• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

A

A window to the soul

Question:

If you suspect that your ENTP ex is just emailing and texting you in the hopes of buttering you up for sex sans relationship, how best to go about discovering this? (Direct questions result in wide Ne circles of strange Ne-logic.)

Or just assume that this is what is going on and stop wondering?
He might want to use you for sex. He might miss you and want to try again.

On an "unrelated" note, What is the best way to get rid of an ENTP?
Ignore. Put off. Don't respond. I think that's the sure fire way to rid yourself of him to the point he'll either move on quickly or wonder if you're playing games and want you more than ever for the sake of win. So once you decide to rid yourself of him, I suggest you don't look back because if you do, he won't trust you, and he'll see to it that he wins where you won't know what hit you. Game over.

(I'm thinking I should bring up the idea of us moving in together and having kids. Or is that too obvious?)
Please don't do that unless you're serious because he might play along and someone might end up hurt. Probably not him.

What do you like most about yourselves?
I like it that I can almost effortlessly see the connections between events and things which are not immediately obvious to others.

What would you like to improve on?
I would like to change my inability to maintain a comfortable relationship once its possibilities have been realized/exhausted. I've become very efficient in my inability.

Regardless of what he wants, what do you want? If you don't want a relationship, if you don't want sex, either tell him up-front (ENTPs like things to be clear) or ignore him (ENTPs hate it when their actions don't trigger reaction).
I agree.

A question for my fellow ENTPs! How do you manage to pilfer some time and energy to devote to your crazy projects?
Sometimes I wake up early or take a power nap after work so I can stay up late. I get excited about new projects. Today is a good example. I'm working on a Christmas project that will surely evoke competition amongst my neighbors and should they try to raise the bar, I will raise it higher.
: D

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I want to join a think tank.

Opinions, advice, whatever?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I like the Leopard 2A6 it has style and makes others most definitly think ! :D

Hellenic_Army_-_LEO2A6HEL_-_7231.jpg

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
An ESTJ enters the room.

What now?

Jibberchatter. Usually.

It takes them hours before they want to see my carcass rotting in a shallow grave.

It takes me weeks to realise this.

Until that time has passed it's jibberchatter.

rav3n

Just wanted to throw a compliment to many of the ENTPs on TypeC. You've helped me to better understand ENTPs, hence don't get the same fight or flight response I once did when butting heads with male ENTPs. So thanks very much. :)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh come now, ENTPs like to be named and shamed!

Whose been giving the ENTJ bad ideas about us? Huh? HUH??

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:dont: of course, pure trouble that one!

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
(And they'll never suspect the new one...)

I want to join a think tank.

Opinions, advice, whatever?

I advise making your own tank, and thinking of things to fill it with.

My recommendation: start with Jello :wink:

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Just wanted to throw a compliment to many of the ENTPs on TypeC. You've helped me to better understand ENTPs, hence don't get the same fight or flight response I once did when butting heads with male ENTPs. So thanks very much. :)
You're welcome.

(um, guys, we need to talk. someone haz revealed too much!) :D

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(And they'll never suspect the new one...)

I advise making your own tank, and thinking of things to fill it with.

My recommendation: start with Jello :wink:

AWESOME! I will do it, and be on the news. I and a third of TypeC had better be watching.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a friend who's very borderline ENFP/ENTP and I'm not sure how to tell which she is. The reason why it's especially hard: she's a 2w3. Meaning: it's really hard to tell whether her straight-talking big sister vibe is from Te or Ti, and it's hard to know whether her cool/in control exterior is from Te-certainty-exuding or 3-image-focus, or both.

So... what would you say are the most important differences between ENTPs and ENFPs in terms of behavior and/or thought processes, that could help me get out of this typing predicament?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have a friend who's very borderline ENFP/ENTP and I'm not sure how to tell which she is. The reason why it's especially hard: she's a 2w3. Meaning: it's really hard to tell whether her straight-talking big sister vibe is from Te or Ti, and it's hard to know whether her cool/in control exterior is from Te-certainty-exuding or 3-image-focus, or both.

So... what would you say are the most important differences between ENTPs and ENFPs in terms of behavior and/or thought processes, that could help me get out of this typing predicament?

From my perspective one of the clearest differences is often the "principles" stuff, ENTPs can be very flex on morals and ethics as we tend to be suxors with Fi. It's not uncommon to hear ENFPs talk about holding a view on principle, it is uncommon hearing an ENTP say that. My morals tend to be restricted to Fe based things in treat others how you want to be treated, and treat everyone the same.

... also, never heard of an ENTP E2. That E type is mostly related to EFxx, I expect you have a straight-talking Te-filled big sister.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao

I've got an ENFP friend who does that straight-talking big sister thing and it drives me insane sometimes. :laugh: But maybe that's because I'm an only child? At any rate, I can't imagine myself ever acting that way with someone.

I like to offer perspectives instead of advice and options instead of directions.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
From my perspective one of the clearest differences is often the "principles" stuff, ENTPs can be very flex on morals and ethics as we tend to be suxors with Fi. It's not uncommon to hear ENFPs talk about holding a view on principle, it is uncommon hearing an ENTP say that. My morals tend to be restricted to Fe based things in treat others how you want to be treated, and treat everyone the same.
I like to offer perspectives instead of advice and options instead of directions.
This pretty much convinced me that she's an ENFP. She has very fixed opinions on morals, and I had forgotten the playful-devil's-advocate side of ENTPs -- that she doesn't have. :laugh: I guess she just has really strong Te -- the way I have strong Ne (which is probably why we get along!).

Thank you for the input! :hug: