User Tag List

First 3070787980818290130 Last

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    How bout a book made of guns?

The cover can have a disclaimer: "if you don't finish me in 10 hours I'll blow your face off."

At least for action/adventure books. It's like those interactive things...except way more interesting.
    Hahahahahaha maybe if you read a romance book while being held hostage by the book you develop Stockholm-Syndrome and you'ld get an entry in the guiness book of records cause while reading a book and being totally introvert you were hold hostage and has found the love of your life whats a total extrovert thing
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Dear fellow ENTPs.

For over 70 pages this thread has been the helpful question-answering thread I meant it to be. At the first few posts people expected the thing to derail and get forgotten, just like the previous "ask an ENTP" threads. It didn't derail then.

Please don't let it derail now.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

A thread from, over and with entps that isnt to be derailed. You know if other types find out about how we are in our private threads, they'll come with forks and torches and demand our heads !

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

what are things in the work place that really piss you off?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

People who are nice to you all the time but wouldnt hesitate to stab you if that means for them getting the better job position. Thats why I basically want to become my own boss, nothing is more taxing or hurtful to me in the long run like colleagues I have to see every day and who suck.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    People who seem to be working but aren't. Example. I went to the school to help the other teachers prepare for visiting parents/new students. I found my colleagues in a circle talking about who would get the best job next year, and how unfair the schedule will get divided etc etc. From a distance, they seemed to discuss Serious Business. I stood there among them, losing my time, knowing fully well that, if I left, *I* would be seen as the slacker! Pissed off indeed.
    I'm the other way around, I tend to work with a smile, so people think I'm just amusing myself. Well, I try to, and sometimes I do amuse myself while working (especially while teaching), but that doesn't mean I'm not working.
    If you don't have to work, stop complaining and use your time to do something fun.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    People who are nice to you all the time but wouldnt hesitate to stab you if that means for them getting the better job position.
    Would you prefer them to be crude all the time?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Would you prefer them to be crude all the time?
    no i would like to work with people i can trust, in that regards the army would have been a good place for me. i like kameradschaft and the fellowship of the rings you now. it feels good to do something honorable toegether and to accomplish a goal than to be always only motivated by challenge and fight.

a famous german scientist, von weizäcker lately said on a business fair i visited that we have to decide between a future driven by competition and oligopoles and rich mega companies or between a future of mutual corporation, of diversity and of quasi altruistic support for each other. he said that companies always wanted to have 'less state' and to be more independet, but when for example the financial crisis hit, people were screaming for the state to help and to interfere.

i am conviced that it is better for humanitys future if they learn to cooperate again, i do not want to live in a future of challenge like the clan people in Battletech

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

thank you entropie and tamske.

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    - Asskissing
    (if you actually excel at your job, you don't need to kiss ass; the work will speak for you, before you can speak for yourself, and the bosses will be kissing YOUR ass just to keep you happy so you can keep doing the caliber of job you're doing and so they don't lose you)

- Slacking off when there is work to be done/socializing when there is work to be done
    [esp. when others have to pick up your slack in a team (at its extreme, slacking off is equivalent to motherfucking stealing MONEY, you fool! You're taking their money when you have done nothing to deserve it but to their "knowledge" you are "working"!)]

- Ineptitude/lack of initiative, drive to do independent work
    [I have patience for appreciating different people's learning curves, but, there's a threshold where it gets old, esp. if I see you are not taking the initiative to learn when you know it's something you don't fully grasp. And I explained it once, twice, thrice, and even covered your ass doing the work for you the first few times, but, still you're not getting it. Then, I rather you get the fuck out of my way rather than "do" stuff, only to mess it up, and I have to spend time to clean up your mistakes. I'd rather do the job myself, from the start]

- Drama
    [I don't give a damn who you want to bitch about, unless what you're saying is a valid point that needs to be addressed for the sake of work efficiency, otherwise, trite complaints about coworkers, whose personality you don't like, your mother-in-law's attitude, the colour of the sky, how you survived your flu, etc., etc., etc., makes me want to drive my head through the computer screen. Shut the fuck up, I ain't your therapist!]

- People who don't take ownership for their mistakes, and extra piss-off, if they try to make another person shoulder their mistake

- Sloppy work
    [if you're going to spend the time to do the work, why wouldn't you do it to perfection the first time around, and make sure to cover all your bases?]

- Repetitive, boring work

- People who want you to cover their ass when they're slacking off, or trying to get away with something

- Trite compliments from bosses, without any real feedback on where one could improve
    [it feels like a stalemate]

- Bossy, micro-managing people
    [if I'm not doing my job, then, and only then, come talk to me, otherwise, fuck off!]

- Whiners
    [In response, sometimes, I make my voice very nasally and whine about people whining. One coworker in particular, who reminds me of Eeyore, I asked one day, after a particularly laborious session of listening to her whine, "Are you ever happy?" She doesn't talk to me any more, thank dog!]

- Arrogant motherfuckers
    [again, ties back to my first point, if you're that good, you don't need to preach it......it'll speak for itself]