• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have an excellent memory. I'm quite good at understanding other people and making myself clear. I am very determined and strong minded and I usually do the right thing.

That was sarcasm right ? Cause I'ld think of myself to be the exact opposite

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Do ENTPs project absolutely every thought or idea onto other people, so they can live that thought (or avoid that danger) themselves?

Even if there was no possiblity of the ENTP's plan (or irrational fear) coming to pass on that other person?
See how that could cause some worry or anxiety in that other person... that isn't warranted at all?

Hmm? That happen to anyone?
That's what imaginary people are for. I'm a mean "godess": I created two universes just to be able to let my main character suffer.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've got a question:

What would you say is the biggest gap/divide between the ENFP and the ENTP? I mean this practically, not all this theory mumbo-jumbo. But in your experience, what has been the thing that makes you say, "Wow, they are so much different than we are?"

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I've got a question:

What would you say is the biggest gap/divide between the ENFP and the ENTP? I mean this practically, not all this theory mumbo-jumbo. But in your experience, what has been the thing that makes you say, "Wow, they are so much different than we are?"

Imo, entps like to be independant and be misunderstood by everyone. Enfps seek to choose a side in a debate with at least one person.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Imo, entps like to be independant and be misunderstood by everyone. Enfps seek to choose a side in a debate with at least one person.

Really? I had never noticed that. I'm pretty independent myself, but try not to be misunderstood. So that would be a major difference. I see that, actually: We seek people to relate to, whereas you seek dissonance? Have I understood that right?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Really? I had never noticed that. I'm pretty independent myself, but try not to be misunderstood. So that would be a major difference. I see that, actually: We seek people to relate to, whereas you seek dissonance? Have I understood that right?

Dunno, my theory's prolly shitty cause it really doenst apply to some enfps including you.

Here's another idea: how about enfps like to make out with mentally ill and socially perverted guys called intjs to get a kick out from it ? ( they got tired of dating the nice guys cause its always the same ) :D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
HAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh, Entropieeeeeee!!! What am I going to do with you? ;D

Nooo, actually I like your theory because we probably want others to relate to us more than you guys do. :)

Kuthtuk

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w3
..., "Wow, they are so much different than we are?"

When comparing I use extremes.....

ENFP - Robin Williams - Allways jokes about something funny that is true (“Cocaine is God's way of saying you're making too much money.”)
ENTP - George Carlin - Allways jokes about something true that is funny ("Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.")

If that makes anysense... The difference is verry subtle, if you watch one stand-up show from each of the above you'll get what I'm trying to say.

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have an excellent memory. I'm quite good at understanding other people and making myself clear. I am very determined and strong minded and I usually do the right thing. So at the very least, those are not my problems.

May I ask why you are interrested in our problems?

I read some thing about ENTP`s and I know for sure Im not one anyway. from what I understand or the impression I get is ENTP`s are mercurial, changing from one thing to another. no real strong foundation, like your moral compass is always spinning or you can`t really get a reading cause there is no North pole or south pole. no up or down.

I think with an ENTJ, they are more likely to hammer who they are into people they associate with more with consistency in values or thoughts, changes ideas throw things out when something is outdated is no longer useful..

an entp seems to always be evaluating, Im wondering how this constant changing plays out with the people around them and if it alienates them or people lose fall behind cause they are not on the current expansion pack for the ENTP`s thoughts and eventually give up?

I have not met a real ENTP and Im still learning about the theories, this whole image in my mind could be off or may need some fine tuning

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
If you tested as an ENTP twice in a row, what would you do?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I've got a question:

ENFPs always assume they know what you are feeling.
ENTPs always assume they know better than you.
Both are obnoxious, if you ask me.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTPs, do you have rapid mood changes? If you're in a foul/depressed mood, do you actively try and change it or do you just ride it out?

Some of the time my mood will change rapidly, and sometimes I'll get myself stuck in one mood for quite a while. With the rapid states I'll keep searching and adding new things to find something that is interesting and keeps me going. But when stuck in a more depressed mood it is harder to get things rolling.

Do ENTPs project absolutely every thought or idea onto other people, so they can live that thought (or avoid that danger) themselves?

That's what imaginary people are for.

:yes: I also live out my thoughts by the means of stories and projecting things on imaginary people... though I'm still not quite sure what this question is about.

What would you say is the biggest gap/divide between the ENFP and the ENTP?

It is often when I get a glimpse of the internal world of the ENFP that I get a sense of a difference. It seems like ENFPs are better at working out personal sorts of things with other people and generally show more of a deep, genuine affection.

Say "Well that was boring. Let's see if another test will say something else..." :D

Or do you mean, "If you currently don't identify as an ENTP and test as such twice in a row...." In that case, a good starting point is to read the descriptions and look into what cognitive functions you prefer.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I read some thing about ENTP`s and I know for sure Im not one anyway. from what I understand or the impression I get is ENTP`s are mercurial, changing from one thing to another. no real strong foundation, like your moral compass is always spinning or you can`t really get a reading cause there is no North pole or south pole. no up or down.

an entp seems to always be evaluating, Im wondering how this constant changing plays out with the people around them and if it alienates them or people lose fall behind cause they are not on the current expansion pack for the ENTP`s thoughts and eventually give up?

There's a difference between always remaining open to receiving new information which could change the way you view something (the basis of Ne) and not having any foundation. I have a strongly Fe driven moral compass, it consists of live and let live and do not push your morals on other people, what I don't have is a strong Fi driven internal code. Combine those two elements together (Ne+Fe) and I may not approve of someone hurting another person but I will remain open to understanding their motives rather than condemn them.

If you give me good information which encourages me to change my opinion then it means you have presented something I perceive internally to be true and logical (Ti) the rest of the time I am constantly challenging people to do so while keeping myself open to the chance of changing my view, without that actually happening.

I have a north and a south, talk to me about marriage equality for example and you'll find I have very little gray area, but most things are simply not black and white to me, most things have not been debated to the point, or have enough personal involvement, where I feel I have all the available information to see injustice on one side.

ENFPs always assume they know what you are feeling.
ENTPs always assume they know better than you.

So you say!

I've got a question:

Ime, they care about you [you being anyone], I don't.

what are the common problems you experience with being an ENTP? you forget things alot? do people misunderstand you in communication? do they think you are wishy washy? are you seen as people who can`t take anything serious or not reliable?

Procrastination. That one's a bitch. Not doing that which needs to be done because something exciting and shiny is calling me.

Don't think anyone has ever considered using the term "wishy-washy" around me, I am quite grounded, just easily distracted is all.

The world hears about 15% of my thoughts and ideas.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
That was sarcasm right ? Cause I'ld think of myself to be the exact opposite

Nop, I'm really quite strong minded, and I do have an excellent memory.

I think with an ENTJ, they are more likely to hammer who they are into people they associate with more with consistency in values or thoughts, changes ideas throw things out when something is outdated is no longer useful..

I have not met a real ENTP and Im still learning about the theories, this whole image in my mind could be off or may need some fine tuning

I have a very strong foundation, but that's what it is. A foundation, the part of the structure you don't see. The randomness you talk about is just the result of enthousiastic fascination with pretty much every thing, object, idea or person. If you or anybody else can't keep up with it it's quite easy to say that we're wishy washy or don't have a strong foundation, but I assure you that is absolutely not the case.

Furthermore, yes, some people are put of by that type of energy, and others are attracted to it.

Duck and cover!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Nop, I'm really quite strong minded, and I do have an excellent memory.

I am just baffled that you find especially that entp quality meaningful, when someone asks me about what I like in myself I usually tend to brag with totally exaggerated love-making skills or the day on which I managed to eat 10 sausages and drink 5 beer in 3 minutes and then vomited my name at the front door on campus :D

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How do you ENTP's get over things so quickly?! When I am upset I tend to hang on to it, it sucks!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
How do you ENTP's get over things so quickly?! When I am upset I tend to hang on to it, it sucks!

When I feel the other party understood what bugged me, I feel understood and bad emotions are gone in an instant. Unfairness or when I feel misunderstood, I cant stand very well tho and it does bug me longer. Depends on how much of myself I allow to get involved

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Depends on how much of myself I allow to get involved

Exactly.

Emotional detachment helps. Just not giving a fuck most of the time if things go one way or the other (or about people and your relationship with said people). I mean, I DO on many levels, but I also DON'T. If I just focus on the levels in which I don't, then I can get over something.

But being easily amused/pleased/tickled helps, too. There's always something to derive enjoyment from that can overshadow something that's been bugging me.

And I guess I just have this "meter" inside me that says "ok, is this a BIG issue? No, this is not a BIG issue. So why the hell am I so worked up? I'm just wasting my time" and then I go on with my life. Cause there are better things to do and bigger things to get hung up on. :yes:

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
There's a difference between always remaining open to receiving new information which could change the way you view something (the basis of Ne) and not having any foundation. I have a strongly Fe driven moral compass, it consists of live and let live and do not push your morals on other people, what I don't have is a strong Fi driven internal code. Combine those two elements together (Ne+Fe) and I may not approve of someone hurting another person but I will remain open to understanding their motives rather than condemn them.

If you give me good information which encourages me to change my opinion then it means you have presented something I perceive internally to be true and logical (Ti) the rest of the time I am constantly challenging people to do so while keeping myself open to the chance of changing my view, without that actually happening.

I have a north and a south, talk to me about marriage equality for example and you'll find I have very little gray area, but most things are simply not black and white to me, most things have not been debated to the point, or have enough personal involvement, where I feel I have all the available information to see injustice on one side

So you say!

Ime, they care about you [you being anyone], I don't.

Procrastination. That one's a bitch. Not doing that which needs to be done because something exciting and shiny is calling me.

Don't think anyone has ever considered using the term "wishy-washy" around me, I am quite grounded, just easily distracted is all.

The world hears about 15% of my thoughts and ideas.

thank you kasper