• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
treebeard.jpg

flawless victory :)

R

Riva

Heh heh heee.... Yes i could see him as an ENTP.

I could see some of the elves being ENTP too. (Not Legolas, or whatever his name was.) They're teasers you'll notice if you've read the novels (LOTRs and the Hobbit.)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
In Germany car plates have a shortcut for the city and then a random letter and number arrangement you can choose for yourself. Lately I saw someone who had: EN - TP - 666

Think it's obvious that this guy knew what he was talking about :D

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok ok, this thread is getting way too smooshy.

We're ENTPs dammit! :dont:

:tongue10: That was Ne/Fe bonding, damn it!

But okay, what do you guys think of the current development on the financial markets regarding the Italian debt and would you participate in speculation like that if you could (if so, why and how? Any cunning plans?)

There, is that better?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
financial ? Aint that more entj stuff ? You cant construct 10 feet high warbots with only financial :D

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I anticipated that answer once I had written the question.

I'll rephrase: What invention would you use to solve problems like those currently observable in Italy? And how would a killer robot solve this (if a killer robot is your answer, as Entropie seems to suggest)?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
:tongue10: That was Ne/Fe bonding, damn it!

But okay, what do you guys think of the current development on the financial markets regarding the Italian debt and would you participate in speculation like that if you could (if so, why and how? Any cunning plans?)

There, is that better?

The killer robot could walk thru the country and shake hands with people, give out flowers and chocolate for the children. He could drive around in a mercedes W 24 and motivate people to put themselves together !! Like that:

Adolf-Hitler-in-Loebau--Neumarkt--offener-Mercedes.jpg

Honestly this is a way to serious question. Dont you have something easy like what is the color of your current underpants ?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, there were complaints about excessive fluffiness. But I'll try once more:

What is the color of your current underpants and do they have evil killer robots on them?

(Or is that the INTJs? Damn it, I'll get this right and if it takes all day!)

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Dear ENT(p),
Did you enjoy the representation of your brethren in the film series "Lord of the Rings?"
Well, they aren't that far away from the Ents in the book series "Lord of the Rings". Both have the flaw of propagating the Science is Bad trope. Which is present in the whole series, actually. And in countless other fantasy stories.
"He has a mind for gears and pulleys, Saruman. He doesn't care about living things."
So engineers are bad? Why can't I love gears, pulleys AND living things?!?! *pout*

By the way, Italy doesn't need a giant killer robot. It just needs Berlusconi's mouth shut yesterday. Which involves time travel, so I guess the solution is ENTP enough :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What is the color of your current underpants and do they have evil killer robots on them?

Excellent question ! I fear tho thats a bit to private to answer, I'll redirect you to my inner department of fecal affairs, they are trained to handle those rather barefaced questions ! *turns up his nose*

To not leave you completly empty handed, I can give you this button:
237692794v5_225x225_Front.jpg
:D

So engineers are bad? Why can't I love gears, pulleys AND living things?!?! *pout*

Ya thats kinda weird. Everytime I leave a movie in which they've said engineers are evil, I feel bad. My gf likes those movies and I normally do to but being told you are the devils right hand is no fun. But it is like that, watch alone the behavior of woman: the majority of them would make out with a doctor, or philosopher or even a biologist. But the rate of woman who come to visit the engineering faculty at my University is the limes of 1/x against zero ...

it's a shame, since doctors are most often only dumb playboys and what comes out of their mouth is hot air; while the real caring, loving and willing to work hard for the family men, namely the engineers are treaten like Spaghetti alla Cozze

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
it's a shame, since doctors are most often only dumb playboys and what comes out of their mouth is hot air; while the real caring, loving and willing to work hard for the family men, namely the engineers are treaten like Spaghetti alla Cozze

aaaaaahhahahahahah

hahaha

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
OK class, let's begin.

:pedantic:

How To Become An ENTP

1. Find the humor in everything. If this doesn't come naturally to you, just pretend you're 21 again and everything makes you giggle. No wait, 18 14.

:pacifier:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP4abiHdQpc"]Check[/YOUTUBE]

Nice! :nice: Good 101 level stuff.

For the higher level ENTP courses, the humor source needs to be a bit more sophisticated :nerd:. You showed some 201 level skills with this:

Beyond 201 would be something like this (Tina Fey as Sarah Palin):

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cf9NqaZ4fw"]SNL "Sarah Palin"[/YOUTUBE]

glasscase.gif

2. Practice linking random thoughts and concepts together. If you're having trouble generating random thoughts, here's a random generator for you: http://watchout4snakes.com/CreativityTools/Brainstorm/BrainstormWord.aspx

:hideyhole:

That's how my siblings and I grew up story telling and how I still generate ideas.:campfire: Do I get brownie points for that?:nerd:

You got it!

3. Every time you start to focus on something for longer than 30 seconds, remind yourself to let your imagination distract you again!!

:wizfreak:

What? Come again?!

(I did once fail an ENTPness test - i think it was Edge's, because my attention span was too long :( )

That's OK, you can work on that in 201. In the meantime, you can....

Sorry, did you have a question?

Five is the most my attention span can handle (is that already a good sign?).

Yes, you may have the prerequisite skill for the 201 class already. But first, there will be a preparedness test.... :coffee:

Bring it on!

Psst, does the test involve inventing a machine that breeds owls, does your taxes and makes you a sandwich or do we only get to do that in Advanced ENTPness - Part 2?

No, that doesn't come until 301. The helium chicken pants invention you presented earlier will be sufficient to advance you to 201.

PS - (Lemon poppyseed, please!)

There you go:

url

:happy2: Thanks!

<Notes that Red Herring is the new teacher's fav. Not that this teacher has favorites!>

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
haha, very nice :D

Wait till you get to 401 where unresoveable mysteries will make your cpu go ping pong

100720.jpg

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Well, there were complaints about excessive fluffiness. But I'll try once more:

I know I know, I retract everything! I couldn't think straight with the robots in my underpants. They're just so DAMN DISTRACTING! :pandarage:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If an entp manages in his life to be real, he has grown up. But that doesnt change the fact that his soul still likes m-theory

lane777

nevermore
If an entp manages in his life to be real, he has grown up. But that doesnt change the fact that his soul still likes m-theory

:D

When I was at the total point of no return and felt like killing myself, I've met my girlfriend and she was the first person in my life who appreciated the way I was thinking. No matter what I say until this day in 5 years she has never given me the impression that she totally disagrees with me or doesnt know where my argumentation is coming from. She understands me better than I understand myself.

She's the best friend I ever had and to me that is mandatory, any relationship with a girl I could have would always need her to be my best friend aswell. I respect her intelligence and her deep emotional insight.

Personal question. Seeing as you obviously really appreciate your gf, you're a good candidate for it. ENTP's often end relationships out of sheer boredom with their partner. How do you combat this tendency? Or don't you experience this problem at all? I hope you don't consider my asking terribly innappropriate or offensive.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Personal question. Seeing as you obviously really appreciate your gf, you're a good candidate for it. ENTP's often end relationships out of sheer boredom with their partner. How do you combat this tendency? Or don't you experience this problem at all? I hope you don't consider my asking terribly innappropriate or offensive.

I have heard of that before but it is still completly alien to me. I have always been proud of the fact that no matter what I did, I always played with open cards and never intentionally hurt someone. I have ended one relationship but this was because I felt that it wasnt good for me. This was when I was very young and still got to learn a lot about the world. I definitly hurt the girl I broke up with but I tried to make it as noble as possible in such a situation.

I think the concept of playing with people out of boredom is very childish and I hope for those people their mannerisms turn back on them on day. I am 27 now and I had like 2 serious relationships, it always takes me a long long time to trust people. I doubt I would be playboy material :) (tho i am quite hot as my gf says :))