User Tag List

First 3171798081828391131 Last

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    what are things in the work place that really piss you off?
    Coworkers...
    Anti-team behavior, whining, hard-code, sneaky half-ass work-arounds, shy/poor communication when we're down to the wire, not speaking up when you need help, and for the love of all that's holy please don't go into a live production data table and start tweaking data directly!!

MBTI
    ENTP

The stupidest thing is, if you don't complain about your workload, people will assume you have it easy and give you more work. I don't want more work. No, I'm not writing in order to cope with the problems at the school. I'm writing because I like it and because, when I'm immersed in my story, the problems at school are far, far away.
    I just don't want to spend time complaining - it doesn't get any work done and it isn't fun to do.
    The result? I never complained until I fell seriously ill, and even then my husband had to drag me to the doctor, because I didn't feel I had the right to annoy other people with my complaints/worries.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    I didn't feel I had the right to annoy other people with my complaints/worries.
    I know how you feel.

Riva

Does Ne work only when you are with other people. Do you feel you lose your Ne when alone? Well not completely lose it, but feels that Ne is stronger when you are with other people than alone?

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Does Ne work only when you are with other people. Do you feel you lose your Ne when alone? Well not completely lose it, but feels that Ne is stronger when you are with other people than alone?
    People often inspire me, so I think Ne is functioning at optimum levels when I'm around people.

Riva

Could you explain why it is so?

A window to the soul

Could you explain why it is so?
    Or maybe it's the other way around, that when I can inspire people, I'm more inspired; or a little of both. Either way, optimism is a motivator. I like to be around others with a similar mindset that work with me. I like to bounce my ideas off of intelligent people as I'm working through concepts or coming up with solutions that are much greater than what's commonly known/accepted. I guess 'people' aren't required for Ne, but people (that I respect) are one of the preferred sources.

In a nutshell, 'people' are a source of insight that drives Ne to form a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    - Shoddy management
    - A business model/structure that cuts corners in all the wrong places, leaving gaping holes for employees to fall through
    - When people don't look out for each other or work cooperatively for a common goal.
    - Drama between employees (employees that stir up drama). I have no patience or time (in my general life) for that shit.

And WORST of all:
    - Not being treated like a smart, competent adult with valuable input and abilities. I can do my job without being coddled. Here, let me show you!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

No, no and no.

It entertains me for hours/days/weeks on end with all the random connections and possibilities it finds, truth be told while I feed off other people's input a whole heap there are plenty of times I have to tone down my external displays of Ne or be on the recieving end of a lot of and

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by knight
    1. incompetence in those in positions of authority.
    2. being told what to do in situations where I'm perfectly capable of surviving and even thriving without some dickwad attempting to micromanage my workload.
    3. people treating me as though my word cannot be trusted/I don't know what I'm talking about... basically people questioning what I'm saying without a valid reason.
    4. incompetence in anyone else.
    5. gossip and all the talk of TV shows as if they are reality.
    6. static workloads.
    7. people who do not admit to and own their mistakes.