User Tag List

First 4989979899100101109149 Last

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Dear ENTP Nation...

I was recently invited into an online rpg by some friends, and I obliged. A long-standing (and grinning) ENTP male friend immediately dragged my avatar into bed and had his way with me several times before I knew what was happening. I was surprised and found myself doubled over laughing.

Question: How can I shield my avatar from sexful ENTP predation? I don't really want to defend myself, but I do at least want to put up a good fight. This rpg does not furnish guns or fly swatters.
    You can't.

Unrelated: Wanna date my mini sim in Sim Social

Oh and eta: the more your avatar fights, the better it is for us. Pinch, slap, play dead, and he'll love it even more!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    I have this assembly line view of the functions. Ne looks at the outside world for connections and possibilities, Ti filters out what's okay and gives feedback. It's rather an assembly room instead of a line. I'd try to come up with fitting ideas, not just random ones. And to make connections, you've got to use your experience too. You can't see the rim of water in a glass as an example of adhesion and cohesion if you don't know what adhesion and cohesion are. Why is it scientific theories rather than poetry filling my memory? I think it has something to do with Ti being there in that room.
    I'm not saying our Feeling cousins can't do science, of course. Everybody is welcome to do science and be amazed by it.
    That is a really good description it manages to capture the mental organisation and chaos, the duality of it all. It undeniably clicks with me, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Better question:

Does anyone here dislike identifying with the ENTP description?
    There are definitely certain facets I don’t particularly like or agree with. The whole spending my entire existence running from one argument to the next, satisfying my deep seated insecurities about not being always right and of course my ultra competitive nature; for those of you who don’t know entps compare notes on the numbers whenever we meet annually at the Great Temple of The Supreme ENTP Who Is To Come With The Argument To End Time. I haven’t seen the point in that attitude I’m like a mind flayer, I want all that delicious knowledge in your head and getting you riled up about it isn’t a particularly intelligent way to do. It’s a lot simpler to actively listen. People are social creatures, deep down they all like talking and the right situation and attitude provide the catalyst needed to facilitate.

Dear ENTP Nation...

I was recently invited into an online rpg by some friends, and I obliged. A long-standing (and grinning) ENTP male friend immediately dragged my avatar into bed and had his way with me several times before I knew what was happening. I was surprised and found myself doubled over laughing.

Question: How can I shield my avatar from sexful ENTP predation? I don't really want to defend myself, but I do at least want to put up a good fight. This rpg does not furnish guns or fly swatters.
    So to clarify it wasn’t that he did it, but how he did it. :yim_rolling_on_the_
    That is awesome, have you considered turning the tables on him? I say this basing it on an assumption that you picked a dainty attractive female avatar? You could make a new character that was bigger and have your way with him or level your character up? But how does it work, is it a level roll or strength roll (probably not as that would be slightly strange and creepy). Oh I’m guessing he is the kind of guy that picks you up and swings you around whenever you meet up right?

Quote Originally Posted by Trollogo View Post
    That is awesome, have you considered turning the tables on him? I say this basing it on an assumption that you picked a dainty attractive female avatar? You could make a new character that was bigger and have your way with him or level your character up?

I love this answer.

Yes! Get a big beefy guy as your new avatar and try to have your way with HIM. He will probably find it hilarious. Bonus if he changes his to a dainty woman and you both have a grande old time together (if you know what I mean) as the opposite sex.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

How is an ENTP supposed to pick one thing to do with their lives? How many ENTPs, or people for that matter, are successful juggling several indepth jobs, while managing free time? Must we compromise?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

^ Yes. Any help with this question would be much appreciated here, as well.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

From the ENFJ thread, moved to here since my question is about ENTPs.

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I think with ENTPs (at least in the workplace) they are more like snappy piranhas (or chihuahuas) with a potentially big bite. It's always snap-snap-snap-snap and you're like "Jebus, we get it, settle down" - basically there is a pre-emptive warning and attitude or energy thrown out. With an ENFJ I think it's more a happy face that is thrown out but you can tell the lion is just being nice. Healthy ENFJs remind me of Leos in astrology, they have are magnanimous but you know they can swipe you with their claws at any time.
    Do you mean that ENTPs always seem like that to you at work, or are you just comparing the diff ways that diff types show their claws?

I'm asking cuz I really want to know. I'd like to get a better understanding of how I come across in the workplace to those I clash with. For me it's pretty rare to clash with people, but when I do, it seems like they want to murder me and I can't figure out what I did to enrage them so. Is one insensitivity slip (like arguing logic with someone who wants emotional validation) enough to bring out that kind of ferocity?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    I'm asking cuz I really want to know. I'd like to get a better understanding of how I come across in the workplace to those I clash with. For me it's pretty rare to clash with people, but when I do, it seems like they want to murder me and I can't figure out what I did to enrage them so. Is one insensitivity slip (like arguing logic with someone who wants emotional validation) enough to bring out that kind of ferocity?
    I imagine it might have something to do with the ENTP having a little too much fun with the disagreement, which could make the other party feel like they're not being taken seriously. Other times it can be that the ENTP is talking down to the opposition, because they think their view is "right/better."

But it would probably help if you could offer a quote by quote example. Then we can all judge you.

But seriously, it's hard to help without details.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    I imagine it might have something to do with the ENTP having a little too much fun with the disagreement, which could make the other party feel like they're not being taken seriously. Other times it can be that the ENTP is talking down to the opposition, because they think their view is "right/better."

But it would probably help if you could offer a quote by quote example. Then we can all judge you.

But seriously, it's hard to help without details.
    True, true. The problem is that I don't know when the problem started, I just noticed a subtle undertone that seemed like seething anger. I think you're right that it's difficult without details, but I think your general descriptions are helpful anyway.

It happened with two people I worked with in the past. I got along great with everyone else I worked with, so that probably suggests that it's something specific I do sometimes that those two people hated, while it doesn't bother most other people.

OK, so looking at your examples and thinking about it. I am generally respectful to everyone, but may be sometimes a little too direct when I'm really busy. Like if someone says something that is technically incorrect, I might just come out and correct them on the spot, so it might have been something like that that made them feel disrespected. In engineering, normally everyone understands pretty clearly who is technically knowledgeable about what, so it's normally OK to correct people when you're the one with the technical knowledge trump card for that particular issue, but maybe not OK with some people.

I've also gotten feedback from others here in past convos which was also useful, so I'll take all of that info and think about it.

Thanks!

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Do you mean that ENTPs always seem like that to you at work,
    Pretty much her perception I think, but accurate IMO.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Pretty much her perception I think, but accurate IMO.
    OK, thanks. I don't understand the description and I don't mind whether it's flattering or not (probably not ), but I can understand why @CzeCze might be reluctant to explain it further, haha.