. I'm usually so caught up in my mind that I don't look for anything. I always assume that things will turn out all right in the end, because they usually do, even if there are dips in the road. There isn't anything that I haven't been able to adapt to or figure out. People fooling me or doing harm to me is such a small, unimportant set back. It's about as important as remembering to turn on the light when I'm reading. Sure, I'll usually be reading in the dark, but somebody will come along and tell me the light's off. :p Details.

Funny thing is, I've noticed that anytime anyone has meant ill will towards me, they usually get theirs, and I didn't even have to lift a finger. I don't know why this happens.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear entp's, i would like you to tell me what romance is to your perspective. (for clarity, the classical time lasting kind.)
and then, i would also like to hear how you would define it were you the god of dictionaries.
may i have an answers.. o¸o?

oh wait.. i just asked the same question twice, now let me ask you the real second question: what is your private definition of romance? (the one where your not observant but the master.)

Fleeting

MBTI Type
ENTP
Dear entp's, i would like you to tell me what romance is to your perspective. (for clarity, the classical time lasting kind.)
and then, i would also like to hear how you would define it were you the god of dictionaries.

oh wait.. i just asked the same question twice, now let me ask you the real second question: what is your private definition of romance? (the one where your not observant but the master.)

Sure. I'm more colourful than most, due to environmental factors. Therefore, my experience is not a rule, but a possible exception.

I plan to be with my husband and learn with him and improve together indefinitely. It's really great to find somebody who fits with you, even if you might have opposing qualities. Somehow, it becomes a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. Our views mesh very well, and we complement each other perfectly. I think he's an INFJ.

In observing the structure of current societal norms, however, I'm a bit disgusted by the lack of loyalty and general careless regard that is increasingly shown. I don't think that we need to necessarily adopt traditional views, but it seems senseless to purposely attack each other, or to deceive each other without reason. We should all be working towards betterment of ourselves and our environments, and that goes with our partnerships as well.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

Who said we don't I believe this constantly (mostly the cause me harm part) but I have a strong 6 fix, so it makes sense.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In observing the structure of current societal norms, however, I'm a bit disgusted by the lack of loyalty general careless regard that is increasingly shown. I don't think that we need to necessarily adopt traditional views, but it seems senseless to purposely attack each other, or to deceive each other without reason. We should all be working towards betterment of ourselves and our environments, and that goes with our partnerships as well.

100%

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sure. I'm more colourful than most, due to environmental factors. Therefore, my experience is not a rule, but a possible exception.

I plan to be with my husband and learn with him and improve together indefinitely. It's really great to find somebody who fits with you, even if you might have opposing qualities. Somehow, it becomes a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. Our views mesh very well, and we complement each other perfectly. I think he's an INFJ.

In observing the structure of current societal norms, however, I'm a bit disgusted by the lack of loyalty and general careless regard that is increasingly shown. I don't think that we need to necessarily adopt traditional views, but it seems senseless to purposely attack each other, or to deceive each other without reason. We should all be working towards betterment of ourselves and our environments, and that goes with our partnerships as well.

i still dont understand what romance means to Fe's, especially to entp's who are rather rebellious with their Fe always forging a new path.

environmental factors play a role in relation to your personality and its growth, for example i made a promise to myself at age of 8 which ive kept my whole life. that was, to be a good person, and such life lasting devotion as this may come in huge variety and what choices are semi unrelated to your personality. as well, it were the environmental factors which caused me to make this promise to myself.

those factors were: other kids never seemed to get bored to the repetition of their activities, which made me grew mature at faster pace as id have much more time left for pondering while other kids were and still to this day my age generation is significantly behind myself, which explains why i rarely find anything in common with them apart from physical age.

even those of same personalities are only to be expected to be different from one another, while sharing much same preference in deeper level. like istp's might think they are different to another one but we intuitives can see the deeper relation between istp actresses and istp car mechanics for example.

as do i too strive for the optimized state in everything too, the search of infinite growth. however, i see its merely an illusion caused by the fact how impossible it is to maintain a perfect state for something which is dynamic. and that, is human brain which renews itself rather plentiful of times in our lives.

its possible to define perfect, by saying its the state where settings in brains are maximized to the individuals preferences according to what is physically possible. as such, i would consider the perfect state where the paradox of growth and destruction is maintained perfectly without flaws, which exists in the first place for us to cope with a dynamic environment called life.

i know what Fe romance is to those with Se rather than Ne preference, but it baffles me how an Ne with Fe would cope with the heavily Se dominated romance field while still having no choice but to share said Fe with them. (like what you do to make the romance interesting without excess use of surfacial feature obsessing like fetishes, or sensation obsessing as you mentioned, betrayal is the most frequent of Se + Fe when looking at statistics. what kind of solutions you invent to these, and you teach your solutions to other Fe users?)

im also fully aware of the AAAA + BABB combinations tendency to repair flaws caused by the life paradox of the other individuals, creating a perfect balance.
my second favourite paradox might be, however i only poses few encounters myself with, is AAAA + ABAA, which can create a perfect flawless energizer paradox like enfp + esfp as long as both are mature enough to love their 4th function. in this for example, both wants to talk forever as it energizes them, and as it happens, the other person is a perfect conversation match who absolutely loves everything you say, do and express, not to mention the flawless communication and the paradox of infinite fountain of energy source this combination causes. especially if both are fluent in self expression, it can have only two ways this combination ends: time ran out in the external world, too bad. or if not that, then an atomic explosion of human energy. or sleep deprivation, horrible headache to both for being too energetic after talking 30+ hours nonstop. (better than crack, but crack is safer.) i would recommend to keep a health check when encountering this combination! its only dangerous to your health. but so sweet. oh so sweet.. sweet cider. mhh sweet cider... you dont want to know where cider is made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cakkDjbBKmg&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLSqflNYiSw30n5cATFX4VTA

i betetr stop writing before ive written a novel =S...

do you believe entp + infj is the _______ couple, perhaps you were made to reform Fe of societies for both Ne and Se Fe users? (forgot the word, the whatever word used to describe people who form the new standards at some specific area. for example, i held and constructed a russian music show in one radio which was a new concept to this radio channel, to have foreign music shows. and they called me with that word for doing so. whatever the word is.. -.- hate it when this happens.)

could you for example describe what elements the best romance/romantic moments requires to be called the best?

also i have one another question to add onto the pile of these ones: what is the purpose of life? (no 42's, be original here.)

lol i wish this were true

it would bear truth if T section was replaced with that of an F.
and btw, its not nice being blind to istj predators, saying from experience. and not to mention sensors who attack me physically without any reason.

if i see no point in abusing others in any form, its easy to forget others might not be smart enough to reach the same conclusion.. (i have to remind myself every day that our specie is messed up so as to not forget it.)

Fleeting

MBTI Type
ENTP
i still dont understand what romance means to Fe's, especially to entp's who are rather rebellious with their Fe always forging a new path.

environmental factors play a role in relation to your personality and its growth, for example i made a promise to myself at age of 8 which ive kept my whole life. that was, to be a good person, and such life lasting devotion as this may come in huge variety and what choices are semi unrelated to your personality. as well, it were the environmental factors which caused me to make this promise to myself.

those factors were: other kids never seemed to get bored to the repetition of their activities, which made me grew mature at faster pace as id have much more time left for pondering while other kids were and still to this day my age generation is significantly behind myself, which explains why i rarely find anything in common with them apart from physical age.

even those of same personalities are only to be expected to be different from one another, while sharing much same preference in deeper level. like istp's might think they are different to another one but we intuitives can see the deeper relation between istp actresses and istp car mechanics for example.

as do i too strive for the optimized state in everything too, the search of infinite growth. however, i see its merely an illusion caused by the fact how impossible it is to maintain a perfect state for something which is dynamic. and that, is human brain which renews itself rather plentiful of times in our lives.

its possible to define perfect, by saying its the state where settings in brains are maximized to the individuals preferences according to what is physically possible. as such, i would consider the perfect state where the paradox of growth and destruction is maintained perfectly without flaws, which exists in the first place for us to cope with a dynamic environment called life.

i know what Fe romance is to those with Se rather than Ne preference, but it baffles me how an Ne with Fe would cope with the heavily Se dominated romance field while still having no choice but to share said Fe with them. (like what you do to make the romance interesting without excess use of surfacial feature obsessing like fetishes, or sensation obsessing as you mentioned, betrayal is the most frequent of Se + Fe when looking at statistics. what kind of solutions you invent to these, and you teach your solutions to other Fe users?)

im also fully aware of the AAAA + BABB combinations tendency to repair flaws caused by the life paradox of the other individuals, creating a perfect balance.
my second favourite paradox might be, however i only poses few encounters myself with, is AAAA + ABAA, which can create a perfect flawless energizer paradox like enfp + esfp as long as both are mature enough to love their 4th function. in this for example, both wants to talk forever as it energizes them, and as it happens, the other person is a perfect conversation match who absolutely loves everything you say, do and express, not to mention the flawless communication and the paradox of infinite fountain of energy source this combination causes. especially if both are fluent in self expression, it can have only two ways this combination ends: time ran out in the external world, too bad. or if not that, then an atomic explosion of human energy. or sleep deprivation, horrible headache to both for being too energetic after talking 30+ hours nonstop. (better than crack, but crack is safer.) i would recommend to keep a health check when encountering this combination! its only dangerous to your health. but so sweet. oh so sweet.. sweet cider. mhh sweet cider... you dont want to know where cider is made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cakkDjbBKmg&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLSqflNYiSw30n5cATFX4VTA

i betetr stop writing before ive written a novel =S...

do you believe entp + infj is the _______ couple, perhaps you were made to reform Fe of societies for both Ne and Se Fe users? (forgot the word, the whatever word used to describe people who form the new standards at some specific area. for example, i held and constructed a russian music show in one radio which was a new concept to this radio channel, to have foreign music shows. and they called me with that word for doing so. whatever the word is.. -.- hate it when this happens.)

could you for example describe what elements the best romance/romantic moments requires to be called the best?

also i have one another question to add onto the pile of these ones: what is the purpose of life? (no 42's, be original here.)

I've flip flopped on this issue too much, over-analyzed it, tried to observe my thought processes and feelings. I think I feel too deeply, and too much, to be an ENTP, and I think too deeply, and too much, to be an ENFP. Heck, I could even be an INFP, which almost makes sense, except that I'm not a perfectionist, I'm always jumping around from one thing to the next, and I'm really enthusiastic and energetic. And an extrovert. I think. But, I'm keeping it as is because this is how I'll portray myself, rules be damned.

You're over-thinking types, and becoming distanced from the real issues. People are far more complex than a list of traits, and act differently depending on different situations. It's best to look at a person as an individual and try to sort it out from there. How do people act in romantic situations? They love each other. And that plays out differently for different people, and you generally know what you're getting into when you get to know the person.

A

A window to the soul

A zillion breezy notions. :)

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've flip flopped on this issue too much, over-analyzed it, tried to observe my thought processes and feelings. I think I feel too deeply, and too much, to be an ENTP, and I think too deeply, and too much, to be an ENFP. Heck, I could even be an INFP, which almost makes sense, except that I'm not a perfectionist, I'm always jumping around from one thing to the next, and I'm really enthusiastic and energetic. And an extrovert. I think. But, I'm keeping it as is because this is how I'll portray myself, rules be damned.

You're over-thinking types, and becoming distanced from the real issues. People are far more complex than a list of traits, and act differently depending on different situations. It's best to look at a person as an individual and try to sort it out from there. How do people act in romantic situations? They love each other. And that plays out differently for different people, and you generally know what you're getting into when you get to know the person.

i think too much too, but in the end i know i could never enjoy a life without deep feelings.
i flip my personality too much too, and trying to figure how i can maintain a state of single personality.
ive reasoned completely cold logical reasons to live only to flip once again into something else where all the reasoning i spent years, months on become obsolete.
neutrality pays a price, when you learn to appreciate too many things, giving up becomes hard.
im coping by forming a structure of self understanding through translation of neuroscience and psychology into tools of self understanding, helps me figure what personality im on. controversially, when i flip on infp i have the clearest self understanding of all other flips i do, which makes everything in life seem like a fantasy of pain. as painful feelings are enjoyable when you know how to appreciate them. but, in infp mode my sight becomes extremely short, its as if i were mentally decapitated, only able to see what my eyes allow me to see. which would be explained by the Ne > Si relationship on infp loop. Pe controlling over Pi means Pi is slave of the Pi, for personalities not used to such, its as if you suddenly lost control of your perception completely, unable to shape it to your will.

also the clarity would be explained by the fact im an extro, and intro perspective makes alone time less confusing.

also i dont see how infp correlates to perfection, as the personality itself can have a very laidback view as they can just sit back and enjoy the fantasy of life.

i actually watched transformers when i were flipped in infp mode, and it felt as immersive as if i were a child again, able to enjoy it completely and more than just completely.

for enfps, Te > Si relation can give a perfectionist attitude as how it manifests on me when im flipped there, is a heavy focus in scientific self understanding which gives me a momentary clarity on self understanding until i get another thought.
also heavily related to enfps reputation as silver tongues, to back up the felxibility with a perfectionists attitude for word choices and structures of expressions, both verbal and the rest.
(i suspect Fe > Si relation gives the kind of this is pointless, but the external world gives me a sense of peace, and purpose world view.)

contributing to my flips off from enfp would be, when i get successful enough with openness to feelings.. i will soon enough face the depressive feelings for which i anyways am experiencing major physical symptoms even if i choose to ignore them...

actually individualism is an illusion. we are nothing but machines, and these machines arent too complex to be studied. sure a machine can never have enough power to understand itself completely, but that isnt to say it couldnt map the key attributes which play role in each of us machines. in the end game, we have very little control over the circuits, and that control which we do have can be mapped to give an elaborate view on humans mental capabilities of self control.
ironically, said by an 4w3. just, one who understands what it really takes to achieve maximum individualism. which is, by abandoning ego you gain the highest self understanding, as you arent blinded by what you strive to be, but rather can see how you can be even more by understanding yourself more. for example, i dont have to ponder if feeling something is possible, if i can do it, then that alone proves its possibles. like experiences of "divine" or the like, all you really need to have such is accept the fact that you can do it if you can do it.

you would mistake my motives for doing what i do if you assume i did it for myself.
generally understanding how others communicate allows me to better understand how to have good time with them and not to mention, for self defense i monitor their internal functions to see if they keep parts of them for themselves in a suspicious(controlled) way. which is a sign of manipulation, something ive started to recognize quite easily after integrating mbti theory into deeper understanding level. well, bad experiences with istj's motivate me, for destroying my hope in our specie. (ok yes i actually do it all just for myself, its hard enough for me to learn to keep something for myself as it is.. but knowing im no good to anyone if i burn myself out is the other side of coin. you cant have happiness for self without being selfless, and selfless cant be happy without also being selfish. you must be both, its the only path for complete happiness.)

ive also learned to asses my thoughts more realistically, no more am i desperately trying to hang to fleeting thoughts stressing myself with the overwhelming burden of craving on every valuable thought. valuable thoughts come and go, thats just how it is and their true value comes from your ability to adapt that value into yourself. something which isnt easy..

like when you get into a stream of thought flow, i could say im unlikely to really remember any but the most recent of them, and by knowing my real capabilities to remember, i can actually make something useful out of it with knowledge of my limited focus available.

or like how i realized ive been researching things for months, but as soon as i find my way to the gold, instead of reaping the rewards.. i instantly abandon the project of self development in that section and jump onto next self development idea, never really developing myself due the fact im only doing it for the sake of middle steps.

but yes, now i can assess more realistically what i really gain out of it.

also the core fact remains, why i assume myself as a should be enfp is due as going total no control silly is the only thing which energizes me, apart from playing linguistic games of self expression, which too could be considered silly.
what more to add, real time communicating or simulating real time communication also does, as long as i feel no pressure due expectations from the other side.

not to mention... i can have all these thoughts which make complete sense of myself, explaining every feeling of pressure inside my head related to different neuroscientific processes doing what they do, knowing precisely what my brains are computing.. WHOPS a new thought, all that crystal clear momentary self understanding goneh <.< .. which reminds me of how infj's complain their inability to bring their genious out, which i know full well for once being in infj loop for a short span which.. made me feel like a genious jailed inside a mind he cant express outwards. logically, it'd make perfect sense that enfps have it the other way.

where esfp's say "ohlookabutterfly!", well, enfps.. humm.. yeah what was i saying? that. or, my inability to actually finish writing the posts i write on forums, aka why offline communication isnt good for me.

the thing is, i can never see my posts as finished. i always get something more to add when i try to bring myself into accepting its done... i should switch to real time communication -.- .. where this is actually a strength, not a weakness. tends to give me time to be that silver tongue with slower paced individuals, and keep the flow with no matter who im with.

ok, im seriously now stopping writing. (while i know there were plenty of thoughts i would have still wanted to have -.-)

also a good way to figure out your true self is.. find the state of mind which you feel most like yourself in, whats the cause of it? for me: when im talking one on one with someone whom i dont have to hold myself back at all with.

A zillion breezy notions. :)

sorry.. what? O_O

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15003]Vilku[/MENTION]

Is it your personality 'flipping'? Is it really..

Or might it be your mind seeking different sources to bounce your Ti off your intuition and these external stimuli happen to be just what you're meant to seek and interact with ?

..Just something to think about.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15003]Vilku[/MENTION]

Is it your personality 'flipping'? Is it really..

Or might it be your mind seeking different sources to bounce your Ti off your intuition and these external stimuli happen to be just what you're meant to seek and interact with ?

..Just something to think about.

personality is just a result of cognitive functions interacting with its environment and processing some gathered information inside, possibly giving the feeling of having power over environment for who you became, but in the end your nothing but a machine reacting with its environment the way it was built.

i find the activity of verbally interacting with my environment as it not only seeds results on my linguistical skills, but as well allows me to recharge and that gives me the power to map my internal processing, such as developing core methods of linguistical processing which results in higher quality output as well as quicker progress to time ratio for long term learned skills.

i suspect Ti might not be my natural preferance, but rather a resulting change from a lifetime of having painful feelings, then finally escaping them as well as forgetting how to have the good feelings. if you would like to know, these feelings im referring to are as following: from around age 9 and forth, food became tasteless and from around 13 and forth nearly always getting a feeling of vomiting when eating.(which caused me to avoid eating to the extreme, even once were momentarily blinded due lack of energy. so yeah, thats a strong feeling if capable of such..) a never ending feeling of disappointment in your specie.<(the my specie doesnt deserve me feeling). always carrying a distinct sense of my life being a living hell, most likely a sick experimentation to see how long a human mind can last without anything but negative aspects in life. and probably many more, those i just happened to stumble recently after rediscovering some of my past feelings, which used to be constant.

can Fe's have feelings of this magnitude and length?

before these flips, i were some time on Ni after i forgot my past entirely.. but after enough rediscovering my past, i figured Ni has never been part of me and as such will never be. (allowed me to experiment both infj and enfj, on first one in which i too quickly came to the point of ni and ti not having enough data to digest for the personality to last time, and enfj.. hm, a good way to pretend happy to not just to yourself but others as well. something ive always been good at nevertheless, pretending happy to others that is. not to mention while i found Se + Fe creating a nice feeling good illusion, it was a bit too static, and ultimately boring due that.)
while on entp Ne + Fe gave the illusion of achieving.. well, i could literally .. no, not could, i literally had a new voice every week.. xD.... >>> (voice acting hobbyist <.<) but really, what have i achieved if i learn a huge amount of voices, yet only can remember the few most recent ones? its a rather temporary identity. and something anyone else i spent more than one week in contact face to face with noticed too. and funnily i noticed how it took only one week to convert another into speaking 50% my accent. it happened the other way too, except i quickly recovered from any changes due active language development.

but really answer my question, can an Fe have such deep painful lasting feelings as i described? would like to hear your perspectives on the matter. and not to mention, you are actually the first ones to even know of them. i guess this level of hiding qualifies my natural preference as Fi.. except the vomiting feeling came known to some few others when i actually vomited during eating on others view, not that they cared to ask. but otherwise i managed to never eat on others view for most of my life, as i refused to eat always when possible.

but oh yes answer my questions before i distract you any further <.<

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't buy it.

"it", seems a bit out of context to me without elaborating what you are referring to, so could you do as much as write using a language i can understand..?

EDIT: are you saying you believe personality disorders dont exist, and how that would also quatify as thw whole study of human mind being somehow impossible to us humans?
i have personal experiences of sudden cognition flipping, and thank you, but i consider my experiences very real due their intensity and the sense it makes in correlation to psychological understanding i poses.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"it", seems a bit out of context to me without elaborating what you are referring to, so could you do as much as write using a language i can understand..?

EDIT: are you saying you believe personality disorders dont exist, and how that would also quatify as thw whole study of human mind being somehow impossible to us humans?
i have personal experiences of sudden cognition flipping, and thank you, but i consider my experiences very real due their intensity and the sense it makes in correlation to psychological understanding i poses.

Ohh I made a suggestion but didn't get a response about the suggestion, so that's about all I have to offer.

rav3n

If an ENTP during dating expressed that he too wasn't interested in cohabiting or getting married, why would he suddenly change his mind in a relationship and decide it's the most goddamn important issue and that he wants/needs to cohabitate?