• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Do you ENTP's relate more to ENFP's, ESTP's or INTP's ??

INTP - definitely enjoy the conversation, but the whole lack of "time and a place for being nerdy" concept can be a bit off-putting

ENFP - fun while joking around. That changes really quickly when the darker side of my sense of humor starts to come out.

ESTP - probably the best for me. Lots of laughs, no subject too uncomfortable to broach, and while deeply intellectual conversation isn't usually the focus, it comes often enough to be enjoyable. Oh, and much better stories arise from these interactions than with the other two types.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

enfps are clearly mad, estps have a right philosophy of life but i'm more into experience for growth than experience for itself -sorry if i'm being reductory, i'm lazy-
Intps, mmmh, maybe. I have very intp moments, in my opinion at least, but when i read the intp description i'm like 'no.. no.. neither..nop' and never tested intp even when I feel like sitting on a sofa and playing my ps3 for a few days in a row or something

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

ENFPs: I relate with them, but not on their feeling level. At all. I know some that have become very vindictive after years pass; actually, I seem to be one of the few types of people that's able to tell them to "get over it" without them taking it personally.

INTPs: I like them. Very quiet individuals who have the capability to spar on my level; like EcK said, I have my "INTP moments" where I lose all ability to feel, and have the urge to hide in a hidden library in the woods.

ESTPs: I love them. So much. Even though they're the worst influences in the world. I relate to them a lot- and I'm actually starting to date one. We started having feelings for each other out of nowhere- at the same time. She's a damn handful though, Jesus. Like a tiger that'll kill everyone around it but me, haha.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You ENTPs secretly love us ISFPs right? :tongue:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

I relate a lot to both ENFP's and INTP's, but I relate in different ways. My thought process is like an INTP, but my worldview is like an ENFP. Common interests could easily go either way. (I tend to be interested in a lot of different things anyway.) I don't really relate at all to ESTP's.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
INTP when i go on quests of finding something interesting...i completely shut everyone out

ESTP at parties for sure...especially when we are drinking

ENFP...when im feeling very self-righteous

ENTP...there are some days when i feel very INTP but then i start talking to someone who seems interesting (more often than not, a girl) and i get very ENTP....dunno how, but i can just tell when someone is an N and will not scoff when i go 0 to 60 on N in less than 2 seconds

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Is Robert Downey Jr. an ENTP or ENFP? I'm asking because their is a thread attempting to type him and nearly everyone but me thinks he's ENFP.
I'm sorry, but I don't know who he is.

I guess it depends from one ENTP to the other.

I really have to be careful not to shun social interaction, even the sort of interaction that drains me, because even that gives lots of inspiration...
If I don't get my daily dose of interaction, I essentially become a disgruntled, frustrated INTP, except for the productivity part.

ENFP: part of the description was something like "ENFPs are great at making other people enthousiastic for something but are bad at following through". Fits me perfectly...

ESTP: don't give me that. Exchange Ne with Se? You'll get someone totally different.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not sure if this has been asked or not, but entps, how do you deal with boredom?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not sure if this has been asked or not, but entps, how do you deal with boredom?

Do something.

Might sound like a smartass comment but that's how I deal with it. If I'm bored and on my own I'll often go out to a coffee shop or the likes and read a book with other people around. If I'm bored around other people then it's probably because I don't know them well and the conversation doesn't interest me so I'll change the topic if I can otherwise I'll find a way to leave. Don't tend to get bored in other situations.

I have this thing in the back of my mind, which I'm pretty sure is my mother's voice, which doesn't allow me to say "I'm bored" and insists I do something immediately to quell any bored feelings (she used to tell us that if we were bored she had plenty of housework to give us... and she sure as hell meant it! She wanted us to use our imagination and be active so saying you were bored was a really, really bad thing).

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
You do have a Ne, don't you? There is always a new shiny theory to get interested in...

Okay... it is possible to get bored. It's even quite easy if you mistake yourself for an introvert.

Your Ne is not a Ni. I don't know if this is proper function usage, but I think it's something like this.
Ne generates ideas when triggered by outside events. Free time = Ne kill. So we generate ideas and make plans only when we can not realise them. When we actually have time to realise ideas and plans, we don't have any.

I think I'm in a really good situation now. I work part-time as a teacher. The fact that I've got to get out and teach now and then gives lots of inspiration. I take a little booklet everywhere and jot down ideas, dialogues, descriptions... I draw characters and battle plans...
The free time is Ti time: put it all together such that it fits.
Works very well for me.

There have been situations where I couldn't be but bored... A lecture that doesn't interest me and where I have to pay attention somehow... where I couldn't just imagine the blackboard melting away and myself flying through the hole.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Actually, why this "ENTP - bored" link? I've seen this coming up in more threads...
Are ENTPs easily bored? Why??

I always thought ENTPs couldn't get bored because, well, they generate ideas all the time and are enthousiastic about them, right?

I'm almost never bored... only when I have to do some mental job that's not yet challenging but still difficult enough so that I've got to keep my attention on it.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel like my whole life is a struggle to avoid boredom.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Wait...
We are talking about ENTPs, aren't we? The Inventors? The ones dominated by Ne, the mad idea generating function? Which is barely restrained by Ti to make us halfway logical?

How can you ever be bored?

It just doesn't fit. I guess I'm an exception then, but I don't see how anyone with a halfway decent Ne(*) can ever be bored... unless it's forced by the outside situation, of course.

(*) And I guess the ones without a halfway decent Ne can rely on their Se for the same purpose:D

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Wait...
We are talking about ENTPs, aren't we? The Inventors? The ones dominated by Ne, the mad idea generating function? Which is barely restrained by Ti to make us halfway logical?

How can you ever be bored?

It just doesn't fit. I guess I'm an exception then, but I don't see how anyone with a halfway decent Ne(*) can ever be bored... unless it's forced by the outside situation, of course.

(*) And I guess the ones without a halfway decent Ne can rely on their Se for the same purpose

Are you kidding me?

There have been countless threads on ENTP ennui. You should check them out sometime. Believe me, I'm already bored with this conversation and my Ne is more than half-decent, thank you very much.

Just because you generate ideas doesn't mean you don't get bored. :doh:

How many of these ideas do you see to fruition? Don't you ever get bored by something before you've even started working on it, simply because you've thought about it to death already? How many projects have you left unfinished because you were simply too bored to continue?