• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

A

A window to the soul

How would I ultimately know if I'm an ENTP or not?

motivator1bbee1122e5d73.jpg

spleen

MBTI Type
Entp
Enneagram
Hey guys, my entps, ok, ENTP to ENTP, you know how e thread talked about how...Entps can present an aura of general dislike toward people, sometimes?*

When under extreme stress, as I am now, I AM yelling at everyone uncontrollably, starving myself, and excessively spouting unrelated but witty comments about subjects to boost my ego, but I am also, did anyone see the new movie out with Cameron Diaz? Im doing what she does, Im ignoring everyone, Im making up weird excuses to Not hang out with people or go on dates "hey, sorry, gotta run...left my stove on at home, everything could be burned down" or "Sorry, cant date, just cried myself to sleep last night, Im really emotionally needy right now, and dont want to harass you with that, since I like you so desperately, so, lets not date or anything...just trying to protect you bc I like you..."

"Sorry Im texting in class (cussing someone out via text), Im actually taking notes In my text messages for your class, so, Im really overfocused on your class, through my phone" [made the prof laugh], that actually happened a few min ago, Im in class right now.*

So. Do you guys also withdrawal from being around people except for when you absolutely have to, when youre stressed out?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTPs rule ...
... and I have decided that I would really like to be one (even if that means becoming more like my mother *shudders*).

So, ENTPs, can you guys give me some instructions on How To Become An ENTP In 5 Easy Steps? Five is the most my attention span can handle (is that already a good sign?). There is a bonus muffin involved if you can cut it down to 3 steps!!

url
url
3995335_std.jpg

Added bonus: I would be allowed to keep the hair but could finally get that time machine I've been having an eye on for so long!

So where do I have to sign and what do I have to do?

HiddenAutumn

MBTI Type
INFJ
ENTPs rule ...
... and I have decided that I would really like to be one (even if that means becoming more like my mother *shudders*).

So, ENTPs, can you guys give me some instructions on How To Become An ENTP In 5 Easy Steps? Five is the most my attention span can handle (is that already a good sign?). There is a bonus muffin involved if you can cut it down to 3 steps!!

url
url
3995335_std.jpg

Added bonus: I would be allowed to keep the hair but could finally get that time machine I've been having an eye on for so long!

Ha ha, you're funny! I think you're on your way.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A muffin of your choice. Any muffin. Use that Ne and go crazy!

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP

1. Throw Ti into the backseat.
2. Put Ne at the wheel.
3. Make some friends. (Steps 1 and 2 help tremendously with this, but be forewarned that you'll also piss many more people off than you're used to. ;))

HiddenAutumn

MBTI Type
INFJ
Lack of any response stabs me each time I try to strike up a conversation with a friend. I have no other way to connect to you besides my ideas! Please look at me!!! They don't get the concept that I'd leave them alone if I got a decent response.

But don't you ever consider that the person you're talking to probably doesn't think about things as deeply as you do and you should just move on to someone a little more intellectual.

A

A window to the soul

Let's make July 4th muffins with red, white and blue sprinkles on top; no icing. I know what y'all must be thinking, how are the sprinkles going to stick, right? Simple...

-lick, lick- -stick, stick-

Let's get to it.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Let's make July 4th muffins with red, white and blue sprinkles on top; no icing. I know what y'all must be thinking, how are the sprinkles going to stick, right? Simple...

-lick, lick- -stick, stick-

Actually, I was thinking you must have mixed up threads :biggrin:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For $200,000 (I'm assuming US) would you rather own a house or go into space?

Space, please. I'll work on the living quarters later but right now I really need a vacation from earth.

Do you think you have more or less balanced T/F preferences or do you think your T preference is rather distinct?

Yes, my T preference is suspiciously weak. According to the tests I am usually very strongly N and P but close to borderline on I/E and T/F. It has long been suspected that I am actually on the F side, but I think some of my faux-feeliness is pretty well explained as a sort of Fe-experimentation. But it's still a mystery..

How would I ultimately know if I'm an ENTP or not? If I am not an ENTP, how would I become one?

You won't ultimately know. Once you have gone to the ENTP side, this whole "ultimate knowing" thing will always escape your grasp... forever spiraling into further and further type doubts, experiments, and all sorts of crazy questionings (some of those perhaps relating to type). If you find a way to become more decisive on the matter, let me know ;)

There's lots of stuff to look into for this one... there's the researching of the cognitive processes and seeing which role is your dominant and going from there... you could join in this thread and see how you fit in here, you could check out some of the responses earlier in the thread starting here if you're another one of those xNTP mutant-hybrid things ;)

Becoming one? Not so fast.... who are we starting with here and why do you demand entrance to this club? Do you have something to contribute, like something that either tastes good or explodes?

ENTPs rule ...

Just come to the dark side already. I know you want to :cheese:

Offering bonus muffins? This is a total rip off on my "whoever helps me figure out my type gets a cupcake" idea..... you must be whatever type I am (which I know doesn't help much :laugh:)

So ya, the jump across the I/E border: push Ti to the passenger seat, let Ne take the wheel. Use people as sounding boards a lot, talk to them to help you understand things. Go from one thing to one thing, to that other thing, and over to that thing without knowing where it'll lead but still thinking it is awesome. Have 540840484 projects going at once. Look at the world as your audience, waiting for you to take center stage. Tell them what you think. Make 'em laugh. Get "out there." Start stuff. If you start losing control of the car and/or Ti keeps begging to take the wheel again, you might need to go back to the INTP side. If this is a comfortable and awesome awakening, go with it, and welcome to the Lair of the ENTPs. See that door with the tray of cookies next to it....

Oh, and please don't think that you have to make the switch for the time machine. INTPs are also awesome with time machines and with powers combined maybe we'll finally get one running, or at least some flying cars. The world still doesn't even have those...

Almost forgot about the muffins! Vanilla-Cream-Marshmallow, with chocolate, schnozberry, and pop rocks please, and dress them up like cupcake cats. Please and thank you.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

But don't you ever consider that the person you're talking to probably doesn't think about things as deeply as you do and you should just move on to someone a little more intellectual.

Yeah... It simultaneously makes me want to crawl into a corner, and pry from them the depth of thought I know could exist! I'll settle for something around dreams and aspirations if I must.

MUFFINS! Hmmm... Marshmallow muffins. Mix them in with the batter. Then put in chocolate! S'more muffins... Mmmmm.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Whats your favorite word?

spleen

MBTI Type
Entp
Enneagram
I dont cry myself asleep. It was a b.s. Excuse for not dating.

Does anyone have any more bs excuses? I am actually running out

Oh, wait, fav word? Gotta say, "neuroethics", like, wtf. Its like saying "neuroneurothics", whatever. Stupid.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
How would I ultimately know if I'm an ENTP or not? If I am not an ENTP, how would I become one?
I found my type quite soon after I learnt MBTI. I only hesitated a bit about I/E preference. Which letters are you unsure about?
Becoming an ENTP if you aren't one already is, in my opinion, a lost cause. I tried but never succeeded at acting ESTJ...

So. Do you guys also withdrawal from being around people except for when you absolutely have to, when youre stressed out?
Yes. And having to act polite when under stress is impossible for me. Oddly enough, being around people can cure the stress. Especially if I'm allowed to vent.

ENTPs rule ...
[...]
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but being an ENTP doesn't give you a time machine. It does, however, give you the means to imagine one - Ti can't keep up warning about the inconsistencies.
"Ne at the steering wheel" is not the right description for me. Being a judging function, Ti is at the steering wheel, but it can't keep the engine under control :)
Whats your favorite word?
Zwaartekracht. It has been my favorite word since I was about five. It means gravitational force. But the Dutch word actually means "heavyness force" and I like it because (1) the gravitation does make things heavy and (2) it has a very pleasant sound.

A

A window to the soul

Hey guys, my entps, ok, ENTP to ENTP, you know how e thread talked about how...Entps can present an aura of general dislike toward people, sometimes?*

I don't necessarily withdraw when I'm stressed; it depends on the stressor. And I don't enjoy being around just anybody for the sake of it; I enjoy interesting people.