• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
What's the best birthday gift for 7 year old you? :D
Art materials. Colorful paper. I remember rainbow-colored paper and metallic; and nowadays there are sets with all sorts of shiny and reflecting and patterns... Paint, clay (if it makes things messy, it's probably good). Marbles and things to build rolling ball sculptures.
Nowadays I would be extremely happy with the grown-up version of it:
chaos-tower-kit.png
(though I hope this thing can be re-built in several ways. And combined with legoes and paper rolls to make even bigger ones.)

If you could be any other type for exactly one week, which would you be?
Right now, I'd take INFP because the main character in my novel-to-be is one. But as that novel is in its final stage (re-writing, the story itself won't be changed any more), I prefer to postpone this offer until I'm in the creating stage of a new novel. Then I'll take the type of that main character.

Why do entps love me so much?
Because you pay attention to them.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Why do entps love me so much?

entps are generally drawn to people who lead not too ordered lifes, i dunno if that is you. still to some entps real perfection lies in imperfection

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Marbles and things to build rolling ball sculptures.
Nowadays I would be extremely happy with the grown-up version of it:
chaos-tower-kit.png
(though I hope this thing can be re-built in several ways. And combined with legoes and paper rolls to make even bigger ones.)

Whoa, I'd be happy with that as a 17th, 27th or 37th present. Want!

A

A window to the soul

That is sweet! Reminds me of a crazy contraption I built once. The sweetest hamster cage ever!! Fully customizable. No limits! This one isn't nearly as cool; but still, I think you get the idea. Would also make a great gift for an ENTP tot...

pd1933591.jpg

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Me too, that's why I added "nowadays". I guess the seven-year-old me would just be a little too unhandy to build it herself and that would lead to frustration.
At 12, I was quite miffed because my classmates felt themselves too old for building marble pathways. What? Now that you're handy enough to cut a looping out of strong paper? I've had some characteristics of adolescence, but feeling too old to play never was one of them.
Also, to 7 year old Tamske: a book, as long as it didn't split up the words in syllables and, of course, contained better stories than the schoolbooks. Why read about children going to school or visiting a farm? You could do that in reality! I wanted to read about gnomes and witches and dragons.
Fantasy and science fiction have always interested me. Science was only a second choice. If magic isn't real, the next best thing is science, isn't it?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
books ? oh gawd you conformists ! Guns !!!!!! :D

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
books ? oh gawd you conformists ! Guns !!!!!! :D

How bout a book made of guns?

The cover can have a disclaimer: "if you don't finish me in 10 hours I'll blow your face off."

At least for action/adventure books. It's like those interactive things...except way more interesting.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
For romance books you end up falling in love with the book itself. Literally. You're doomed to spend the rest of your life infatuated with an inanimate object.

I don't know what would be worse. But then again, an inanimate object can't really run out on you. Or be too clingy. Guess that's why Real Dolls are kind of a thing.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
How bout a book made of guns?

The cover can have a disclaimer: "if you don't finish me in 10 hours I'll blow your face off."

At least for action/adventure books. It's like those interactive things...except way more interesting.

Hahahahahaha ;) maybe if you read a romance book while being held hostage by the book you develop Stockholm-Syndrome and you'ld get an entry in the guiness book of records cause while reading a book and being totally introvert you were hold hostage and has found the love of your life whats a total extrovert thing :D

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Dear fellow ENTPs.

For over 70 pages this thread has been the helpful question-answering thread I meant it to be. At the first few posts people expected the thing to derail and get forgotten, just like the previous "ask an ENTP" threads. It didn't derail then.

Please don't let it derail now.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
A thread from, over and with entps that isnt to be derailed. You know if other types find out about how we are in our private threads, they'll come with forks and torches and demand our heads ! :D

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
what are things in the work place that really piss you off?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
People who are nice to you all the time but wouldnt hesitate to stab you if that means for them getting the better job position. Thats why I basically want to become my own boss, nothing is more taxing or hurtful to me in the long run like colleagues I have to see every day and who suck.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
People who seem to be working but aren't. Example. I went to the school to help the other teachers prepare for visiting parents/new students. I found my colleagues in a circle talking about who would get the best job next year, and how unfair the schedule will get divided etc etc. From a distance, they seemed to discuss Serious Business. I stood there among them, losing my time, knowing fully well that, if I left, *I* would be seen as the slacker! Pissed off indeed.
I'm the other way around, I tend to work with a smile, so people think I'm just amusing myself. Well, I try to, and sometimes I do amuse myself while working (especially while teaching), but that doesn't mean I'm not working.
If you don't have to work, stop complaining and use your time to do something fun.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Would you prefer them to be crude all the time?

no i would like to work with people i can trust, in that regards the army would have been a good place for me. i like kameradschaft and the fellowship of the rings you now. it feels good to do something honorable toegether and to accomplish a goal than to be always only motivated by challenge and fight.

a famous german scientist, von weizäcker lately said on a business fair i visited that we have to decide between a future driven by competition and oligopoles and rich mega companies or between a future of mutual corporation, of diversity and of quasi altruistic support for each other. he said that companies always wanted to have 'less state' and to be more independet, but when for example the financial crisis hit, people were screaming for the state to help and to interfere.

i am conviced that it is better for humanitys future if they learn to cooperate again, i do not want to live in a future of challenge like the clan people in Battletech

Qre:us

- Asskissing
(if you actually excel at your job, you don't need to kiss ass; the work will speak for you, before you can speak for yourself, and the bosses will be kissing YOUR ass just to keep you happy so you can keep doing the caliber of job you're doing and so they don't lose you)

- Slacking off when there is work to be done/socializing when there is work to be done
[esp. when others have to pick up your slack in a team (at its extreme, slacking off is equivalent to motherfucking stealing MONEY, you fool! You're taking their money when you have done nothing to deserve it but to their "knowledge" you are "working"!)]

- Ineptitude/lack of initiative, drive to do independent work
[I have patience for appreciating different people's learning curves, but, there's a threshold where it gets old, esp. if I see you are not taking the initiative to learn when you know it's something you don't fully grasp. And I explained it once, twice, thrice, and even covered your ass doing the work for you the first few times, but, still you're not getting it. Then, I rather you get the fuck out of my way rather than "do" stuff, only to mess it up, and I have to spend time to clean up your mistakes. I'd rather do the job myself, from the start]

- Drama
[I don't give a damn who you want to bitch about, unless what you're saying is a valid point that needs to be addressed for the sake of work efficiency, otherwise, trite complaints about coworkers, whose personality you don't like, your mother-in-law's attitude, the colour of the sky, how you survived your flu, etc., etc., etc., makes me want to drive my head through the computer screen. Shut the fuck up, I ain't your therapist!]

- People who don't take ownership for their mistakes, and extra piss-off, if they try to make another person shoulder their mistake

- Sloppy work
[if you're going to spend the time to do the work, why wouldn't you do it to perfection the first time around, and make sure to cover all your bases?]

- Repetitive, boring work

- People who want you to cover their ass when they're slacking off, or trying to get away with something

- Trite compliments from bosses, without any real feedback on where one could improve
[it feels like a stalemate]

- Bossy, micro-managing people
[if I'm not doing my job, then, and only then, come talk to me, otherwise, fuck off!]

- Whiners
[In response, sometimes, I make my voice very nasally and whine about people whining. One coworker in particular, who reminds me of Eeyore, I asked one day, after a particularly laborious session of listening to her whine, "Are you ever happy?" She doesn't talk to me any more, thank dog!]

- Arrogant motherfuckers
[again, ties back to my first point, if you're that good, you don't need to preach it......it'll speak for itself]