• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Do people tend to like you guys?
(I love how I keep posting in this ask an ENTP thread :doh:)
I guess so. I actually never really think about that. If they don't, it's their problem, not mine. And I tend to take people at face value. If somebody is kind to me while not liking me, he'll be frustrated as hell as I just enjoy his kindness and never realize he doesn't actually like me.

By the way, dear Sb, why are you so :doh: about asking questions to ENTPs? What's wrong with us (except maybe our Ne)?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess so. I actually never really think about that. If they don't, it's their problem, not mine. And I tend to take people at face value. If somebody is kind to me while not liking me, he'll be frustrated as hell as I just enjoy his kindness and never realize he doesn't actually like me.

By the way, dear Sb, why are you so :doh: about asking questions to ENTPs? What's wrong with us (except maybe our Ne)?

Okay, from the general look of things everyone else has the same thoughts. Just curious.

Oh, and because I too am an ENTP :D I just think it is funny.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH Ne!

A

A window to the soul

I don't know if this has already been solved in this thread, but dear ENTPs, what is the meaning of life?

Prior to studying the Bible, I thought the meaning of life was a lifetime of fulfillment in being real, working hard, and leaving a legacy. Now, above all else, I intensely feel we are eternal beings, souls created by a loving God, and that the meaning of life is to know him and to love him.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
When we want them to like us.......otherwise we don't really care because we're oblivious to their existence unless we take a particular interest in them......and then it's only temporary. I really don't even notice passive dislike.........every once in a while I find someone who engages in active dislike of me......when that happens the result is pretty well predicted by this Socionics page.......

"If you let an ENTp openly know that you do not like them, you will probably earn yourself the title of enemy #1. And beware to have them as an enemy. ENTps are great masters of tricks and deceits, often more than ESTps, and what's more they do it in a very skilful manner. ENTps are masters of arrangement and sharp psychoanalysts, able to foresee exactly how others can react to a situation. They can turn the whole world against you, if you are not careful. ENTps also have the unique ability to make a deal with their conscience. They can successfully justify almost any wrong doing, thus ensuring that they will sleep well at night."

http://www.socionics.com/prof/entp2.htm

It's actually quite true, right, wrong or indifferent........the fact is that anyone who makes an enemy of an ENTP has an enemy.......and ENTP's have a way of dealing with their enemies in ways that their enemies may never even know came from them.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
By actually finding a way to shock an ENTP. Wait....

That, and of course we're not necessarily invulnerable to electricity. But I wouldn't recommend it. Other than the potential for a bad hair day, you've also encouraged an interest in electricity........ and other than getting into the details on that one, let's just say your best option is to run. Fast. :D

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That, and of course we're not necessarily invulnerable to electricity. But I wouldn't recommend it. Other than the potential for a bad hair day, you've also encouraged an interest in electricity........ and other than getting into the details on that one, let's just say your best option is to run. Fast. :D

Yeah, right. Like bad hair has ever bothered an NTP.

einstein.jpg

Grooming is for sensors. :D

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, I should've clarified that as "bad" hair potentially for the one doing the shocking. We NTPs have our way of totally rocking the ungroomed/electrified look :happy:

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Do people tend to like you guys?
Yes, except for when we eventually piss them off or weird them out. :biggrin: One of my good IRL friends is an INxJ which I've managed to do both to. Once we got past that, everything else was smooth sailing, and that's how we became good friends.

How does one shock an ENTP?
I've been shocked several times while working with house electricity. Once, as a kid, I was standing in a puddle of water while plugging in an aquarium filter with wet hands. Now it takes more advanced trickery, like putting two switches in the same box which are on two different circuits. Ne tends to miss details like that when working on circuits. I shut off one circuit, but not the other. :mellow:

So I guess the answer is that your only chance is to literally shock us. :shrug:

Not that I'd recommend trying that of course. :unsure:

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'm nearly never shocked. Loud noises can do it. Occasionally. Unfortunately, Ne forces me to consider nearly everything and I am really good at predicting things.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Prior to studying the Bible, I thought the meaning of life was a lifetime of fulfillment in being real, working hard, and leaving a legacy. Now, above all else, I intensely feel we are eternal beings, souls created by a loving God, and that the meaning of life is to know him and to love him.

Same here.

(Well, except for the "working hard" part ;) )

:thumbup:

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao

Usually only really horrifying things shock me (that thing about the toddler getting run over in China shocked me).

But that doesn't happen very often, even.

I am a heartless creature. :laugh:

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
So a thunderstorm...

You guys are overestimating yourself, I inadvertedly shocked one of you just yesterday. (which is why I asked :p)

Now THAT, in itself, is shocking. :shocking:

When I was younger, I used to like saying things just to shock people, especially the ones who were shocked easily. :biggrin:

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
So one ENTP is now the representative for all of us? :laugh:

I picture that laugh as slightly uncomfortable and you clutching your chest to make sure there is no fleshy beating inside. :p

What did you say or do? :ohmy:

Something spontaneous and straight out of my Fi heart! An image I had of that person.

Now THAT, in itself, is shocking.

Hah, I aim to please and tease.

Lately I can't get over how easily things flow with ENTPs...such a naturally satisfying dynamic.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Something spontaneous and straight out of my Fi heart! An image I had of that person.
Wait a sec. Did they admit shock, or did you interpret their surprise as shock? ;)

I once shocked an INTJ friend. She was shocked that I wasn't shocked by something she had told me. :biggrin: