• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

clarhck

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
?
i dont know about anyone else but im not good at planning.i usually just give myself a bunch of options then choose at the last minute.i hate cutting off all the possibilities too far in advance.

as far as people i tend to figure them out really quick.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Clarhck, maybe you can ask about that in the "what's my type" subforum, which is created for that purpose.
The not good at planning points at P, indeed. What about improvising and flexibility? Are you good at that? Because P isn't only the bad things...

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
do all entps get angry when you do something(that requires logic) in wrong way and its pointed out?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Is that the reason why ENTPs seem to be fascinated by INFJs, because we are hard to figure out and have this whole mysterious thing going on?

:laugh:
Riightt
Is that how you justify being a wierdo?! ;)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
MagnificentMind said:
Are you an ENTP?

You mean the guy with the user name INTP?

I don't think so.

do all entps get angry when you do something(that requires logic) in wrong way and its pointed out?

Bah! I hate that :D I find being wrong when I believed otherwise annoying. Don't automatically get angry about it though and 99.9% of the time would prefer to know what is correct, still bugs my ego that I screwed up.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I can't say for all ENTPs... I'd get angry if I'm busy with something and absorbed by it and somebody starts commenting on it. Even if what they say is probably right; I can get stubborn and continue doing it my way just to prove it works too. If it doesn't, I'm mainly angry with myself.
If I'm struck and ask advice; or if I want some criticism, then go ahead and don't be afraid.

Are you an ENTP?
Probably yes :D but I won't be surprised nor put off if I turned out to be an INTP. As long as I'm allowed to enjoy teaching, that is.
(And I'll only stay ENTP if I'm still allowed to enjoy reading or writing all by myself.)

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Probably yes :D but I won't be surprised nor put off if I turned out to be an INTP. As long as I'm allowed to enjoy teaching, that is.
(And I'll only stay ENTP if I'm still allowed to enjoy reading or writing all by myself.)

Teachers are the best! Especially teachers who enjoy teaching. :yes: Even better, you're a teacher that loves teaching and learning. Wicked sweet.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
PIC or AVR µCs for the doomsday device ?

PIC
chip2.jpg

AVR
articletitle_th.jpg

Cost-efficient alternative:
computer_bad_day_window.jpg

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Teachers are the best! Especially teachers who enjoy teaching. :yes: Even better, you're a teacher that loves teaching and learning. Wicked sweet.
Thank you. That's very kind. It's hard to believe in myself as a teacher, sometimes.

ENTPs, do you generally believe in yourself? Do you have doubts? If yes, when?
My doubts are plenty whenever I'm not teaching. When I'm preparing, or otherwise occupied with teaching; except for the teaching part itself.
Is this a general thing? Doubting whether you can do something, but being happily absorbed and confident when you actually are busy with it?

@ Entropie: both, of course. Are you an ENTP or aren't you? :D

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Simultaneously yes and no. My mind is paradoxical.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Wow nyx, he sounds like the typical ENTP.

To answer your original question.

ENTP loves you! :hug:

I can't speak for all ENTP's obviously but here's what I know.

Your theory is valid. I could see myself behave in the way you described. And yes, you are being used to help shape the frameworks of their lives.

But is that such a bad thing? You are actually improving the life of someone you love, and better yet, you make him happy. And he makes you happy. As for the intense catching up and not seeing each other often. If the guy is as self-conscious as me he realizes that the two of you should catch up more often, but he may be afraid that it will become something casual. Passionate experiences are addictive to all ENTPs.
It could also be that he is afraid of emotional dependency, like you said. It can be hard for anybody to open up. But then again, if he feels safe with you then someday he will open up anyway. Best take it slow.

As for your final two questions.

It's love and you care because oxytocin is rushing through your brain every time you think of this guy. It's a powerful reaction, isn't it?

Yes and no, at the moment you're over-analysing, I think you're getting your emotional validation from this guy and it isn't working for you. You can think of the guy, but focus on the more practical side.

A good advice for feelers communicating with thinkers is to learn about S.M.A.R.T. goal setting. ENTPs are people pleasers and will want to know how to make you feel good. But don't throw too much emotions in the mix, because in the end only YOU are responsible for them and you can't rely on an ENTP to understand them all of the time.

Ooh, I just thought of something. For added effect, if you feel you have good enough rapport with him, give him the list on the back of a letter that graphically describes what you're going to do to him if he's a good boy. Sprinkle it in your perfume. Draw something on it. If the guy is anything like me, this would make it a game and a challenge, and drive him wild. Don't make it too personal, he will want to show this to all his friends.

Oh, and Please Do Me A Favor.

i liked the bit about ocytocin, it was so romantic

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Simultaneously yes and no. My mind is paradoxical.

Entp, the smug relativistic thinker
at least that s me
and it wouldn't be paradoxical if you had a better hold on/integration of your Ti

for perfectly non cocky purposes of comparison
the entj would be the (will to) power (driven) oriented absolutistic entrepreneur

clarhck

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
?
Clarhck, maybe you can ask about that in the "what's my type" subforum, which is created for that purpose.
The not good at planning points at P, indeed. What about improvising and flexibility? Are you good at that? Because P isn't only the bad things...

Activities where you have to be flexible and improve are the type I like.I like not having time to think that's when I'm the most effective.I usually defeat everyone I know in debating.I have a quick wit because of the way mind automatically connects things

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Usually not, the only time when I actually would have doubt is before anything important. I generally freak myself out thinking of the most random worst-case scenarios before say, an exam, or an emergency (lifeguarding gives me some doubts, too. It's so hard to remember all the rules :doh:). But once something happens or is happening, I have no doubts whatsoever.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
ENTPs!

It seems like most of you have picked a "path" that is totally random. I know one who is in the third world, doing relief work because it's his "calling," one who works in the music industry, another whose "calling" is in politics, and another who is a pro whitewater kayaker who wants to revert the world back to 1860.

How do you prioritize? Where do you get your ideas? Do you all have "callings" like this?

Oh, and do you get along with other ENTPs? Or is like putting two cats in the same room - totally unpredictable?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Path? Damn, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up... and I'm 30. I follow what smells good at the time. I need passion.

Meanwhile overseas relief work, music industry, politics and white water kayaking all sounds pretty kick ass as options to me!

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTPs!

It seems like most of you have picked a "path" that is totally random. I know one who is in the third world, doing relief work because it's his "calling," one who works in the music industry, another whose "calling" is in politics, and another who is a pro whitewater kayaker who wants to revert the world back to 1860.

How do you prioritize? Where do you get your ideas? Do you all have "callings" like this?

Oh, and do you get along with other ENTPs? Or is like putting two cats in the same room - totally unpredictable?

haha, I have my whole career planned (in a Percieverish way), because I have soooo many options. I want to be many different things. I love teaching people, I have exactly the right attitude for it, I'd do it in my spare time, so I guess that would be a calling. But before I do that, I need to get into research, because the earlier you do it, the higher chance you have of making a big discovery and becoming the best in your field. Then, when I'm hungering for money, I'll either learn engineering, or join a government defence agency, either ASIO or some other random one. Most of these things require that I go overseas, or interstate, so by the time I'm done, I'll have been everywhere man :cheese: