User Tag List

First 46869495969798106146 Last

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

A window to the soul

This question goes out to the ENTP's that are in a committed relationship. How long have you dated your current SO? For the ones that are married, how long did you date your spouse?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    This question goes out to the ENTP's that are in a committed relationship. How long have you dated your current SO? For the ones that are married, how long did you date your spouse?
    Count me in the serial monogamy club. Although when I was younger, I did have trouble choosing. Especially because I went from pizza face in high school to getting lots of attention in uni (luckily got my face cleared up on time for it). I remember having serious crushes on 3 guys all at once, and having trouble deciding which one to go out with.

But after choosing one of them, I had a series of long-term relationships. My first real boyfriend was for 1 1/2 yrs, and after that they ranged from 1 1/2 to 5 yrs long.

I think part of the reason I didn't get bored with them was because I can tell pretty quickly if I find someone interesting or not, so did the screening for boredom at the front end. Also, I was always really picky about who I was willing to go out with, and would take my time and enjoy being single for awhile between relationships.

My INTJ hub and I were together for 4 1/2 yrs before we got married last year. Most people who don't know us well assume that I was waiting anxiously that long for him to propose, but we actually talked about it early on and decided not to get married unless and until we were both sure we wanted the same things in the long term. And that meant waiting for me to make up my mind about something major.

(I wasn't sure whether I wanted kids or not, so we waited until I was sure about it. The timing coincidentally worked out well because he was eligible to become a US citizen just on time for us to get married when we wanted to, which then made me eligible for a green card. Up until now, I've been in the US on work visas, so I'm excited that I'll finally be free to work where I want without having to worry about work visas.)

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I made a long post about my follow-up questions and now it's all gone!!!

I'll do this at another time, and I hope you guys wouldn't mind to answer even though if it's a little late.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    I made a long post about my follow-up questions and now it's all gone!!!

I'll do this at another time, and I hope you guys wouldn't mind to answer even though if it's a little late.
    Boo, I hate when that happens. It happened to me in the past until I got into the habit of copying what I wrote just before I hit reply. (That way if the original gets lost in the ether, I can just paste it back in to a new Reply box.)

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Boo, I hate when that happens. It happened to me in the past until I got into the habit of copying what I wrote just before I hit reply. (That way if the original gets lost in the ether, I can just paste it back in to a new Reply box.)
    I do that, too. Cause if there's one thing I HATE HATE HATE it would be doing work twice.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    I do that, too. Cause if there's one thing I HATE HATE HATE it would be doing work twice.
    Exaaactly!

MBTI
    ENTP

Dated for five years, married for almost four. Next year we're going to give some parties!
    Hubby: we can even choose, 10 years together or 5 years married.
    Me: Both! The more parties the merrier!
    Hubby: You organize them.
    Me: Well I *do*have the biggest Fe... *grin*
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Dating for 1 year and a few months, and recently engaged.

I was also married for a couple years in my early twenties. You know, just for the hell of it.
    INTPish ENTP with sporadic INFP tendencies
    (also kind of indecisive)
    4w5

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Question 1: Which NT types do most ENTP get along with? Why?

Question 2: Which NF types do you have conflicts with easily? Why?

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    Question 1: Which NT types do most ENTP get along with? Why?

Question 2: Which NF types do you have conflicts with easily? Why?
    I like all NT's; it's kick off your boots and let your hair down fun times. Give me enthusiastic, intelligent people that can hold their own in a conversation. I get along naturally well with INTP's and ENTP's. Admittedly, I enjoy fiery debates with xNTJ's until we abruptly veer off the road and get stuck in the mud. Let the mud slingin begin!

I guess I get along with everybody, but I don't enjoy everybody as much as I ultimately want to. For instance, I know I don't fully appreciate what NF's bring to a conversation. For those NF's in my inner circle, I will go above and beyond the call, to filter through the stuff & fluff, and understand. It's drama baby drama sometimes though! Just please don't resist my charm. : D