User Tag List

First 488896979899100108148 Last

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

These are all great toilet seat ideas.

Personally, I keep a stack of logs beside my desk. I bring one with me to the restroom and set it down across the toilet seat. It's just like being out in nature.

I was also thinking you could just install a squat toilet in your house (like in China).

Although they smell something fierce because they don't have that fancy odour trapping bend in the pipe that western toilets have (instead it's just a direct line to the sewers). If you can come up with a solution to that you might have the perfect squat toilet. Well, ok, add splash guards to either side of the foot grooves (maybe just a problem for teh ladies) and then it would be the perfect squat toilet.

Question, though: why don't you want to sit on the toilet seat? It's not really that unsanitary (ie. many more everyday things are much more unsanitary).

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    Question 1: Which NT types do most ENTP get along with? Why?
    Question 2: Which NF types do you have conflicts with easily? Why?
    No idea about real-life people, because I don't know their types. But maybe it means something that I really struggled to get a realistic and nice ENTJ into my fiction, and that quite some of my villains are ENFJs...
    Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Let's say you found yourself unemployed and out of school for a few weeks.
    What would you do to prevent yourself going crazy from boredom?
    Writing. If Ne doesn't work properly, try to sleep until it does.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Question 1: Which NT types do most ENTP get along with? Why?
    INTPs taste like cotton candy, what's not to like?

Most often they are a quieter more technical version of me which means I can talk about the random stuff I enjoy and they'll listen, interjecting to add relevant data, and all this without thinking I'm crazy.

They can be quite de-motivational, though.

Question 2: Which NF types do you have conflicts with easily? Why?
    I dislike conflict, while I can be resistant with letting go of "winning" so to speak, I will usually not take it to the point of conflict. Allowing something to get to the point of conflict is also an indication of my investment in the other person, if I do not care about them I'll just walk away.

The root of many issues with INFPs (from my perspective) is their stubbornness and lack of directness. With INFJs it tends to be more about my not living up to their standards or expectations. The former bugs me while the latter can bum me out. Ergo, conflict with INFJs bothers me more.

I've not experienced conflict with ENFPs, it seems easy to keep the focus on "fun". ENFJs are a mixed bag that I either respect instantly, or clash with instantly.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

Do you feel that you use Ne in a different way to ENFPs? I've read the descriptions of some affirmed ENFPs and they seem quite strange to me. But Ne is an information gathering function, so it would have perhaps have little impact on the development of said information, like the start of an assembly line?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Trollogo View Post
    Do you feel that you use Ne in a different way to ENFPs? I've read the descriptions of some affirmed ENFPs and they seem quite strange to me. But Ne is an information gathering function, so it would have perhaps have little impact on the development of said information, like the start of an assembly line?
    I have this assembly line view of the functions. Ne looks at the outside world for connections and possibilities, Ti filters out what's okay and gives feedback. It's rather an assembly room instead of a line. I'd try to come up with fitting ideas, not just random ones. And to make connections, you've got to use your experience too. You can't see the rim of water in a glass as an example of adhesion and cohesion if you don't know what adhesion and cohesion are. Why is it scientific theories rather than poetry filling my memory? I think it has something to do with Ti being there in that room.
    I'm not saying our Feeling cousins can't do science, of course. Everybody is welcome to do science and be amazed by it.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    The root of many issues with INFPs (from my perspective) is their stubbornness and lack of directness.
    Accurate.

The problem stems from the fact ENTPs consider "directness" to be a laudable quality - they use it themselves, therefore everyone else should; that's how things get done properly! This isn't the case and INFPs secretly know this. Directness works...but only sometimes. Since you don't believe this/respect this line of thinking, we are likely to withdraw and hold back because that seems like the most tactful thing to do. We're saying something you don't like, so we're going to stop saying it.

I think this annoys ENTPs because it appears to them like we are retreating in a cowardly way. We're not, but then again we don't feel a need to inform you of this subtle difference because you might not care about it anyway. Hence - silence. The problem might be that it feels to you (i.e. ENTPs) like we are pulling the rug from under your feet; we've just ruined everything by being too emotional, or something.

If you want to improve your relationship with INFPs (you might not, howeveer!) I would suggest you focus on the beauty or genius of a process/theory/discipline you both like. I have had many discussions with technically-minded ENTXs about the beauty of viaducts or the genius of Isambard Kingdom Brunel, for example. Personally, I love techincal/logical things because I think "Wow - somebody actually thought of that!"

INFPs in general enjoy seeing acts of creativity no matter the field in which it occurs.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

Better question:

Does anyone here dislike identifying with the ENTP description?
    Last edited by funkadelik; 08-27-2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: better question

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Better question:

Does anyone here dislike identifying with the ENTP description?
    Nope.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Dear ENTP Nation...

I was recently invited into an online rpg by some friends, and I obliged. A long-standing (and grinning) ENTP male friend immediately dragged my avatar into bed and had his way with me several times before I knew what was happening. I was surprised and found myself doubled over laughing.

Question: How can I shield my avatar from sexful ENTP predation? I don't really want to defend myself, but I do at least want to put up a good fight. This rpg does not furnish guns or fly swatters.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious