User Tag List

First 78910111959109 Last

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by alexx View Post
    Do ENTP's get attached quickly?
    No, getting attached to people is really hard for me. I can become "pals" with someone real quick and have fun with them, but there is little real emotional attachment on my end.

Do they feel it is really hard for people to "understand" them?
    For the most part yes. I've learned that most of the time people don't want to take time to learn all the details, so I've trained myself to give a quick watered down version as my initial response to anything and then see if the person is still interested in learning more. If a person wanted to know the real me then, they'd have to be willing to be exposed to my thought process.

Is it unusual for an ENTP to be artistic above "thinking and rational"?
    Most definitely. Intuition is in the driver's seat, and that is what decides what needs to be done. Intuition has two advisors: thinking and feeling. I like to go to thinking first to see what he comes up with, but sometimes he just doesn't have what it takes to get the job done. Then I need to go to feeling to help me out. So if intuition invents an artistic type job it wants done, then feeling plays a much more important role then it normally would in decision making.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by alexx View Post
    Do ENTP's get attached quickly?
    As mentioned, not particularly. When it comes to people, we're eternal tourists. We might be impressed by them at first, but out of sight, out of mind for the most part.

An ENTP is never going to fall in love at first sight, for example. He or she will rationalize out of that way too early in the process.

Do they feel it is really hard for people to "understand" them?
    You have no idea. Imagine being a tour guide of someone else's house, giving that person the tour. That's what it can feel like - you're really excited about the world we live in and all the cool things involved in it, but another person will think you're just making a huge deal out of the most mundane thing.

There's also the "universal benificence" thing that most people don't get. To put it in less flattering terms, we really assume the best of you until you've given us a reason not to. Not only that, but we assume you do the same of us. Consequently, whenever others interpret our statements to be potshots at them, it leaves us confused and wondering what the hell happened.

Along the same lines, most people do not realize that we do not make statements that judge others' character. Those determinations are entirely internal, and kept to ourselves. Statements we make that seem like such usually are opinions on the consequences of a person's behavior.

Is it unusual for an ENTP to be artistic above "thinking and rational"?
    I'm not sure. I'd guess it's related to which particular sensory/motor center a person is strongest in.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    How would you tackle the process of writing a research paper?
    In my defense, I am a terrible person.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    How would you tackle the process of writing a research paper?
    Stimulants, and lots of them.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

How does it feel to be ignored?

I spent the majority of my weekend with ESTP and INFP friends, so I was more comfortable than usual when it came to blurting out whatever came to my mind.

Then I ran into people I sort of knew and decided to have dinner with them; they didn't react the same way, actually quite the opposite. They didn't react- at all. Then I began to think they were ignoring me.

I felt like I was delivering jokes on stage to a bad audience.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

You can yell at me, argue, hurt me, laugh at me, offend me, but when people start to ignore me, it's way more worse than all of the above

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by theaferist View Post
    You can yell at me, argue, hurt me, laugh at me, offend me, but when people start to ignore me, it's way more worse than all of the above
    :rolli:who said that :rolli:

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    :rolli:who said that :rolli:

I did! The thing is, that when people ignore you there's no way how to prove you're right. But when they do all the things i mentioned before, you always have a chance to violate them back, mentally of course

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by theaferist View Post
    I did! The thing is, that when people ignore you there's no way how to prove you're right. But when they do all the things i mentioned before, you always have a chance to violate them back, mentally of course
    Ah, so we are getting to the nub, it's all about being right, so NT....

LOL, I do it too, NT we need to learn to embrace wrongess

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by fill View Post
    How does it feel to be ignored?
    I agree with the above posters. I feel very, very bad when I'm ignored. I want feedback!
    Oh, I don't really need to prove I'm right. But I want to be either right or wrong! I want you to argue if you think I'm wrong. I want to discuss.
    If you prove me wrong, I will gladly say so and thank you for correcting me. I even prefer that to people agreeing to make me feel better or something.
    But I want interaction. I want to be heard. I want you to find my opinions interesting enough to either agree or disagree.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women