• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

R

ReflecTcelfeR

The only thing that I could see this occuring is if her Fe is extremely, EXTREMELY overactive. If it's not to keep her good name then I don't what it would be. That's usually why I don't break ALL the rules, or most I suppose.

My attention span varies greatly. It's based off my personal interest in a subject, as I'm sure it is with everyone.

Qre:us

How are your memory and attention?

Ridiculously amazing when something interests me (as I'd guess for most people).

Otherwise, meh.

Although, I can remember a lot of weird details about things and people, without conscious choice - i.e., beyond-my-control selective memory.

Like exactly where a piece of info is located in a book, its paragraph and page number [and usually, most notably, I remember if it appeared on the left side, or right side of the book]. Or, like when my ex liked to play with my memory by asking me random questions, like, "What was the number on the shirt I was wearing when we went out for Italian last Thursday?" and other such useless things. These things comes to me as flashes of static mental images - as if I'm literally there, in that moment, again. It's overwhelming in its clarity. However, it's usually all or nothing, so if I get a prompt which triggers a mental image to flash before me, I know with 100% certainty. Sans mental image, I got nothing. I have a very hard time consciously trying to recall something just beyond my reach. I am very prompt/trigger dependent. Give me the right clue/cue, and I can access everything I know surrounding the topic, in an instant.

Where it does help me is in figuring out when people "lie", as something they tell me currently will send red flags all over my head, just because some detail about them, from a past interaction, in my memory is saying, "wait, if X detail is true, than what he is saying currently is not consistent!" I may not have clear and easy access to that past detail, but, something in me KNOWS that something is off. RED FLAG! :17026:

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
would you kill a puppy for one million dollars ?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The only thing that I could see this occuring is if her Fe is extremely, EXTREMELY overactive. If it's not to keep her good name then I don't what it would be. That's usually why I don't break ALL the rules, or most I suppose.

It could be that...she lives in that up-tight, straight A student, upper-middle class suburban lifestyle, but I'm rather surprised, because I would assume an ENTP would run far away from that if that's all they've known in their life and go explore instead of going to a local Catholic college. (At least a 7 would).

I guess she freaked out about sleeping with her boyfriend not because people would find out, but the fear was more directed towards her soul and whether it'd be condemned to the first circle of Hell or not.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

Yes. I'd give half to the person who has to put them down every day.

ENTPs,

Are you smarter than a 5th grader?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes. I'd give half to the person who has to put them down every day.

ENTPs,

Looking at today's 5th graders, most definitely.

In Singapore, probably not.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

No. The only time I'd even entertain a smidgen of a thought about harming a puppy would be if it was in pain and it was the humane thing to do, still don't know if I'd be able to though.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I hear a lot from ENTPs about needing to find someone who gets you and understands and can handle your randomness/independence/need to have a billion balls in the air. How willing are you to do the same for your partner if they were to display the ability to meet you halfway? Are you willing to accommodate and make time for someone you have feelings for? Or are you looking for someone to be there when you get through with your projects and distractions?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
How are your memory and attention?
Like others said, it varies greatly whether I'm interested or not. Effort almost doesn't matter. I have lots of problems remembering details about personal lives and gossip. I can tell you the stories of all the books I've ever read, even if I don't remember title or author.

If anything, she's an ISTJ. Would any sort of ENTP believe and follow every rule in a sect of religion and freak out if she broke one?
I can see that happening, yes. Not necessarily by Fe. If I'm really convinced of something, I will defend it and stick to it, even if you prove me wrong by argument or experiment.
I have to get used to the idea I could be wrong. But arguments and experiments are the things that work best to convince me.
Following the rules very strictly? Yes, I can see myself doing that if I was really convinced it mattered.
Letting go of a conviction means admitting you've been wrong before. It means you're not consistent with your former self.
I remember an occasion in elementary school. We had to choose a color of paper for some craft project. I chose blue. Then the teacher found another stack of paper - purple! Every kid in the class changed his/her decision to purple, except for me. Stick to the choice is more important to getting the prettier color. Now I've matured and I know you don't have to stick to a choice if there if there is new information!

Who wants to pay that much for killing a puppy? I'll try to find out first whether it's somebody else's prize puppy or something. There is definitely something fishy about this.

ENTPs,
Wikipedia told me 5th grade is 10-11 years old. I fancy the answer is yes on this one.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I hear a lot from ENTPs about needing to find someone who gets you and understands and can handle your randomness/independence/need to have a billion balls in the air. How willing are you to do the same for your partner if they were to display the ability to meet you halfway?

Personally I want someone to understand me and then meet me halfway, I don't want them taking care of everything or the relationship all being about my needs. There are weak spots that I have, especially when it comes to someone else's emotional needs so I may not provide enough support to my partner at times but I do have a strong desire to understand who they really are inside and out.

In line with my need to be independent, they must also want that, if they don't it doesn't take much for me to feel smothered and I'll run. I appreciate someone who "gets" my randomness because if they do then I will feel comfortable showing that side of myself, if they don't it won't work. I don't view myself as having a billion balls in the air though, but someone who can encourage my excitement and indulge my flights of fantasy will get me all :wubbie:

Are you willing to accommodate and make time for someone you have feelings for?

If I'm in a relationship I will want to spend time with my partner, and I'd be willing to take them as they come, faults and all. I don't find myself blinded to the reality of who my partner is, I don't see them through infatuated coloured glasses but I don't see myself as "accommodating" anything either, if I'm with them I want to be with them and make them happy. If I don't want to spend time with them then I don't see why I'd want to be in a relationship with them.

Or are you looking for someone to be there when you get through with your projects and distractions?

No. To get into a relationship for those reasons sounds like way too much effort. Than again I would rather be single than in an average relationship.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I hear a lot from ENTPs about needing to find someone who gets you and understands and can handle your randomness/independence/need to have a billion balls in the air. How willing are you to do the same for your partner if they were to display the ability to meet you halfway? Are you willing to accommodate and make time for someone you have feelings for? Or are you looking for someone to be there when you get through with your projects and distractions?
A condition sine qua non is that the other accepts me devoting my time to those projects. Of course, the flip side is that I've got to accept when the other loses his precious free time on watching television.
Of course I make time for the people I've feelings for - not only romantic ones. I very strongly feel the need to "be there for them" if they (husband, but also parents, family, friends, colleagues, strangers) are with me, and feel guilty because I didn't do the dishes when they were not here such that I'd have time for them right now. I don't want my husband to do things I hate to do, especially if I know he hates them too. That's why I always feel guilty when we've got to clean - I should have cleaned when he was at work! But of course I was occupied with my crazy projects then...
Someone to be there as a distraction to fall on whenever the others are not available? Eek! No!! I want my husband to support me and encourage me during my projects; I want to support and encourage him too; and I'm more than willing to throw everything away in order to pay attention to him. He even sometimes has to say "Why don't you write now? I'm tired right now and would like to watch sports, okay?"

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ridiculously amazing when something interests me (as I'd guess for most people).

Otherwise, meh.

Although, I can remember a lot of weird details about things and people, without conscious choice - i.e., beyond-my-control selective memory.

Like exactly where a piece of info is located in a book, its paragraph and page number [and usually, most notably, I remember if it appeared on the left side, or right side of the book]. Or, like when my ex liked to play with my memory by asking me random questions, like, "What was the number on the shirt I was wearing when we went out for Italian last Thursday?" and other such useless things. These things comes to me as flashes of static mental images - as if I'm literally there, in that moment, again. It's overwhelming in its clarity. However, it's usually all or nothing, so if I get a prompt which triggers a mental image to flash before me, I know with 100% certainty. Sans mental image, I got nothing. I have a very hard time consciously trying to recall something just beyond my reach. I am very prompt/trigger dependent. Give me the right clue/cue, and I can access everything I know surrounding the topic, in an instant.

Where it does help me is in figuring out when people "lie", as something they tell me currently will send red flags all over my head, just because some detail about them, from a past interaction, in my memory is saying, "wait, if X detail is true, than what he is saying currently is not consistent!" I may not have clear and easy access to that past detail, but, something in me KNOWS that something is off. RED FLAG! :17026:

I was curious about this memory/attention thing because it kinda pisses me off.

I am very creative..on a chaotic level... there's a big mess around me, and pretty much inside of me sometimes. I only remember what's interesting. For instance a meet a girl and I remember her body language and stuff like that, but in most cases I forget the name, I don't even bother asking her stuff that wouldn't interest me because I'd surely forget till the next day.

I am way too flexible, but this helps me come up with stuff, my imagination is the best thing I got.

It's just the way I am. I'd really love being more J from time to time, to put everything in order.

Sometimes I feel as if I'm in a spaceship and everything's floating around me ideas, words, objects, people..levitating.

I'm a very bad liar because lying involves details, remembering them, a lie must stand the test of time...and I usually forget I lied..It's very amusing in way.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
What's with the puppy?!
I would burn down an entire zoo of extinct animals for one...million or billion?!

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Through the use of Ti we can direct Ne, but developing it alone I don't perceive as possible.

Goosebump

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Let me rephrase my question

Do you think it's possible for an S person to develop their Ne? Or an N person to further develop their Ne?