User Tag List

First 2262707172737482122 Last

Results 711 to 720 of 1568

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

  1. #711
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I've got a question:

    What would you say is the biggest gap/divide between the ENFP and the ENTP? I mean this practically, not all this theory mumbo-jumbo. But in your experience, what has been the thing that makes you say, "Wow, they are so much different than we are?"

    ENFPs always assume they know what you are feeling.
    ENTPs always assume they know better than you.
    Both are obnoxious, if you ask me.

  2. #712
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    ENTPs, do you have rapid mood changes? If you're in a foul/depressed mood, do you actively try and change it or do you just ride it out?
    Some of the time my mood will change rapidly, and sometimes I'll get myself stuck in one mood for quite a while. With the rapid states I'll keep searching and adding new things to find something that is interesting and keeps me going. But when stuck in a more depressed mood it is harder to get things rolling.


    Quote Originally Posted by 404 Not Found View Post
    Do ENTPs project absolutely every thought or idea onto other people, so they can live that thought (or avoid that danger) themselves?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    That's what imaginary people are for.
    I also live out my thoughts by the means of stories and projecting things on imaginary people... though I'm still not quite sure what this question is about.


    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    What would you say is the biggest gap/divide between the ENFP and the ENTP?
    It is often when I get a glimpse of the internal world of the ENFP that I get a sense of a difference. It seems like ENFPs are better at working out personal sorts of things with other people and generally show more of a deep, genuine affection.


    Quote Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
    If you tested as an ENTP twice in a row, what would you do?
    Say "Well that was boring. Let's see if another test will say something else..."



    Or do you mean, "If you currently don't identify as an ENTP and test as such twice in a row...." In that case, a good starting point is to read the descriptions and look into what cognitive functions you prefer.

  3. #713
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
    If you tested as an ENTP twice in a row, what would you do?
    ...and another one bites the dust.

  4. #714
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    I read some thing about ENTP`s and I know for sure Im not one anyway. from what I understand or the impression I get is ENTP`s are mercurial, changing from one thing to another. no real strong foundation, like your moral compass is always spinning or you can`t really get a reading cause there is no North pole or south pole. no up or down.

    ...
    an entp seems to always be evaluating, Im wondering how this constant changing plays out with the people around them and if it alienates them or people lose fall behind cause they are not on the current expansion pack for the ENTP`s thoughts and eventually give up?
    There's a difference between always remaining open to receiving new information which could change the way you view something (the basis of Ne) and not having any foundation. I have a strongly Fe driven moral compass, it consists of live and let live and do not push your morals on other people, what I don't have is a strong Fi driven internal code. Combine those two elements together (Ne+Fe) and I may not approve of someone hurting another person but I will remain open to understanding their motives rather than condemn them.

    If you give me good information which encourages me to change my opinion then it means you have presented something I perceive internally to be true and logical (Ti) the rest of the time I am constantly challenging people to do so while keeping myself open to the chance of changing my view, without that actually happening.

    I have a north and a south, talk to me about marriage equality for example and you'll find I have very little gray area, but most things are simply not black and white to me, most things have not been debated to the point, or have enough personal involvement, where I feel I have all the available information to see injustice on one side.


    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    ENFPs always assume they know what you are feeling.
    ENTPs always assume they know better than you.
    So you say!


    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I've got a question:

    What would you say is the biggest gap/divide between the ENFP and the ENTP? I mean this practically, not all this theory mumbo-jumbo. But in your experience, what has been the thing that makes you say, "Wow, they are so much different than we are?"
    Ime, they care about you [you being anyone], I don't.


    Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    what are the common problems you experience with being an ENTP? you forget things alot? do people misunderstand you in communication? do they think you are wishy washy? are you seen as people who can`t take anything serious or not reliable?
    Procrastination. That one's a bitch. Not doing that which needs to be done because something exciting and shiny is calling me.

    Don't think anyone has ever considered using the term "wishy-washy" around me, I am quite grounded, just easily distracted is all.


    Quote Originally Posted by 404 Not Found View Post
    Do ENTPs project absolutely every thought or idea onto other people, so they can live that thought (or avoid that danger) themselves?
    The world hears about 15% of my thoughts and ideas.

  5. #715
    Senior Member Shimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    That was sarcasm right ? Cause I'ld think of myself to be the exact opposite
    Nop, I'm really quite strong minded, and I do have an excellent memory.

    Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    I read some thing about ENTP`s and I know for sure Im not one anyway. from what I understand or the impression I get is ENTP`s are mercurial, changing from one thing to another. no real strong foundation, like your moral compass is always spinning or you can`t really get a reading cause there is no North pole or south pole. no up or down.

    I think with an ENTJ, they are more likely to hammer who they are into people they associate with more with consistency in values or thoughts, changes ideas throw things out when something is outdated is no longer useful..

    an entp seems to always be evaluating, Im wondering how this constant changing plays out with the people around them and if it alienates them or people lose fall behind cause they are not on the current expansion pack for the ENTP`s thoughts and eventually give up?

    I have not met a real ENTP and Im still learning about the theories, this whole image in my mind could be off or may need some fine tuning
    I have a very strong foundation, but that's what it is. A foundation, the part of the structure you don't see. The randomness you talk about is just the result of enthousiastic fascination with pretty much every thing, object, idea or person. If you or anybody else can't keep up with it it's quite easy to say that we're wishy washy or don't have a strong foundation, but I assure you that is absolutely not the case.

    Furthermore, yes, some people are put of by that type of energy, and others are attracted to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
    If you tested as an ENTP twice in a row, what would you do?
    Duck and cover!
    (removed)

  6. #716
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Nop, I'm really quite strong minded, and I do have an excellent memory.
    I am just baffled that you find especially that entp quality meaningful, when someone asks me about what I like in myself I usually tend to brag with totally exaggerated love-making skills or the day on which I managed to eat 10 sausages and drink 5 beer in 3 minutes and then vomited my name at the front door on campus
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  7. #717
    Senior Member Sparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    How do you ENTP's get over things so quickly?! When I am upset I tend to hang on to it, it sucks!
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

  8. #718
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    How do you ENTP's get over things so quickly?! When I am upset I tend to hang on to it, it sucks!
    When I feel the other party understood what bugged me, I feel understood and bad emotions are gone in an instant. Unfairness or when I feel misunderstood, I cant stand very well tho and it does bug me longer. Depends on how much of myself I allow to get involved
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  9. #719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Depends on how much of myself I allow to get involved
    Exactly.

    Emotional detachment helps. Just not giving a fuck most of the time if things go one way or the other (or about people and your relationship with said people). I mean, I DO on many levels, but I also DON'T. If I just focus on the levels in which I don't, then I can get over something.

    But being easily amused/pleased/tickled helps, too. There's always something to derive enjoyment from that can overshadow something that's been bugging me.

    And I guess I just have this "meter" inside me that says "ok, is this a BIG issue? No, this is not a BIG issue. So why the hell am I so worked up? I'm just wasting my time" and then I go on with my life. Cause there are better things to do and bigger things to get hung up on.

  10. #720
    Senior Member knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    There's a difference between always remaining open to receiving new information which could change the way you view something (the basis of Ne) and not having any foundation. I have a strongly Fe driven moral compass, it consists of live and let live and do not push your morals on other people, what I don't have is a strong Fi driven internal code. Combine those two elements together (Ne+Fe) and I may not approve of someone hurting another person but I will remain open to understanding their motives rather than condemn them.

    If you give me good information which encourages me to change my opinion then it means you have presented something I perceive internally to be true and logical (Ti) the rest of the time I am constantly challenging people to do so while keeping myself open to the chance of changing my view, without that actually happening.

    I have a north and a south, talk to me about marriage equality for example and you'll find I have very little gray area, but most things are simply not black and white to me, most things have not been debated to the point, or have enough personal involvement, where I feel I have all the available information to see injustice on one side




    So you say!




    Ime, they care about you [you being anyone], I don't.




    Procrastination. That one's a bitch. Not doing that which needs to be done because something exciting and shiny is calling me.

    Don't think anyone has ever considered using the term "wishy-washy" around me, I am quite grounded, just easily distracted is all.




    The world hears about 15% of my thoughts and ideas.

    thank you kasper

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Ask an ENTP
    By ZNP-TBA in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 09-17-2017, 12:55 PM
  2. [ENTP] How should an ENTP choose a career?
    By YoungGun2112 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 11:06 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 10:37 PM
  4. Ask an ENTP get a nasty answer
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 12:33 PM
  5. [ENTP] A few problems being an ENTP has caused
    By YoungGun2112 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 07:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO