First 2565737475767785125 Last

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Do ENTP's ever really like people? My boyfriends dad is an ENTP, and I feel like I probably read him better than most... but I sense a very strange, kinda.. dislike for people in general. Kinda like he really thinks everyone is a complete moron that can't be trusted, but he masks it well through witty remarks and charm. I sense that he reserves any authentic, emotional sentiment for those very close to him... pretty much his wife and kid. I don't even sense a real emotional connection to his own parents (my boyfriends grandparents) ... just more of an obligatory relation. Is this possible?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Ginkgo

We hate ENTPs. They think too much.

Ginkgo

How can we get ENTPs to stop thinking for themselves?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Do ENTP's ever really like people? My boyfriends dad is an ENTP, and I feel like I probably read him better than most... but I sense a very strange, kinda.. dislike for people in general. Kinda like he really thinks everyone is a complete moron that can't be trusted, but he masks it well through witty remarks and charm. I sense that he reserves any authentic, emotional sentiment for those very close to him... pretty much his wife and kid. I don't even sense a real emotional connection to his own parents (my boyfriends grandparents) ... just more of an obligatory relation. Is this possible?
    Sure. To both questions.

Was that all you needed in an answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    We hate ENTPs. They think too much.
    Don't make me think this through until I loathe on you!

Be more charming, clever and quick than the ENTP, if they take all that in then you may have a chance at disarming them for a moment. Moment.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

lol so this question is going to be rip off from EJCC's thread

Too many pages, can't be bothered to flip or search :P

Ne + Fe loop, how does it look like?

How does inferior Si manifest ltself under times of stress?
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    Can Ne be controlled?
    No. Even in the most serious situation possible, it can always happen that a 'fail picture' from google or that certain utube link pops into your fron

What do you do when you realize people are idiots?
    The question is phrased poorly, a better question would be: what did I do when I realized people are idiots ?

How do you get over feeling bad for trying to find non idiots?
    Well that's given the asumption I tried to find non idiots and I have given up on that a long time ago.

Why are even the non-idiots idiots?
    For the same reason why the idiots aint accepted in my club.

How do you stop yourself from getting bored?
    When I was younger I smoked and masturbated. Now its only masturbating left... :/ (of course I choosed the word masturbation over ejaculation for a pure self-loving arrogant reason. Not because my english sucks )

How do you stop yourself from laughing at people for doing something they know is a bad idea?
    I never do that, I'll have to laugh at myself then everyday. On the contrary I admire people who have courage in their bad ideas.

How do you get over feeling bad for getting people to trust you then manipulating them to stupid stuff because "you were bored"?
    That question I really dont understand .

Yes, 100%. Tho it feels more like nothing really on a daily basis, but if something could happen like you could loose your parents, then real feeling arises. It's like 'feeling on demand', pretty awesome when you ask me. Only problem is once the demand was made, it tends to dont go away !

You know entps very poorly, they never think for themselves
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    Dunno, I have never been able to separate Ti from my Ne so that loop bizzo doesn't fly with me.

It's horrible, nasty, soul crushing stuff

Luckily Quenk has already written things better than I could so I needn't traumatise myself by retelling the experiences. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...rior-enps.html

It's not really as personal as "like" and "dislike" really. Thing is, I don't take many things seriously, including most of my relations with people. If that person is a moron, I'll take my relationship with them even less personally (ie. seriously). If they are someone who has won my respect/admiration/found my "mushy" buttons, I'll invest more energy in taking our relationship more seriously. This means I'll invest more precious energy in being emotionally attune to that person. I'll watch what I say around them. I'll try to do little behavioural things FOR that person.

But things like being family don't factor into that, really. Kind of just an arbitrary relationship. If I don't get along with someone in my family I'm supposed to ignore that and love them anyway? See how silly that sounds? What have we done for each other to garner that relationship? Give me some good reasons WHY I should invest emotional energy into our relationship and I will. But most of the time no one does, but we're still expected to be dutiful to our family members. So I do, cause society says so, but yeah you're right, it's more of a duty - an obligation.

Frontal lobotomy?

Umm...not sure? Gonna extrapolate from theory and say it looks like neuroticism in the face of social activities. Uncharacteristic self doubt, over-the-top displays of unfelt emotion (in an attempt to manipulate the other person into liking you), seeing what would be the socially acceptable course of action but not knowing how to act accordingly/going deliberately against that to get a rise out of people.

See how easy it is to just make up a bunch of pseudo-intellectual garble? I dunno...there may be some kernels of truth in it.

Kaspar's link it pretty good, actually. Saves time and *sobs* heartache.

figsfiggyfigs

I think I've asked this in here before, but heck, why not, I'll ask again...

Why are you guys such little sluts?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am no slut on the contrary I am a serial monogamist
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]