• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
An INTJ and an ENTP ex-lover? Maybe you should change jobs.

I don't find my NTs at work. I find them on university campuses. It's quite difficult to find them anywhere else in their 20s come to think of it.

I just wish the ENTP hadn't been a narcissist that needed to correct my every move and sentence.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Okay so how do I get over the ENTP or find another? I'm not in university anymore and I can only go to grad lounges so often before people start to look at me funny.

I have just never been so completely comfortable spending time with a man than I was with him and even other ENTPs I hit it off well with friendship wise.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Okay so how do I get over the ENTP or find another? I'm not in university anymore and I can only go to grad lounges so often before people start to look at me funny.

I have just never been so completely comfortable spending time with a man than I was with him and even other ENTPs I hit it off well with friendship wise.

Per popular request I'm going to start up an ENTP hiring/dating service!

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I read a little, interact/experiment..and then read/research some more.

But for me it's the experimenting that's the most important.

Yeah, I learn through involvement and observation most. Research is after I build ideas.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't help but laud at how brilliant my writing can be. :p it's like I write for myself and I have good taste.

lol, I have often loved reading my own posts from times when I was nuts. Epic.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I'm starting to feel at home here with all these cool people.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't like rereading posts as much as rereading my very old stories. They are awful and I'm able to laugh at myself for writing that.
I don't like rereading stories from +/- 2 years ago. They are awful too. Did I improve in the meantime? I've got always the feeling that I'm just that enthousiastic about my current ideas that I think my current writing project is the best one ever; but actually I'm not improving at all and they are all awful. I'm just too biased to see the problems until I've left the thing behind for a few years...

Another question, inspired by the chocolate cake banter in the "how to be an ENTP in 30 days" thread. What's Se to you, guys?
I've got a love-hate relationship to that function. Se's the one interrupting my projects with those stupid concrete things like hunger or sleepiness. The only way to do anything creative is to ignore that Se thingy trying to get you to bed when at last you've got time to do anything.
At the other hand, if you've got time and no ideas, the best way is to go for a simple pleasure instead of being frustrated that you're losing time trying to find out what you can use this time for. Going for a bike ride, working in the garden, using that little Se.

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
I don't like rereading posts as much as rereading my very old stories. They are awful and I'm able to laugh at myself for writing that.
I don't like rereading stories from +/- 2 years ago. They are awful too. Did I improve in the meantime? I've got always the feeling that I'm just that enthousiastic about my current ideas that I think my current writing project is the best one ever; but actually I'm not improving at all and they are all awful. I'm just too biased to see the problems until I've left the thing behind for a few years...

Another question, inspired by the chocolate cake banter in the "how to be an ENTP in 30 days" thread. What's Se to you, guys?
I've got a love-hate relationship to that function. Se's the one interrupting my projects with those stupid concrete things like hunger or sleepiness. The only way to do anything creative is to ignore that Se thingy trying to get you to bed when at last you've got time to do anything.
At the other hand, if you've got time and no ideas, the best way is to go for a simple pleasure instead of being frustrated that you're losing time trying to find out what you can use this time for. Going for a bike ride, working in the garden, using that little Se.

It's interesting, and it may just be Forer's effect, but I can remark that yeah, I must have a semi-strong Se.

I don't mind washing the dishes, for example. It's generally a time when I can "tune out" and get some simple satisfaction. Not very ENTPish, I don't think. I tend to enjoy running and long walks, the sort of feeling of blood flowing to places that you never knew you had that one gets. Also, yeah, I fucking hate how I get sleepy just when I have time to do shit for myself.

Hm.

Honestly, though, I have no idea what Se is as a function. I guess I've seen its use with one of my ESTP friends, which manifests itself as extreme sexual drive and an enjoyment for chemistry that I'll never understand. Not much else. (I think he's a low S; I've seen his Ne come out sometimes. It's not pretty.)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Does being ignored piss off ENTPs? Why?

Is this a serious question or is it you that is different ? :D ( Since my last infraction I am not allowed to use the word retarded no more -.- )

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Does being ignored piss off ENTPs? Why?
Yes, very. I think we've discussed this somewhere...

We want our feedback. We don't really need to be right or to have success. But we want you to either agree or disagree with our opinions. If you disagree, we'd like to debate the topic, find arguments; not because we want to persuade you, but because we love to discuss ideas.
We want the people to find us interesting enough to interact with us.